Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 03:34 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
WTF does that even mean? Managing Putin? Lol. .
Too long to type. Let's call it managing Russia. And who is Russia (Putin)? does that help? If you dug into what was going on, you would know. Russia is F'ed! And Putin had no GD idea! The fact that you said "now the media is paying attention to Russia" (as if there is some fear-mongering) makes me wonder if you are a lost cause. Listen to the generals interview. Putin is in a headlock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 04:25 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
You're starting to sound like a Biden fanboy.

Do you even know what is really going on over there? Just like with Covid, you are sure quick to buy into whatever the media is telling you.
iT’s AlL a CoNsPiRaCy!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2022, 04:28 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
So you believe Putin. That says a lot.
Of course. Their leader called him ‘genius’. Therefore he is and everyone else is lying. That’s how it works.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:46 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,254,574 times
The subject is COVID, not Putin. But since we're reviving this thread, let's flash back to 2020 and focus on all that took place:

* Panic hoarding
* Forcing so called "non essential" businesses to close
* Creating shelter in place ordinances
* Canceling events
* Forcing restaurants to reduce their services to take out & delivery only
* Neglecting/canceling routine medical exams/doctor visits

I look back on all this jackassery, and shake my head to no end how we allowed the government to dictate our personal lives, especially when they were WRONG about practically everything. The lockdowns had little to no effect on controlling the virus, but they did result in:

* Empty shelves
* Unemployment
* Financial hardship for business owners & their employees
* Stimulus checks that caused frivolous spending
* Higher risks for serious medical issues (not related to COVID)
* Increased stress & anti social behavior

Last edited by Valley Native; 02-28-2022 at 10:55 PM..

Old 03-01-2022, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
The subject is COVID, not Putin. But since we're reviving this thread, let's flash back to 2020 and focus on all that took place:

* Panic hoarding
* Forcing so called "non essential" businesses to close
* Creating shelter in place ordinances
* Canceling events
* Forcing restaurants to reduce their services to take out & delivery only
* Neglecting/canceling routine medical exams/doctor visits

I look back on all this jackassery, and shake my head to no end how we allowed the government to dictate our personal lives, especially when they were WRONG about practically everything. The lockdowns had little to no effect on controlling the virus, but they did result in:

* Empty shelves
* Unemployment
* Financial hardship for business owners & their employees
* Stimulus checks that caused frivolous spending
* Higher risks for serious medical issues (not related to COVID)
* Increased stress & anti social behavior
I look at it a little differently. In the beginning, no one had ANY idea how deadly this virus was and the entire world (minus Sweeden) was incredibly cautious. In hindsight, overly cautious? Absolutely for many! But it depended on which lens you are staring through.

So no, they (whoever "they" are) were not wrong about "practically everything". But "they" were not forthright on a few topics.

Here is what I know:
1. Hundreds of thousands died. The only question that remains is how many hundreds of thousands. Was it 300,000 or the quoted 900,000. But it was "hundreds of thousands".
2. Healthcare workers were overwhelmed! And there surely would have been many more deaths if care got stretched even further. Yea, some people struggle with how to minimize virus transmission. But canceling events, forcing closures, etc DID drop the transmission rate.
3. Death rate, death rate, death rate. That's what 1/2 the people focused on. I also focused on long-term health problems. Watch to see what happens long-term with COVID (earlier versions) regards to our heart, brain, and lungs.

We agree that by "sheltering in place", many other people actually gained weight and missed health procedures. Meaning, they went backwards. And we agree that many other businesses took it in the shorts. I think the duration was too long on many fronts. Therefore, the honest question to be asked is were the trade-offs worth it? And again, the correct answer depends on who you were.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:15 AM

2,772 posts, read 5,722,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I look at it a little differently. In the beginning, no one had ANY idea how deadly this virus was and the entire world (minus Sweeden) was incredibly cautious. In hindsight, overly cautious? Absolutely for many! But it depended on which lens you are staring through.

So no, they (whoever "they" are) were not wrong about "practically everything". But "they" were not forthright on a few topics.

Here is what I know:
1. Hundreds of thousands died. The only question that remains is how many hundreds of thousands. Was it 300,000 or the quoted 900,000. But it was "hundreds of thousands".
2. Healthcare workers were overwhelmed! And there surely would have been many more deaths if care got stretched even further. Yea, some people struggle with how to minimize virus transmission. But canceling events, forcing closures, etc DID drop the transmission rate.
3. Death rate, death rate, death rate. That's what 1/2 the people focused on. I also focused on long-term health problems. Watch to see what happens long-term with COVID (earlier versions) regards to our heart, brain, and lungs.

We agree that by "sheltering in place", many other people actually gained weight and missed health procedures. Meaning, they went backwards. And we agree that many other businesses took it in the shorts. I think the duration was too long on many fronts. Therefore, the honest question to be asked is were the trade-offs worth it? And again, the correct answer depends on who you were.
Let's hope that people will take this opportunity to get healthy before the next Covid season begins. Doubtful, but hey.....

Old 03-01-2022, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Let's hope that people will take this opportunity to get healthy before the next Covid season begins. Doubtful, but hey.....
Doubtful? No chance that will happen. There should be stiff financial penalties (a.k.a. much higher healthcare premiums) for people who don't take care of themselves. But that won't happen either. Ofter, people only listen to their wallets.

Our ER doc son is in AZ for a week. The topic came up about what his life was like. He said he personally wrote/entered 10 deaths solely revolving around COVID. And many others who happen to have COVID but their death wasn't from COVID. He said doctors that he knows made that clear in their notes.

But the ****-show he described easily proved how many people suffered throughout COVID while 1/2 of the people didn't think it was a big deal and spreading it like mad. The impact is still here to stay: like the massive exodus of nurses https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...orkers/620713/ . It's a huge issue as we speak. And that's forgetting the fact that we are still being treated by burned out employees. He rambled off a fast dozen of impacts he observed. Like having to get on and off PPE (and the result of those large inefficiencies) to having to relocate COVID patience with nowhere to put them (while watching an adjacent older patient catch COVID and later die because no one had the bandwidth or beds to address putting that person in closer proximity to an infected person), realizing that person having a heart attack in the ER had to "cook" (his words) with more severe long term damage because of an extra hour wait. All because they were exploding at the seams and 1/2 the population blew off their concerns. He went on and on (I forgot most of his points). And most docs didn't want to say a word because some armchair expert was going to spout nonsense and **** them off (further demotivation).

Anyways, hopefully, all this is behind us. But he ended his point by saying when a more severe virus comes around again, we will probably be more screwed than ever. I'm not sure why we let this topic get politicized. But it proves how delicate we are as a society.

Old 03-02-2022, 12:46 PM

47 posts, read 33,992 times
Politics make people stupid.

Old 08-26-2023, 09:30 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times
After rereading some of these posts about covid it is clear that if we lsiten to certain types of people we are doomed as a country and censorship is a sure way to turn us into a communist country.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:21 AM

50,762 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Mask up. I have covid now and now of a couple of other people who have it.

Fortunately, this is not the severe type that we had for a while.

I was surprised that at the ER, most of the doctors and nurses did NOT wear masks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area