Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2020, 02:45 PM

1,694 posts, read 1,275,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Science has learned a lot about COVID. It's not a super virus. Rather, it is wimpy. Generally speaking, transmission happens via droplets (total load). So transmission rarely happens "airborne" (aerosols) or by touching contaminated surfaces. Show me an outbreak or concentration of COVID transmission and it is going to happen indoors. So that science is in but the message hasn't been modified which is a shame. Yes, as a whole, COIVD is overblown.

Realize when you think you are all alone at Lowes and I want to come down the isle, I might turn around and wait. When it is the store policy and law, I consider someone an uneducated and selfish dick. Yes, that stare was intentional. And while we are at it, I predict employees don't appreciate your flawed logic. Don't shoot the messenger.

Luckily for me, I have N95's. So statistically speaking, my fitted masks should protect me from people who inaccurately assume they understand the science. What is obvious is that masks (even crappy ones) knock down a lot of the droplets reducing the total load. My properly fitted N95's knock down 95% of submicron (below a millionth of a meter) particles.

So here you go. Watch it and learn. If you get the virus, you will be part of the problem at Lowes or Cicle K.
https://edhub.ama-assn.org/jn-learni...layer/18357411

In short, restaurants are allowed to dodge a mask to keep them in business. It's called risk mitigation. So when you are eating at a table inside, there is a risk. But so long as the infection rate is below 1.0 and people are fairly vigilant in other environments, I get why the rules were waived. It's why I want to eat outdoors and I still wear masks while I wait for my food (reducing the droplets of people breathing and talking closeby). Remember, it's the total load that matters.
You keep talking about droplets. If I'm not coughing, sneezing, or talking - where are these droplets coming from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 02:52 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
You keep talking about droplets. If I'm not coughing, sneezing, or talking - where are these droplets coming from?
Oh man, I needed this laugh. Thank you! Hint, can you fog a mirror? And I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:55 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
Quote:
I assume you also breathe from time to time?

Old 09-17-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Oh man, I needed this laugh. Thank you! Hint, can you fog a mirror? And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
Surprise, you're back on the forum. Must be another hard day at work for you.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I assume you also breathe from time to time?
WTF do you think I'm doing? Do you think I'm going around asking people if my breath smells bad? I said if I'm at Lowe's in an aisle by myself, I take my mask off. I said nothing about breathing on people. I obviously put my mask on if I'm by people.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:20 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Surprise, you're back on the forum. Must be another hard day at work for you.
Pretty light one, so thanks again for the humor!

Old 09-17-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Pretty light one, so thanks again for the humor!
I'll be here all week.

Old 09-17-2020, 03:59 PM

525 posts, read 539,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
We do not want to see those numbers rise again.
The cases are not rising.

"It’s because of results from a newly approved diagnostic test. Included in today’s update – and updates for the next several days – are results from tests done over the past few months. According to AZDHS, the Food and Drug Administration approved a fourth antigen test for diagnosing COVID-19. Antigen tests are not the same as antibody tests, which require a blood draw."

I seriously hate it when this do this. Let's just throw in numbers from 3 months back.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:26 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgirl View Post
The cases are not rising.

"It’s because of results from a newly approved diagnostic test. Included in today’s update – and updates for the next several days – are results from tests done over the past few months. According to AZDHS, the Food and Drug Administration approved a fourth antigen test for diagnosing COVID-19. Antigen tests are not the same as antibody tests, which require a blood draw."

I seriously hate it when this do this. Let's just throw in numbers from 3 months back.
Thanks for that. It looked really strange that numbers in the state were up 1800 but Maricopa County was only 300 for the day. MC is usually about 3/4ths of the total.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:37 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times
Quote:
I don’t text and drive, but I’m smart enough to understand that what may be right for me may not be right for others. As long as you don’t text and drive, you have nothing to worry about. How much do we really want to be controlled?

Logik harrd
Another stupid analogy of yours...you can't protect yourself from someone else texting and driving. You can certainly protect yourself from covid and others who don't wear masks. Wear a mask yourself, social distance, wash your hands, don't touch your face, etc.

I'm going to move on since several of you won't have a rational discussion on the issue.

Heck, I support wearing masks and wear a mask every day even when not at work. I'm not advocating for not wearing masks.

Last edited by LBTRS; 09-17-2020 at 04:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area