Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 05:56 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
It hasn't dawned on you that "technical minds" aren't always accurate. In fact, they've been incorrect on a number of occasions. Both the CDC and WHO were confident early on in saying masks were unnecessary. The Surgeon General even made a statement for the public to quit buying masks because they're ineffective. Now all of them have done a complete 180.
Even with multiple posts that were deleted, back in March, I posted several times that the Surgeon General is underqualified and is a "yes man". I also linked studies in the SAR's era that showed masks factually helped. Now, do you see the difference? Multiple studies show that the Surgeon General outright lied or was a technical dope. Both WHO And the SG probably claimed masks did not help in order to save masks for 1st responders. I posted a (real) example of common sense when doctors were busy making their own homebrew PPE.

Notice how easy it was to find a counter opinion. Because technical people knew that masks helped even when others lied or were wrong. In YOUR heat is the cause case, it is different, you cannot find a single study in the entire world that shows that heat enhances the virus transmission.

Quote:
So much for "technical minds" who spend most of their time crunching data and writing research papers, but provide no real solutions or action. It shouldn't be any too surprising that they can't seem to wake up from their statistical nerd fest & employ some common sense intelligence. Perhaps if they did, they could actually see the largest spikes lately are occurring in the hotter Sunbelt states, not the cooler climates (contrary to all the "data" which suggests otherwise). Obviously there are other variables behind this, and I'm not saying you're incorrect, but the assumption that heat helps reduce infection rates doesn't appear to be true regarding COVID. Again, not enough is known about the virus to draw any substantial conclusions about the "whys" at this point.
Are you suggesting that you are smarter than the scientists and experts on this topic because of your "common sense" with your heat theory? Wow.! People's minds have an amazing ability to cope by calling them "nerds" or "number crunchers". Common sense... Is that your strength?

Quote:
Of course I know this, and in fact, I'm the one who brought it up. Their diets, hygiene, and lifestyles are generally substandard, and these are key factors in any health related matter. I've seen the conditions on tribal lands, and it's sad & sickening. But then, you suggested I was making racist remarks when I referred to them as "those people", and how they caused a lot of their own problems.
()
You missed my point... again. Last try. If a demographic has high obesity, diabetes, and high BP (which doesn't have anything to do with "hygiene") in combination with having several people living in the same household, it's pointless to use that example to prove a point that they live on a lot of spread out land. The term is called weighted average. Since you are not a "nerd", it prevents you from having a debate with someone who uses a term out of 10th-grade biology class.

I tried not to post with your "heat theory". No one else touched it. I should have let you show your surplus common sense and moved on. My bad...

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 07-07-2020 at 06:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 06:05 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Poring over the zip code data, one can't miss the fact that the most affected areas are those where there are large concentrations of Hispanic residents. These people are particularly vulnerable to infection because they work in positions that are considered essential, live in multi-generational homes and apartments, and have a culture that encourages family togetherness for all manner of occasions. They are demographically AZs youngest residents and least likely to have serious disease which is a plus except that the jobs they do usually provide no sick benefits and no insurance encouraging them to go in sick. The jobs are also those where they are in contact with other community members providing, often, face to face services.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:46 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times
Arizona Death rate: 1.7% That is deaths related to positives. If you go deaths per tests, you get .29%. Scary stuff.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:38 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,411,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Even with multiple posts that were deleted, back in March, I posted several times that the Surgeon General is underqualified and is a "yes man". I also linked studies in the SAR's era that showed masks factually helped. Now, do you see the difference? Multiple studies show that the Surgeon General outright lied or was a technical dope. Both WHO And the SG probably claimed masks did not help in order to save masks for 1st responders. I posted a (real) example of common sense when doctors were busy making their own homebrew PPE.

Notice how easy it was to find a counter opinion. Because technical people knew that masks helped even when others lied or were wrong. In YOUR heat is the cause case, it is different, you cannot find a single study in the entire world that shows that heat enhances the virus transmission.

Are you suggesting that you are smarter than the scientists and experts on this topic because of your "common sense" with your heat theory? Wow.! People's minds have an amazing ability to cope by calling them "nerds" or "number crunchers". Common sense... Is that your strength?
Yes, I've been posting this and saying this since March, perhaps before.

Fauci and the Sgn General were both LYING about masks not being needed.

They lied again and again and again.

Fauci admitted he lied about 3 weeks ago on national media.

It's pretty pathetic.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post

It's pretty pathetic.
Agreed. It should deemed as “common sense” especially when doctors were screaming for PPE and making their own homemade brew! People who bought their message hook line and sinker were easy pray. Let’s never forget that 1/2 the people running around the world (by definition) have below average intelligence. You know, masks cause people harm, the trilateral commission is behind this or Bill Gates is profiting from COVID. Yicks! You don’t have to a genius to smell B.S. It seems we smelled it easier than others.

As you know, when politics enter into decisions, often, common sense means you should question their line of thinking. Either side of the isle. A healthy dose of questioning is smart.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:42 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
It's pretty pathetic.
It sure is, I don't know if this is true but my doctor said they lied because there weren't enough masks for even front line health care workers and they were afraid there would be riots if they told people to wear masks when none were available. She said in Taiwan in February they deployed their military to make millions of mask to avoid that from happening

Old 07-07-2020, 10:47 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It sure is, I don't know if this is true but my doctor said they lied because there weren't enough masks for even front line health care workers and they were afraid there would be riots if they told people to wear masks when none were available. She said in Taiwan in February they deployed their military to make millions of mask to avoid that from happening
Of course that's it. The efficacy of masks was never in question. They were simply trying to keep supplies for those that needed them the most. Everyone can see that except the morons every now and then that try to use that as justification for them maintaining their freedumbs.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:35 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
We're talking about disposable respirators such as the N95 rather than masks, right? Let's use the right terminology.

But yes, I knew from the beginning why they were lying. Someone suggested recently that N95s should be provided to the highest-risk people (regardless of age) so they can have lives, too. I'll post a link to the article if I can find it again. I'm not waiting for government to hand me a disposable respirator; I'm sourcing my own genuine PPE. Lots of fakes out there.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Of course that's it. The efficacy of masks was never in question. They were simply trying to keep supplies for those that needed them the most. Everyone can see that except the morons every now and then that try to use that as justification for them maintaining their freedumbs.
As we continue to agree, I kind of miss the days when we spared a little. JUST kidding. I think I also remember you pointing out (and I'm paraphrasing) that WHO cannot throw countries under the bus that have zero percent chance of sourcing masks. Like poorer countries in Africa etc.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
As we continue to agree, I kind of miss the days when we spared a little. JUST kidding. I think I also remember you pointing out (and I'm paraphrasing) that WHO cannot throw countries under the bus that have zero percent chance of sourcing masks. Like poorer countries in Africa etc.
Sorry, I'll work on being less agreeable. Although, some would argue that I'm already doing a good job.

Yes, the point about the WHO having global representation and needing to be mindful of their recommendations is another driver of the initial response.

I can't even believe that we're still discussing the need to wear masks. At this point, it's like debating the "right" to text and drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area