Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 02:30 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,280,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
They're limiting it to Gila County residents, AFAIK.

Gila County even made the New York Times. LOL.
This means the state has allocated too many doses to them, possibly a result of the older people that live there refusing the vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 11:00 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,664,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I really can’t honestly, but they gotta at least be better than paper masks or washable cloth masks
When your eyes are still exposed?

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at all these panicked lemmings, running around in weird combinations of useless masks being used the wrong way for the wrong reason.

A mask is not going to stop you from getting sick. Period. Even the CDC used to announce that loudly until the bureaucrats got involved.

At what point do you ask yourself why the areas with the highest rates of infection are also the most zealous about masks?

Old 03-05-2021, 11:23 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,649,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post

I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at all these panicked lemmings, running around in weird combinations of useless masks being used the wrong way for the wrong reason.

A mask is not going to stop you from getting sick. Period. Even the CDC used to announce that loudly until the bureaucrats got involved.

At what point do you ask yourself why the areas with the highest rates of infection are also the most zealous about masks?
No one is saying that masks don't help. They do. It's just the conspiracy freaks that think being able to spread droplets in a pandemic is some sort of constitutional right. You have to ask why the same people don't freak out over seatbelt laws, dress codes, texting while driving bans, and other restrictions on their "liberties". There's one reason. Hint, it's orange. Wearing a mask is a minor inconvenience, but the amount of pushback that it receives is nothing short of political cult-mentality that completely lacks empathy and common sense.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:31 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Ducey is removing most capacity limits but keeping the masking up (it is a county in Maricopa). This seems to be a good compromise. I was initially reluctant to see the govs going this way, but then read some comments from the former FDA director which changed my thinking:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/dr-s...ompromise.html

On a personal note, I have both my shots and ventured out to my old haunts yesterday for the first time in many months. It felt good. Next week the covid hair mess gets cut off! I did mask, if for no other reason that not to worry those many people who are still waiting for shots.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ducey is removing most capacity limits but keeping the masking up (it is a county in Maricopa). This seems to be a good compromise. I was initially reluctant to see the govs going this way, but then read some comments from the former FDA director which changed my thinking:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/dr-s...ompromise.html

On a personal note, I have both my shots and ventured out to my old haunts yesterday for the first time in many months. It felt good. Next week the covid hair mess gets cut off! I did mask, if for no other reason that not to worry those many people who are still waiting for shots.
I don’t understand how it’s a compromise when many of the now unrestricted business will be those where patrons are maskless eating and drinking, they’ll just be much closer together now. Hopefully the vaccine distributions ramps up quickly.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:53 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,971,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That's considerate of you.

I get my second shot on Monday and I'm wondering if I will be brave enough to go into stores two weeks later. I still think of activities in terms of risk. Going to the doctor's office, worth the risk. Going to Costco, maybe not.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:59 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
That's considerate of you.

I get my second shot on Monday and I'm wondering if I will be brave enough to go into stores two weeks later. I still think of activities in terms of risk. Going to the doctor's office, worth the risk. Going to Costco, maybe not.
I know what you mean. I am leery of it too. I mean who knows if the shot took? I suppose my N95 mask is my crutch too. But I just decided that I gotta get back to some semblance of living. So I'll be doing baby steps for a while. Indoors at restaurants are out for the time being, that's for sure, Ducey or not.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:31 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,280,435 times
Quote:

This report on OANN brought to you by My Pillow™.

Old 03-05-2021, 01:35 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:

“Useless masks”? Let me guess. You are not very technical. As in, you have never read research papers on masks. Allow me to help. There are WORTHLESS masks, semi worthless masks, decent masks, and incredible masks.

I wear N95’s because there are a lot of non-technical types assuming they have it all figured out.

Old 03-05-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
This report on OANN brought to you by My Pillow™.
In partnership with the QAnon Shaman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area