Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 05:58 PM

453 posts, read 457,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Did you go door-to-door and conduct a survey find out that many black people in America think this way? Or do you have the ability to look into our minds and see what we're thinking?
I grew up around black people, okay? I've met more racist African-Americans than I ever have racist white people, but society seems to think that's okay. I've also seen the way people acted towards my former roommate and a black girl I dated. Her parents threatened to disown her for dating a white guy. I also have a friend from Nigeria who's told me the same thing. He used to give a black guy a ride to school every day, and not once did the guy ever thank him or offer to pay for gas.

Not to mention, I also went to a public school that was predominately black, and the other kids always used to give me a hard time just for being a "damn ******" in their school. I was the only white kid in my entire class, and though I was good to everyone, I never fit in. My mother was the only one who came in during the Christmas Party and made treats for the kids. None of the others even bothered to lift a finger. Half of them didn't even work. Not to mention, none of the kids ever thanked my mother for volunteering.

She pulled me out of that school not because I was white. It was because I had nothing in common with any of those kids, and all they were doing was keeping me down. I spent half my time tutoring five of my classmates because they were underperforming. The parents didn't care, either. So don't give me this song and dance about not being exposed to black culture when I know it all too well. I even got ostracized by my peers for listening to rap music because they didn't like me "pretending to black." I was too white for them, so I wasn't cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 06:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
I grew up around black people, okay? I've met more racist African-Americans than I ever have racist white people, but society seems to think that's okay. I've also seen the way people acted towards my former roommate and a black girl I dated. Her parents threatened to disown her for dating a white guy. I also have a friend from Nigeria who's told me the same thing. He used to give a black guy a ride to school every day, and not once did the guy ever thank him or offer to pay for gas.
Ok so you grew up around black people - good for you.

I grew up black but yet I still don't know what they all are thinking on any given day. If you don't want people to accuse you of being racist then don't say things like

"Many of the black people in America still think everybody owes them something"

Maybe the black people you know think that way but don't pretend to know what the rest of us are thinking.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:04 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:

Most stereotypes are based on facts. I know not all black people live in the ghetto and depend on welfare.
Most stereotypes are based off of partial facts, not complete facts. Also, what I said was that not all that live in the ghetto depend on welfare, not just all blacks.
We have a black President last time I checked.
Wrong again, but this racist belief I wont get into right now.
I lived in a neighborhood that turned into a ghetto when the hood rats from the inner city moved into it. They brought all their gangs with them. Not all of them were black. Many were Mexican, but whenever people tried correcting the problem, everything became a racial issue.

I had a roommate who was a black guy. He had a Master's Degree, and he spoke proper English. He didn't speak Ebonics and butcher the language. Meanwhile, he was considered a pariah by several other African-Americans for "not acting black enough." He was criticized for "being too white" because he had class and didn't act like some hoodrat. I'm always pleased whenever I meet educated people of any skin color.
For one, I would hope he didnt act like a hoodrat, since a hood rat is a female. I wont go into the racist belief on calling blacks African American. While yes there are some black people that will use the acting white etc... that doesnt mean that the majority of them do.

The people who criticized him for "not acting black enough" I call lobsters. There are folks like that in all kinds of groups. I call them that because they're a bunch of bottomfeeders that do nothing but bring other people down. They like to hide behind their cretaceous exoskeletons and drag people down into the boiling pot with them. When one tries to crawl out, there's another that always has to pull it down in there.

As unkind as you think I am, I'm not racist. I'm not color-blind, though. Truth be told, it's kind of impossible to be when you see all this stuff right in front of your face everyday. I realize skin color has nothing to do with it. It's more along the lines of class, but the black community are their own worst enemy.
the worst enemy of the black community is the liberals in America, they are the ones that constantly tell black people that they cant make it on their own accord, that they need the rich white man to make it.
If they want to get ahead and improve their situation, pulling out the race card isn't the way to do it. That's not how Barack Obama became President, nor is that how Oprah became one of TV's most powerful celebrities.
Well for one, since Obama isnt "Black", but he became president because that is how he was precieved.
End of story; I'm done!
Also, it is many of your viewpoints that are racist in nature, not necessarily that you yourself have a deep rooted belief in oppressing those not the same color skin as yourself.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
But you chose to make a blanket statement about black people because....

I'm making general statements about gangs, honey. It's no secret that the vast majority of the gangs in America are black and Hispanic. I know that may not want to be what you wish to hear, but numbers don't lie.
I never said I hated black people, either. I said they're their own worst enemy, and I don't have to justify anything to you or anybody else in this thread.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Not to mention, I also went to a public school that was predominately black, and the other kids always used to give me a hard time just for being a "damn ******" in their school. I was the only white kid in my entire class, and though I was good to everyone, I never fit in. My mother was the only one who came in during the Christmas Party and made treats for the kids. None of the others even bothered to lift a finger. Half of them didn't even work. Not to mention, none of the kids ever thanked my mother for volunteering.

She pulled me out of that school not because I was white. It was because I had nothing in common with any of those kids, and all they were doing was keeping me down. I spent half my time tutoring five of my classmates because they were underperforming. The parents didn't care, either. So don't give me this song and dance about not being exposed to black culture when I know it all too well. I even got ostracized by my peers for listening to rap music because they didn't like me "pretending to black." I was too white for them, so I wasn't cool.

It sounds like more of an issue of you being around the wrong class of people, then the issues of race.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:08 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Quote:

I'm making general statements about gangs, honey. It's no secret that the vast majority of the gangs in America are black and Hispanic. I know that may not want to be what you wish to hear, but numbers don't lie.
I never said I hated black people, either. I said they're their own worst enemy, and I don't have to justify anything to you or anybody else in this thread.
No you're not making general statements about gangs. You said "Many of the black people in America still think everybody owes them something" but it's nice of you to try to pretend you didn't.

So let me see if I can follow this pretend train of thought you're on...the vast majority of the gangs in American are black and Hispanic because many of the black people in America still think everybody owes them something...is that what you were trying to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
It sounds like more of an issue of you being around the wrong class of people, then the issues of race.
Yeah pretty much but no one wants to admit that they know ****ty people...you know that whole "you are who you hang with" thing.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:11 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,335 times
Sit our fat arses down in front of our computer and complain about it.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
No you're not making general statements about gangs. You said "Many of the black people in America still think everybody owes them something" but it's nice of you to try to pretend you didn't.

So let me see if I can follow this pretend train of thought you're on...the vast majority of the gangs in American are black and Hispanic because many of the black people in America still think everybody owes them something...is that what you were trying to say?

Yeah pretty much but no one wants to admit that they know ****ty people...you know that whole "you are who you hang with" thing.
I left that neighborhood a long time ago, and I don't hang out with gangs anymore. I don't think OJ is innocent, either, but I'm sure you do. I stopped listening to rap music, and I went onto college and worked in the Peace Corps over in Africa, and I think most gangs in America are predominately black and Hispanic because those cultures don't put enough emphasis on education, and many of the people in those environment lack ambition, and you're not going to make me feel guilty about what I believe. I'm done!

Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
That is what most of the people on these threads do.

If they were truly concerned about it, they would get out and volunteer, and do other things to help with the problems, instead of just complain

Old 07-31-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Or stir up trouble online like some people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies