Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 01:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Oh holy moly how could i have been so wrong, the fruit flies made it all so clear.
Fruit fly is the primary species for basic genetic and medical research in the world - many, many, many cures and advanced treatments are due to genetic research in fruit flies.

Fruit fly and human genetics are surprisingly (not too surprising if you understand evolution) similar. About 61% of known human disease genes have a recognizable match in the genetic code of fruit flies, and 50% of fly protein sequences have mammalian analogues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
So everyone agrees that heterosexuals are born straight, or is it a choice?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,209,063 times
That whole 99.9% of gay men said they were molsted comment is TOOOOOOTAL BS.

I have or have been good friends with many many gay men during the past 10 years. We weren't all molseted as children - what kind of messed up stuff would that be? I don't know any gay friends who were molested as kids. Gay kids grow up in the same households as everyone else. A gay person would have as much a chance of being molested as someone who's left handed or has brown hair. If you're gay, you're gay. If you're straight, you're straight. If you're molested, you're molseted.

Lets go interview and get all these gay men together with their famlies and confront if there was abuse and molesting going on 99.9% of the time. I think you would have a lot of pissed off relatives and gay people alike having them labeled like that just because their son/daughter/granddaughter/cousin, etc. is gay.

I can understand people who don't know any gay friends/relatives say bizarre and hurtful things about gays because they don't know anything about it and find it "strange". At least from my observations though, families have matured and become much more open minded when they are faced with the fact their son/daughter is gay. Most of my friends are out to their parents, and their parents might not like it, but they accept it as just who that person is. I do have a few friends though who's parents have said "if I ever had a gay son - I would kill him". Obviously those friends have no plans on telling their parents, which is really sad because it's obviously not my friends fault. I really don't blame their parents either. They're not trying to be ignorant and biggoted, it's just what they grew up with. They can't possibly think one of their own kids could be gay, because they think they "raised them right".

I also don't have an AGENDA, just like all my gay friends. I don't tell everyone at work I'm gay, because what does it matter to them, and I don't want to deal with any stupid crap either. I just want to date my boyfriend, go out to eat, go out drinking on the weekends, laugh and have fun. That's it. People act like gays are shoving it down their throats. Exactly how would gay marriage change anything about you or your life? I really don't undestand why it's even an issue except because of religion. I know old coworkers who are gay and have been with their partners for decades. Of course they would love to get married and enjoy the tax/benefits/medical/laws that would help them out as a couple. They are doing it because of the benefits. They couldn't care less about what straight people think. No one would ever know they were even married.

Last edited by Chicago60614; 10-19-2010 at 01:14 PM..

Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM

32 posts, read 27,118 times
Maybe people are not born heterosexual. Maybe they are all born gay and just choose to be heterosexual.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I personally do not believe that people are "born" homosexual, it's just a feeling I have, I believe that there is a cause for homosexuality. If people are born gay, does that mean that pedophiles are born to be pedophiles? Does this also mean that people who are sexually attracted to their blood related members are born to have incest or are people born to be sexually attracted to animals or corpses? If people start thinking that, does this mean we'll have to accept people who molest children or people who have sex with animals? Right now those sexual thoughts except for homosexuality are considered to be mental disorders, sexual disorders and deviant. Homosexuality used to be considered sick and deviant as well, why isn't it anymore?

Give me an explanation as to WHY you think homosexuals are born homosexual and why you are so certain that people are born as homosexuals.
Homosexuals must prove that they are born gay so that the civil rights can be applied in a culture sense.

Otherwise, it's just sex. Civil rights for minority groups do not apply in just sex(ual) activities. They will bring in Freud every time in order to help prove their case that they are born attracted to same genders.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:21 PM

758 posts, read 1,640,678 times
Hooray for the fruitfly gene! I was hoping that someone was going to bring it up!

If it WAS a choice, why would someone choose to be gay and willingly submit themselves to hate, fear, discrimination and other types of hardship?

Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
I don't need evidence to know the truth.
^^^
Why so many see the extreme right wing as an ignorant joke.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:41 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Sorry your posts are normally better than this It makes no sense with the quoat.

Sure it does!

You said, there is not one shread of evidence you Homosexuals are born that way

And so the obvious conclusion is that you feel you had a choice, that you could have gone gay, but you consciously selected heterosexuality. Me--I never had a choice. I was born straight.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:45 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
What does everyone think of this link that describes in great detail the political push to remove the diagnosis of Homosexuality from the DSM?

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/pdf...rbanLegend.pdf

Now, just in case you don't like the "traditional values" site, how about this book written by 2 Brilliant Homosexuals:

AFTER THE BALL: HOW AMERICA WILL CONQUER ITS FEAR AND HATRED OF GAYS in the 90'S by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, two Harvard Educated Intellectual Homosexuals. The book basically presents a clever plan of attack on the Heterosexual population in which the advertising media is used to "depict all opponents of the gay movement as homophobic bigots who are 'not Christian' and the propoganda can further show them as being criticized, hated and shunned...Our effect is achieved without reference to facts, logic or proof...the person's beliefs can be altered whether he is conscious of the attack or not." (pp152-153)

I see Kirk and Madsen's strategies used here on the boards a lot. Now, I don't want to see any person or group unjustifiably feared or hated; but I also don't like to be manipulated or tricked...and "facts," "logic" and "proof" should be relevant factors in any honest discourse or plan.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:48 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
What does everyone think of this link that describes in great detail the political push to remove the diagnosis of Homosexuality from the DSM?

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/pdf...rbanLegend.pdf

Now, just in case you don't like the "traditional values" site, how about this book written by 2 Brilliant Homosexuals:

AFTER THE BALL: HOW AMERICA WILL CONQUER ITS FEAR AND HATRED OF GAYS in the 90'S by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, two Harvard Educated Intellectual Homosexuals. The book basically presents a clever plan of attack on the Heterosexual population in which the advertising media is used to "depict all opponents of the gay movement as homophobic bigots who are 'not Christian' and the propoganda can further show them as being criticized, hated and shunned...Our effect is achieved without reference to facts, logic or proof...the person's beliefs can be altered whether he is conscious of the attack or not." (pp152-153)

I see Kirk and Madsen's strategies used here on the boards a lot. Now, I don't want to see any person or group unjustifiably feared or hated; but I also don't like to be manipulated or tricked...and "facts," "logic" and "proof" should be relevant factors in any honest discourse or plan.
Regardless of how homosexuality was removed from the DMS, I'd like to ask what, generally, is a mental disorder? In other words, define "mental disorder".

Now using that definition, explain how homosexuality either is or is not a mental disorder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies