Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 11:11 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats actually a pretty good idea.. you might want to delete your posting until you get a patent..
So could you delete your quote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 11:16 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was able to buy a planet cheap that came with two oceans. It was a foreclosure. I had to install my own mountains because the previous owner leveled them to get back at the bank.
I want photos

Old 12-17-2010, 11:17 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
I was going to say myself, keep mum till you get that patent!

Old 12-17-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Done..

Old 12-17-2010, 05:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
So judgmental, must be too much work to try and understand the perspective of anyone who doesn't see things/life just exactly the way you do.

That is exactly how folks construct their "agreement reality".
Don't worry about it! those who are so easy to judge others, are inmature within them own selves.

When you are extremely happy and accepting as a perosn, you put no other person down, inmaturity and lack of good judgement. Is what it is, and utter NONESENSE.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
In the end i guess for the same reason people no longer want to live in a cave and expect society to guarnateee their survival really.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:04 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We have a 6,000 sf home, and I'm closing in the screened in patio to make a 4 season room and turning the basement into a theater to add another 1500 sf total. The size drives my gf bonkers.. The 1,000 sf master bedroom/bath for example left us wondering what on gods earth we were going to do with all of the extra space. I mean a bed, dressers take up x amount of space and with the walk in closet, there isnt much need for extras.

She hates our home, the cleaning that needs done, the neighborhood because she feels out of place, (she's black, white neighborhood), and the amout we're putting into it to "finish" what I want because she knows there isnt a chance in hell we need a 7,500sf home and selling it is going to be a big pain the a$$ since it sits in a neighborhood of 1500 sf houses..
My house is 720 sq feet. I'd like one room as a general storage room but thats all. I love the look of my 1930's house and the way its not big. If I were your gf I'd tell you that if you must have all the space you can hire a maid to clean more than the useful parts of the kitchen and laundry room. Huge spaces are a LOT of work and if you aren't doing it yourself, then maybe you should.

If I was your neighbors I'd be casting a glare at your house for being a scourge on the neighborhood. I bet it looks like a big and totally out of place example of excess in a neighborhood where most people are happy with what they have got.

When people supersize a house in an ordinary neighborhood it always looks out of place and can mess with the value of everyone's house. Who wants a house next to you where the neighbor can spy on your yard any time they want?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
So judgmental, must be too much work to try and understand the perspective of anyone who doesn't see things/life just exactly the way you do.

That is exactly how folks construct their "agreement reality".
OR understand that some are achievers, some have worked hard all their life so they can afford the little luxuries of life and......some haven't, which makes them envious and jealous others. It shouldn't matter one bit to others if I have a 5000sf home or a 1250sf home.

If I've earned the money, I can spend it any way I please.

Last edited by sanrene; 12-17-2010 at 07:31 PM..

Old 12-17-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't worry about it! those who are so easy to judge others, are inmature within them own selves.

When you are extremely happy and accepting as a perosn, you put no other person down, inmaturity and lack of good judgement. Is what it is, and utter NONESENSE.
I noticed that.. Not one of us with with "larger" homes said anything negative about those with smaller homes.. but boy did the bashing come out against us... I wonder if there is something to be said about that...

Old 12-17-2010, 07:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Living and raising my kids in a small house was a great way to avoid the over accumulation of stuff. We still have way too much for my taste but unfortunately it's not just "my" house and I have to accomodate everyone else's wishes. When I do get my own place one day there isn't going to be much in it that doesn't get used every day. That's how I like to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies