Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 01:32 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times

Advertisements

I think he was mentally ill, and we probably can't blame him any more than we can blame a diabetic for not outputting the proper amount of insulin.

But for safety's sake, he shouldn't be let out on the street again... maybe ever.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I think he was mentally ill, and we probably can't blame him any more than we can blame a diabetic for not outputting the proper amount of insulin.

But for safety's sake, he shouldn't be let out on the street again... maybe ever.
If ever there was a case for the death penalty, I'd say this is one.

He is guilty, no question about it, a dozen witnesses, and the gun in his hand with his prints on it.

Even if he is insane and can't control his action, he will never be mentally stable enough to get out. Just put the animal down, and get on with the human experience. I know this would bring little to no peace to the families of the victims, but no need for the tax payers of this country to feed this idiot, and no need for me to share my oxygen with this thing.

But honestly, he has shown forethought into his actions, planned them out. Pleading temporary insanity isn't going to work.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:46 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Ummm,no....
Ehm, yes - read your quote.

Quote:
Giffords has stated that the Arizona SB1070 legislation is a "clear calling that the federal government needs to do a better job" and saying that she hopes the legislation acts as a wake up call to the federal government. However, she stopped short of supporting the law itself, saying that it "does nothing to secure our border" and that it "stands in direct contradiction to our past and, as a result, threatens our future." She also claimed that SB1070 kept Arizona from attracting students and businesses.
Must I do everything around here?

Old 01-09-2011, 01:51 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I think the Democrats have definitely created a climate of hate with their vitrol directed at those who are different from them (i.e. the rich, the religious, the conservative, or the hardworking)
Please it's not Demcrats that use rhetoric like:

"Second Amendment Remedies" - Sharron Angle

"Dont' Retreat, Reload" - Sarah Palin

"If not ballots don't work , bullets will" - Joyce Kaufman, Allen West's formere chief of staff before this comment forced her to resign.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm, yes - read your quote.

Must I do everything around here?
She supported MORE border control....

Old 01-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You know what is really sad, when JFK was killed, when RFK was killed, and when Reagan was shot people in this country put their differences aside.

Several people have been killed including a 9yr old child, and listen to some of you go back and forth.

Shame on you. Just reinforces my belief that this country will implode from the inside.
Your absolutely right this country is going to undergoe major political and social unrest in the next 20 years. This is just the beginning.

When you combine the economic and demographic changes that are going to happen in the future there is no way that this country is not going have problems that are going to test its ability to survive.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Please it's not Demcrats that use rhetoric like:

"Second Amendment Remedies" - Sharron Angle

"Dont' Retreat, Reload" - Sarah Palin

"If not ballots don't work , bullets will" - Joyce Kaufman, Allen West's formere chief of staff before this comment forced her to resign.
and yet again you forget the hate and vitriol spewed by the democrats against republicans and george bush. as i have said before, BOTH sides are at fault.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post

"In the hours after the shooting, Palin issued a statement in which she expressed her "sincere condolences" to the family of Giffords and the other victims."

I suppose I might be a bit overly skeptical, sounds a bit like crocodile tears to me. Why do I suspect that the only reason Palin would be sorry about anything would be if she were caught.
It's political cover for her "Don't retreat, reload" statement, nothing more.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:06 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and yet again you forget the hate and vitriol spewed by the democrats against republicans and george bush. as i have said before, BOTH sides are at fault.
List the Democratic candidates - not fringe activists, candidates - espousing viewpoints like those of Angle. Can you?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,177,029 times
The current rhetoric gets to both the mentally healthy and mentally ill just the same. Someone prone to act out may feel like they are being given a direction, permission, encouragement or even just a basic idea when they hear talk of a "second amendment solution" or where there is a popular or very loud direction of hate to a class of people. Any class of people, whether based in ideology, religion, or skin color. In this country we have a great deal of freedom to speak our minds but with freedom comes responsibility. Too often we forget that our speech does have consequence, whether it's entering an agreement, breaking an agreement, injuring someone or boosting them up, or inciting action whether directly intended or not. We should each be responsible for the foreseeable consequences of both our words and our deeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies