Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Gee, sad they are wasting their little funds as plaintiffs in a civil case to sue in court. That is quite costly considering they are filing bankruptcy these days as well.
That's synonymous with a District Attorney telling a victim of fraud or extortion that it's to costly to prosecute a case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 08:59 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,871 times
It should be killed (if I can still use that word and the controllers of society haven't stricken it from the language). At the beginning of capitalism it was the government's job to ensure the health of the people, clean air by having cities built to take wind patterns into account, and the job of sheriff was to actually be sure the sick were cared for and those that could work did (we are embarrassed now that people were seen as assets to the economy; in need of health to tend machines and such-how crass they were then). The goal was not the wealth of individuals but of the state-in all fairness to the commies, yes it soured. In the process the wealth of individuals grew (see how china has learned, what fools we are).

Another goal was to always export more than one imports, mmmmm. And since Reagan (at least-I think I wrote this before!), we have shifted our manufacturing overseas and placed more americans into lower paid service jobs (remember our heros B. Clinton and that great guy A. Gore? When they announced manufacturing was over and it was now a do nothing information society? And that broke? And even though we are an information society we still seem to import a lot of manufactured goods? Just look at our merchant fleet over time and where all the ships are made now-well at least we have a clean country now; what a choice, GWB or A. Gore, and that Gore even almost won!).

Placing a new 40 million people on the rolls of companies that do nothing but shift paper and money around, but do not manufacture anything, well pushing paper around is government work as government is a black hole of paper pushers-this does not increase wealth. That is where health insurance should be, a governmental system (managed, of course, with the health of the nation in mind, not the health of political hacks and useless companies). These companies will increase profits mandatorily in this collusion with government. Already in my state a major health provider is attempting to double rates and the state does not have laws to make this action public. Any person who thinks health care costs will drop is a nut (if it does I will pay 5 dollars to one nut at my place of choice).

A decent government, voted in by smart average joes rather than rabble joes, would strive to keep its manufacturing here, would strive to have happy, healthy, skilled people (crass-work force), morally and ethically developed..........I am getting utopist and will soon be sued by the ACLU.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:08 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,643,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
CA has declared Chapter 11. That means the Feds are now bailing them out. So they are getting bailed out, and then suing the same entity.

Bitin' the hands that feeds 'em. Sounds like a third world country....

Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Make that 27.

27 of 50 States Now Challenging Constitutionality of Obamacare in Court | CNSnews.com

Quote:
(CNSNews.com) - More than half of the states—27 out of 50—are now challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare in federal court.

Six additional states--Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Ohio, Wisconsin and Wyoming--petitioned in federal court on Tuesday to join Florida’s law suit challenging the constitutionality of the health care law President Barack Obama signed last March.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When will our Congress and President realize that this law will contribute so much to the economic breaking of the States? Medicaid is just one of the mandated costs this law is throwing at us but it will break the States just as surely as the mandated health care for individuals will do for the people.

Half of All States Now Suing to Stop Obamacare | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.
Actually it is just Florida, and the others are a part of the same suit.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:23 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
I'm waiting for the squeals of protest about "activist judges" from the usual suspects

Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I'm waiting for the squeals of protest about "activist judges" from the usual suspects
Abiding by the constitution is "activism"?

Congress does not have the authority to force you to buy a product or service.

These states fighting against this onerous law represent the people who oppose the monstrosity.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:36 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

These states fighting against this onerous law represent the people who oppose the monstrosity.
Quote:
Iowa voters oust justices who made same-sex marriage legal - CNN.com

Legislating from the bench is NOT what the people want.
//www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=16512480

Old 01-20-2011, 07:38 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
Quote:

Exactly Sanrene!! Tried to rep you, but need to spread more around first.

I am proud to say my state is one of the 27 fighting against this travesty.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually it is just Florida, and the others are a part of the same suit.
Shhhh, let them enjoy the moment. While I do not like the mandatory coverage portion, we already have such regulations and will probably be upheld. Personally I say either have insurance or do not get treated, those that say they do not need it or can pay their own way will get a rude awakening if they get a major illness, now that would be a real death panel, turned away at the door. This reminds me of the birther movement, they grasp at every straw they can while never coming the realization they have already lost.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies