Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 07:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
More "entitlement" talk from the left...

p.s. the poor have it better than I do, I dont have AC, a cell phone, or health care, or a bus pass, and the rest I'm surely not ENTITLED to..
You mean you have the internet and no phone, no health insurance, no bus pass (assuming of course no car either)? Sounds like a case of messed up priorities to me. BTW if you have the internet and a computer, you can get this for a few dollars a month for phone service!

magicJack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 07:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
You mean you have the internet and no phone, no health insurance, no bus pass (assuming of course no car either)? Sounds like a case of messed up priorities to me. BTW if you have the internet and a computer, you can get this for a few dollars a month for phone service!

magicJack
your comprehension is very poor..

One can have a phone and not have a CELL phone, one can have a car, and NO bus pass. I have 4 magicjacks, but thanks for sharing..

p.s. NONE of them are entitlements..

Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM

154 posts, read 154,296 times
Class wars are not American, but the neoconservative agenda. Neocons are pro welfare state. Neocons are not true conservatives and are fake Republicans. A true conservative is Libertarian, paleoconservative, and fiscal conservative. Neocons are BIG GOV.

Oh, I am sure of this by reading the forums: most of the poor people bashing are by baby boomers. So you must be around 45-55 years of age? Well in twenty years when you can't wipe your own behind and can't work what are you going to do? Very few people actually have savings these days. Oh, and another thing, you wouldn't have the balls to insult a poor family, a homeless person face to face would you? So you hide behind the computer monitor.

Let's see: cheap TracPhone 20.00, and prepaid cards by the minute, like .10 per minute, or lesser. These aren't iPhones, Blackberry, or that killed Google Andriod phone.

For the record, I lived in the woods around the Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA for three years before I found a landlord that would accept me with a felony. I had a laptop (cheapo of eBay for 200.00), cell phone (80.00 Verizon prepaid), and the apperance of a poor student and hung out at campuse when I wasn't selling the homeless newspaper and working. Lots of homeless people work, but 10.00 an hour doesn't buy a home, auto loan, or hyperinflated food. Does it? Well, I'm doing a lot better these days and going to college. You should be careful who you insult in public, you never know who that stranger is, okay baby boomer neocon?

Ron Paul calls out Neocons by name:

YouTube - Ron Paul Calls Out Neoconservatives By Name!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,221 times
It doesn't surprise me.
I thought food stamps didn't cover diapers and such but today I was proven wrong.
I guess it's only in certain cases...

I hope these phone are limited on minutes and not some Boost Mobile or Cricket Wireless type plan.
Hell I pay $70 a month to AT&T for 550 minutes split between my mom and I.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:49 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,859,309 times
I use to be middle class until they kept raising the bar! Now I am considered in the poverty level. I'm in no way, shape or form going to ask the government for any help! The Lord has always provided a way for us. We tithe and we are helping the poor. There will always be poor people, some by their own choice of laziness.

And no, I can't afford $10 more each week for anything.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
I use to be middle class until they kept raising the bar! Now I am considered in the poverty level. I'm in no way, shape or form going to ask the government for any help! The Lord has always provided a way for us. We tithe and we are helping the poor. There will always be poor people, some by their own choice of laziness.

And no, I can't afford $10 more each week for anything.
How does a sky daddy provide your income?

Good for you, don't ask the BIG GOV for help. Go to nonprofits, churches, and your community. People are not poor by choice, that's a neocon myth.

So you are going to cash in on SS when you get old or disabled?? You paid into it every paycheck and the GOV will pay you pennies on the dollar. Some retired doctors get 1,500.00 a month.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 PM

133 posts, read 308,436 times
when i go to the food store i might be able to afford eight or ten items,
but the person in front of me in line has a cart overflowing with food and pays with food stamps.
this happens every time i go shopping. it is very discouraging.
usually i am the only one in line not paying with food stamps.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 AM

Why is food so expensive? Why have restaurant prices tripled since the 1980's? I remember when 5.00 used to get me stuffed at a fast food place, now it takes like 12.00 - unless you buy the cheap crap off the dollar menu, cheap not affordable.

Anyways keeping in with the "luxury" items. Cell phones are common, everybody has one. If you don't, you're either paranoid or trying to play the old fashion game. There are cell phones for every budget - even for people with low income or bad credit. There are computers for every budget too. You can get a nice older computer browsing the WWW, productivity (spreadsheets, databases, word processing, etc.), Web programming, application programming, bittorrent, IM, DVD and other movie videos, games, etc. for cheap. I have an older Mac Mini 1.5GHz G4, 1 GB DDR RAM, 80GB hard drive, and Qwest DSL. The computer, 19" widescreen LCD, keyboard, and mouse cost under 400.00 on eBay.

Oh, excuse me for being a poor student. I should be using a pay phone, getting online at the library, and not trying to achive anything in life.

You neoconservatives are not American! Go take your class war and go live [anywhere but the USA].

Old 05-05-2009, 04:22 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,284 times
Default that slays me...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There are lots of conservatives that just like to bash the less fortunate. That is sort of what the Republican Party has become. Pick on the poor, pick on the workers! That is the new mantra of the GOP. No wonder Jack Kemp died!
let me bring you back to reality. jack kemp died because he lost his battle with the disease, cancer: not because of your views on conservatives and republicans. i know the current administration---and most of the liberals---want to credit everything bad to white republicans; however, i must defend them against your statement above.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:59 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama2009 View Post
Why is food so expensive? Why have restaurant prices tripled since the 1980's? I remember when 5.00 used to get me stuffed at a fast food place, now it takes like 12.00 - unless you buy the cheap crap off the dollar menu, cheap not affordable.

Anyways keeping in with the "luxury" items. Cell phones are common, everybody has one. If you don't, you're either paranoid or trying to play the old fashion game. There are cell phones for every budget - even for people with low income or bad credit. There are computers for every budget too. You can get a nice older computer browsing the WWW, productivity (spreadsheets, databases, word processing, etc.), Web programming, application programming, bittorrent, IM, DVD and other movie videos, games, etc. for cheap. I have an older Mac Mini 1.5GHz G4, 1 GB DDR RAM, 80GB hard drive, and Qwest DSL. The computer, 19" widescreen LCD, keyboard, and mouse cost under 400.00 on eBay.

Oh, excuse me for being a poor student. I should be using a pay phone, getting online at the library, and not trying to achive anything in life.

You neoconservatives are not American! Go take your class war and go live [anywhere but the USA].

no, not everyone...i don't. and, i have two reasons i don't. i'll share w/ you sometimes. contrary to your view, cell phones and computers are not day to day necessities...what's that? well, try eating one for twelve dollars. see how it fills you up, and find out how much it costs to replace that "happy meal". $400.00 is a good deal of money---particularly if i am helping pay for it through free government give aways, buying your health care through medicaid, paying for your "5 or 6 baby daddy children" so forth and so on. as i interviewed 12 individuals last week for skills centering around basic math, reading comprehension, and the descent use of grammar, i failed to assess their skills using ipods, video games, video phones, web cams, and dvd's. most, short of slobbering, needed help finding the front door; i didn't think the other skills would be a plus. probably my paranoia---or my concern that my clients would be ****ff by how most of the applicants presented themselves. i have a little hang-up known as an excellent 17-year reputation...it's just silly conservative me and the 2.8 million+ business that i have built in this country...i think i will decide on where i live right now, even if you do mind. i'm not yet ready to assign my right to think for my self and live where i choose over to liberal radicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies