Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:21 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,876,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
No...that is true,black people simply willingly and with knowledge sold other black people into slavery,for money or goods....

They knew what would happen,they didn't care,and they did it for wealth.

But just minimise black people's part in enslaving their own if it makes you feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 06:36 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,553,902 times
Why do you care? Why does race enter into the equation for you? Have you not heard that race is not a factor?

It isn't your race or your religion that defines you. It is your character.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:59 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Then you in essence calling the overwhelming majority of White Americans that lived in this country prior to the Civil Rights Movement stupid. It was a social norm for ANY bi-racial or mixed raced person with Black ancestry to be considered to be of African descent and to be treated accordingly in terms of facing racial discrimination, and exclusion.

Many White Americans to this day with disown their own sons and daughters for having a child with a Black person.
Asian people discriminate against Black people all the time. You think its just Whitey? If a daughter were to date a Black man she would be shunned upon & tainted for life. I'm White yet I understand several different Asian languages & you should hear how bad they talk about the Black people right in front of their face. For some reason they aren't that way if I White man were to marry or date their daughter.

Even most Hispanic people don't get along with Blacks. They have their own side of town & the Blacks have theirs.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
The idea that one drop of black blood makes you black...an idea put forward by Racists and yet it seems to be embraced by modern day black people.

Kind of odd to me.
And again, though you're obviously allowed to speak on this topic (it is a free country), you have no skin in this game and it's not your business. How we think of ourselves and what we call ourselves isn't your call. Your opinion doesn't count, and won't be taken under advisement. Hell, you're not even from here.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Black people sold black people into slavery,willingly and with knowledge of what it meant for that person being sold.

They didn't care.

Jew isn't a race by the way,it is a religion and has no color.Psst,there are black Jews....
All black people aren't the same. And blacks sold into slavery weren't sold into slavery by one of their own.

And i didn't say that Jewish is a race. I said that by extension, Jews shouldn't complain about their treatment at the hands of the Germans since the Holocaust was perpetrated by their fellow whites. Uh...those were WHITE JEWS who were slaughtered during the Holocaust...i'm sure you know. Those weren't Falashas.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Pretty much,it was and is a stupid rule,it doesn't even make sense.

Take not of the second word....WAS.
Why keep it going nowadays?That is stupid too.

And many don't.

But you can GUARANTEE one way to keep racial divisions in society is to keep using such stupid ways of deciding what you are....

But then,if more 'black' people here who are actually racially mixed chose to NOT put their race down as black,it could then have an effect on other things...so maybe it is more to do with having political power than the truth??
Here we go again...the "racial divisions" argument. "Why if those black people would just go along with EVERYTHING we want them to, then there would be no racial divisions."

I don't give a damn about racial divisions if it means that i'm forced to think of myself in the way that YOU want me to just because you think you're the master of what black people should be doing, saying, and thinking.

And how biracial people choose to identify themselves isn't your business. Are you biracial? Are you half black? Even if they do it for political power, why should you care?

SMH...these outsiders, i'm telling you.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I'm White yet I understand several different Asian languages & you should hear how bad they talk about the Black people right in front of their face. For some reason they aren't that way if I White man were to marry or date their daughter.

Even most Hispanic people don't get along with Blacks. They have their own side of town & the Blacks have theirs.
LOL...guess you're pretty proud of yourself that these people are so accepting of you...Mr. White Man, into their family to marry their daughter. Must be a great honor. What an accomplishment.

Yea...most Hispanics don't get along with Blacks. Right. They have their side of town and the blacks have theirs, huh?

How did so many SoCal L.A. suburbs go from being majority black to majority Hispanic over the last 30 years if the Hispanics refuse to move into black neighborhoods?

Old 04-18-2011, 12:07 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Race; census; Obama: Black and more so - latimes.com

The article quoted a political science professor who said that Obama identifies as black for political reasons. If he had called himself multiracial in Chicago, he never would have had a political career.

Because being multiracial would make him a typical half-white person?

Old 04-18-2011, 12:19 AM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...guess you're pretty proud of yourself that these people are so accepting of you...Mr. White Man, into their family to marry their daughter. Must be a great honor. What an accomplishment.

Yea...most Hispanics don't get along with Blacks. Right. They have their side of town and the blacks have theirs, huh?

How did so many SoCal L.A. suburbs go from being majority black to majority Hispanic over the last 30 years if the Hispanics refuse to move into black neighborhoods?
You obviously wouldn't know anything about it living in Detroit where Hispanics do not live. Detroit has a Black inner city with White suburbs...not much else in between.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:34 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And again, though you're obviously allowed to speak on this topic (it is a free country), you have no skin in this game and it's not your business.
Actually I do,I live here....or is this one of those 'it's a black thing,you wouldn't understand' topics..
Quote:
How we think of ourselves and what we call ourselves isn't your call.
You can think whatever you want about yourself,it doesn't make it true.
Facts are facts.A person with an Asian mother and a Black father is not Black,he is of mixed race.
Quote:
Your opinion doesn't count, and won't be taken under advisement. Hell, you're not even from here.
Ahhh,your good old bigotry,good thing I am not black,you might have told me to go back to Africa....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies