Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Reputation: 2519

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Logically, it is the same, as Africans started and were partners in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.

Again where does this lunacy stem from???..Africans started the Trans Atlantic slave trade??!!

Holy mother in heaven.
Quote:
How did slaves make it to these coastal forts? The historians John Thornton and Linda Heywood of Boston University estimate that 90 percent of those shipped to the New World were enslaved by Africans and then sold to European traders. The sad truth is that without complex business partnerships between African elites and European traders and commercial agents, the slave trade to the New World would have been impossible, at least on the scale it occurred.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/op...20blame&st=cse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Great job, great post! You destroyed him! However, isn't it funny? Halle Barry and so many other blacks USE THE KKK'S DEFINITION OF BLACK TO DEFINE THEMSELVES!

To recon....
Silly boys and girls, just because racist whites used the one drop rule, doesn't mean you have to also? You're so caught in your own anger and hatred to see that they're still defining you, and you're letting them!

Personally, I deal in science. One black parent...one white parent...one mixed race child. Both black and white.
To speakingbullsh!
Stupid boys and girls who have no idea of history or the reality lived by black people.
Just because blacks rebelled against the KKK and racist whites often meant they, their families, and sometimes an entire town was going to be lynched, burned, molested, and killed.
Those racist whites decided who you would marry, where you would live, if you could work and what job that would be. What schools you would not attend and where you sat on the bus. This took place well into the 1970's in some areas of this country.

So we Black people are smart enough to know that just because a black person had some white blood in them gave them no leg up what so ever, and thet still were identified as "BLACK"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:58 PM
 
4,081 posts, read 5,610,724 times
Reputation: 2053
"Race" the way the US govt defines it does not exist. The sooner we realize it, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Yet again you attempt to deny reality!!!

Who is demanding that Obama identify himself as multi-racial..Black or White People??

Who determined one drop of black blood makes anyone else a black person.. Black or White people?

Which group of people have and continue to deny the black DNA in their blood.. Black or White people?

Which group of people to this very day, attempt to portray black people as less intelligent, less moral, less law abiding, etc..Black or White people?

The bottom line is that multi-racial blacks have been labled black in this country since slavery and up untill today, this is not a black line of thought; it is solely white.

Whites with black DNA are not about to change their status from white to multi-racial and we both know that, they will lose too much social standing.

So again why are sooo many white people adamant about only Barrack Obama being multi-racial and no other black people??!!...or other white people
Actually, I've made up my mind. You are both stupid AND racist. Don't you realize, that it was a percentage less than the whole, i.e., SOME whites, that did the things you refer to. not all. Your use of all-encompassing words are a blanket, stereotypical line of thinking.

Whats so shocking about your brainwashed anger and hatred, is that you are willing letting racist whites control you. Still.

You are so wrong on the facts, you don't see that two (seemingly, I know I am) white posters have said point blank that the one drop rule is scientifically wrong. Yet, you still hold on to your racist victimhood, and lump all of one race together, not admitting something called indiviudality.

However, I really want you to keep posting here. Your posts are so pure in their stupid, racist, outdated, outmoded, victimhood, that you further cement what many have been saying about the racist elements of the black community.

In short, you make you and much of the black community look bad. And you're too stupid, blinded by racism and your own ignorance to even realize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The basic question you keep trying to skirt is this, and it's a simple correct or incorrect statement!!

It was stated that Africans STARTED the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Did they or did thet not START the TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE???

Of course they did not!!!..I nowhere stated that they did not take part once Europeans made contact with them but no single African sailed a ship to America or Europe and offered to sell people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:04 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
To speakingbullsh!
Stupid boys and girls who have no idea of history or the reality lived by black people.
Just because blacks rebelled against the KKK and racist whites often meant they, their families, and sometimes an entire town was going to be lynched, burned, molested, and killed.
Those racist whites decided who you would marry, where you would live, if you could work and what job that would be. What schools you would not attend and where you sat on the bus. This took place well into the 1970's in some areas of this country.

So we Black people are smart enough to know that just because a black person had some white blood in them gave them no leg up what so ever, and thet still were identified as "BLACK"!!
wow, you managed to get through another post AND DIDN'T WHATSOEVER ADDRESS MY COMMENTS TO YOU. You really are out of your league. You're still not smart enough to realize you're still using a racist, scientifically incorrect manner of racial classifiaction (the one drop rule).

Please please please, keep posting! you are doing your side more harm than good and you don't even know it! HAHA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
The basic question you keep trying to skirt is this, and it's a simple correct or incorrect statement!!

It was stated that Africans STARTED the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Did they or did thet not START the TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE???

Of course they did not!!!..I nowhere stated that they did not take part once Europeans made contact with them but no single African sailed a ship to America or Europe and offered to sell people.
you do realize, don't you, that being a partner makes you equally liable. The trade you referred to had it origin in the THRIVING slave trade that existed, and still exists (funny, you don't address that) in Africa today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Actually, I've made up my mind. You are both stupid AND racist. Don't you realize, that it was a percentage less than the whole, i.e., SOME whites, that did the things you refer to. not all. Your use of all-encompassing words are a blanket, stereotypical line of thinking.

Whats so shocking about your brainwashed anger and hatred, is that you are willing letting racist whites control you. Still.

You are so wrong on the facts, you don't see that two (seemingly, I know I am) white posters have said point blank that the one drop rule is scientifically wrong. Yet, you still hold on to your racist victimhood, and lump all of one race together, not admitting something called indiviudality.

However, I really want you to keep posting here. Your posts are so pure in their stupid, racist, outdated, outmoded, victimhood, that you further cement what many have been saying about the racist elements of the black community.

In short, you make you and much of the black community look bad. And you're too stupid, blinded by racism and your own ignorance to even realize it.

Please cut the silliness, this whole convoluted argument of multi-race identity is a context initiated by a group of people who call 99% of black people, black; and now all of a sudden want the President to be identified as something else!!
In short you are nothing but another white person who feels they have the "Moral" standing as to what black people will call themselves.

Why should anyone be surprised, new century and the same ideas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
The basic question you keep trying to skirt is this, and it's a simple correct or incorrect statement!!

It was stated that Africans STARTED the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Did they or did thet not START the TRANS-ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE???

Of course they did not!!!..I nowhere stated that they did not take part once Europeans made contact with them but no single African sailed a ship to America or Europe and offered to sell people.
Did you read the link?
It was quite interesting.


Without Africans,there would have been no slave trade really....

Just think,90% of the slaves were enslaved by other black Africans,terrible isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
you do realize, don't you, that being a partner makes you equally liable. The trade you referred to had it origin in the THRIVING slave trade that existed, and still exists (funny, you don't address that) in Africa today.
Please cut the Perry Mason antics, you're a failure!!

The question was simple enough for even you to answer..Did Africans START the Trans-Atlantic slave trade as you stated??!!

Of course they did not, cut the partner b.s. that wasn't the question!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top