Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Reputation: 2107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaking truth View Post
AAAHH AHAHAHA!

Whites kidnapped Africans for profit, just like Africans kidnapped Africans for profit Follow along now, ok? Also, I mirrored a comment about ALL white ancestors being responsible for Barack's mixed heritage, so i responded in kind. Logically, it is the same, as Africans started and were partners in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. For those more intelligent, they would have understood that.

More and more Americans are becoming aware of the true history of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade (I differentiate it from the numerous other slave trades that happened and are still happening in history, ahem, Darfur). More Americans are also more willing to speak out on it.

Deal With It!
Do you honestly believe this bullcrap you just wrote...you are really a dim wit!!!...Africans STARTED the Trans Atlantic slave trade.

Wow, those ships they built sure look like European ships to me and most intelligent folk!!

Please just stop, no more. Go do your homework for school tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
Well let me ask you a question, does Obama look white to you? Well he doesn't look white to anyone else either, so if the shoe fits.........
Ummmmmmmm....his mother was what race? What is one half of a whole? You would benefit by reading my post above yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Do you honestly believe this bullcrap you just wrote...you are really a dim wit!!!...Africans STARTED the Trans Atlantic slave trade.

Wow, those ships they built sure look like European ships to me and most intelligent folk!!

Please just stop, no more. Go do your homework for school tomorrow.
No, sir or madam, it is you that needs to educate yourself. The slave trade existed in Africa long before the white man stepped onto the continent. Whites largely bought what Africans were selling. I know that's hard for you to deal with, but deal with it you must. The European ships were built by...Europeans. To buy what was captured largely by...Africans. A trade that existed LOOOOOOOOOOONG before Whites entered. Oddly, it still does. Strange, that. Terrible that facts kill your fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I didn't vote for Obama however I think he has made it very clear that his white mother was a bigger influence in his life rather than his black father! As for calling himself black that seems to be what most bi-racial people do, it's not like he is the only one doing it!
He is black. He's white too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Texas
9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Reputation: 7801
"In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?"

I didn't vote. Imo, President Obama's race is human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:46 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Nooo....he is half white.

A Labrador and a Poodle doesn't mean you have a Poodle just because you want it to be so....


I don't know why you do,it should be pretty simple to grasp,a person with one Mongoloid and one Caucasian isn't either....



OHHHHH,I see,you are trapped in the past by the way white people used to judge blacks,I am sorry to read you cannot progress beyond that way of thinking.

And what would be the harm in that?
To me,it would seem to be a great thing,don't you think so???

Doesn't really matter much to me either way.
Yet again you attempt to deny reality!!!

Who is demanding that Obama identify himself as multi-racial..Black or White People??

Who determined one drop of black blood makes anyone else a black person.. Black or White people?

Which group of people have and continue to deny the black DNA in their blood.. Black or White people?

Which group of people to this very day, attempt to portray black people as less intelligent, less moral, less law abiding, etc..Black or White people?

The bottom line is that multi-racial blacks have been labled black in this country since slavery and up untill today, this is not a black line of thought; it is solely white.

Whites with black DNA are not about to change their status from white to multi-racial and we both know that, they will lose too much social standing.

So again why are sooo many white people adamant about only Barrack Obama being multi-racial and no other black people??!!...or other white people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:49 PM
 
Location: Metro-Detroit area
4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Reputation: 2107
Logically, it is the same, as Africans started and were partners in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.

Again where does this lunacy stem from???..Africans started the Trans Atlantic slave trade??!!

Holy mother in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
You really are a funny guy, in that dim witted way of yours along with , ill informed, and really feminine in your faux outrage. Actually your post embarrasses no one except yourself.

First,

Well logically speaking he IS black....that must be hard for some people to deal with when you base your entire way of life on white skin and the societal
privileges that go with it.

posted in response to Oz in SC. not directed at you in any manner. Again opening your mouth before you know what's going on, I'm positive Oz can reply for himself, no need for a cyber-superman.

Then like a nosey sissy, you butt into the conversation with this usually ill informed crap that the dullards use when the other b.s. doesn't.



Let me restate this in a way for the dumb azzes that haven't the intellect (including you) in how the notion of white privilege is very much applicable to this topic.

White people and white people alone have made the determination that one drop of black blood ruins a white blood line; how arrogant of whites to make a determination of the human worth of another human being!!..but because of your whiteness or your Aryanism or your caucasianess, and your belief in the superiority of whiteness and the institutions that enforce that ideology until this day guarantee one thing and one thing alone; in any predominately white country, whites will maintain a position of privilege over every other race of people.

Again you jumped into an argument/topic that was over your head, and yes you do deserve and will receive this cyber back hand b!tck slap for being so stupid!!

To "parrot" a line means that the person stating such, has no clear meaning or understanding of the subject they are speaking of. How very arrogant of you to make such an assumption that I didn't know what I was speaking of, but again people like you usually talk out their rectum. I don't need to parrot anything, just stay in your square as a spectator until you are ready for the challenge of contributing a worthwhile response.
It also infers a dis-belief in the subject being discussed.
So for your childish challenge here is your answer: When disputing someone's view, opinion, etc and then stating that they are "parroting" strongly suggests a dis-belief in the statement made with the person you are verbally engaging. Cut out the Perry Mason bit, it doesn't work.

In response to your little feminine snark about stereotyping, take your own advice and don't stereotype me as a leftist. Live what you try to preach!!

For future reference no one "tries to assume", you either assume or you don't!!

So to sum it up...you responded to my post which was not directed at you. Failed to address any of it logically, assumed that I was parroting a line I couldn't comprehend, assumed I was a leftist, and then went off on a silly cyber challenge.

I have given you more time than you deserve, your "challenge" has been answered and I don't give a crap if you can't comprehend the nature of "white privilege", further more my point still stands.

If white people feel they have the standing to demand that this black man be labeled "multi-racial" then most blacks and whites would also have to adopt that racial class. I still don't see many white people rushing to do so...but then again I wouldn't give up that "privilege" either.

I'm done with you, you aren't worth anymore of my c/d time. Go argue with the other people you made silly rebuttals to.
WOWOWOWOW! I touched a nerve! Your name calling reveals you! I've noticed that those that call names do so because they have no argument. You are insecure. Oh, where does feminine come into play here? Oh, you're misogynistic also. You're a bigot, through and through, and I enjoy revealing that about you. Also, this is a public forum. I will comment on what I feel like. If you can't handle that, stop posting. You've embarrassed yourself by refusing to answer direct questions. Your words reveal an undeserved sense of self importance. "Cyber back slap"? Son, why don't you answer the questions and try win a debate first, then try the bragging later, by actually earning it. So far, you've just lost. In front of a wholllle bunch of people. Onward!

First, what part of this:

he truth is, is that if you are of mixed race, you are ...wait for it...mixed race. And yes, that includes many whites. I can't speak for all of them, because I am an individual white man"

do you not understand? Take your time with it, some are slower than others. You define that. Also, your pride is stinging right now, so deal with that. Then deal with the post. As you can see from my post, one can decipher that Barack is both black AND white. That is a scientific fact. It has nothing to do with your blanket racial assumptions about what ALL whites must be like. Your argument fails on fact and logic. Furthermore, if you understood my argument, you would see that I mentioned that racist whites from the past that used the one drop rule were wrong. What part of this:

"
First, all of those whites that believed in the 1 drop rule were wrong".

...did you not get the first? Don't worry, I'll repeat it. Once again, about the white privilege argument, I could write a dissertation on it, however, it's outside the scope of my post. Again, try not distracting the topic and actually answer the direct comments that contradict your arguments. You revealed yourself to be a woman hating, racist bigot. Congrats! You now have zero cred on this thread. Losing your temper like that...wow, that has to hurt. Small minds let that happen to them. You've basically been handled every which way in this debate, and I styled all over you doing it, too.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:54 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Yet again you attempt to deny reality!!!
No....facts are a person with a white parent is part white...If Obama's parents had been a Labrador and a Poodle,he would be a Labradoodle.

Quote:
Who is demanding that Obama identify himself as multi-racial..Black or White People??
No-one.

Quote:
Who determined one drop of black blood makes anyone else a black person.. Black or White people?
Who is keeping the use of this outdated(and wrong) method of judging in play?

Quote:
Which group of people have and continue to deny the black DNA in their blood.. Black or White people?
No idea....
Quote:
Which group of people to this very day, attempt to portray black people as less intelligent, less moral, less law abiding, etc..Black or White people?
Well,I do believe IQ tests do show that some races are better than others....Asians are top. As to the rest,facts are facts,if more people of a certain group are in prison,then that group would seem to be less law abiding.

Quote:
The bottom line is that multi-racial blacks have been labled black in this country since slavery and up untill today, this is not a black line of thought; it is solely white.
Well...no actually it is you and other black posters who keep using this antiquated and wrong way of judging...not sure why...

Quote:
Whites with black DNA are not about to change their status from white to multi-racial and we both know that, they will lose too much social standing.
I wanted my wife to claim her Cherokee heritage,we could get all sorts of benefits...
But seriously,you and some others seem to be your own worst enemies when it comes to race.
If you want a colorblind society(you do right???) then stop making your race such an issue.

Quote:
So again why are sooo many white people adamant about only Barrack Obama being multi-racial and no other black people??!!...or other white people
In my case,because it is the facts that he IS mixed race,just like a lot of others who for some reason decide they are something else.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
 
785 posts, read 619,683 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Logically, it is the same, as Africans started and were partners in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade.

Again where does this lunacy stem from???..Africans started the Trans Atlantic slave trade??!!

Holy mother in heaven.
Um, did you not see my previous post to you? They had a bustling slave trade that whites expanded on. Repeat yourself one more time and I will officially think you are retarded. I know you're strung up with angah! But, you can find the keys on your keyboard. Please make me think you're not as stupid as you come across as.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top