Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:02 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,876,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Yes, he is black. And white. Your (black) ancestors helped make it so, by selling black Africans to whites along the coast. Deal with it.
Suffice to say that if he/she now lives in America, his/her ancestors weren't the ones doing the selling. You do know that all Black people aren't related, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Almost 63% out of 127 voters on here believe Obama should be considered bi-racial. I'm sure the real world results would be quite similar if there were ever such a poll to be taken. Majority rule.
LOL @ "majority rule" on a question of cultural self-identification with no hard boundaries via a C-D poll. Classic.

Had a poll been taken one hundred years ago, most people would have probably said that Blacks were a separate species or a subspecies or something to that effect. I suppose that would have been "official" as well.

Last edited by Akhenaton06; 04-13-2011 at 03:14 AM..

Old 04-13-2011, 05:07 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Well logically speaking he IS bi-racial....that must be hard for some people to deal with when you base almost your entire way of life on skin color.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well logically speaking he IS bi-racial....that must be hard for some people to deal with when you base almost your entire way of life on skin color.
Well logically speaking he IS black....that must be hard for some people to deal with when you base your entire way of life on white skin and the societal
privileges that go with it.

Why must some attempt to deny reality..

If this man were profiled in any manner,{traffic stop, background check, airport screening, job application} what white person would look at him and say "oh your'e not black, you look bi-racial"..

Society itself has spoken for hundreds of years on the matter, white folk not black folk have decided that one drop of black blood is all you need to seal the deal, your'e black!!!

For those who want to be technical about the matter, as I stated in a previous post. The standards that determine Obama to be bi-racial would determine that an overwhelming majority of black folk in this country are bi-racial. At the same time those standards would determine many white people to also be bi-racial or black with the level of black dna in their bodies.

Why aren't more white folk being truthful and calling themselves black or bi-racial???...I don't blame you, I'd be hesitant to give up that privilege too!!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 AM

785 posts, read 619,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Suffice to say that if he/she now lives in America, his/her ancestors weren't the ones doing the selling. You do know that all Black people aren't related, right?
AAAAAAAAAAAH HAHAHAHA!

Your post contradicts your position. YOU do know that not all WHITE people are related, don't you? You want the benefit of variability and non-involvement for black people, but you don't logically and morally give it for whites, for the exact same thing (and it is the same thing). You see, the overwhelming majority of whites didn't buy or sell slaves. Therefore, you are wrong on the facts. You do also know, don't you, that a major percentage of American whites and their lineage happened AFTER the HUGE population explosion that was the great European migration after the slave trade ended.

Also, you've made assumptions that african blacks haven't voluntarily migrated to America, so you are wrong there too.

Want to try again? We'll give you another shot at it. ok?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Well logically speaking he IS black....that must be hard for some people to deal with when you base your entire way of life on white skin and the societal
privileges that go with it.

Why must some attempt to deny reality..

If this man were profiled in any manner,{traffic stop, background check, airport screening, job application} what white person would look at him and say "oh your'e not black, you look bi-racial"..

Society itself has spoken for hundreds of years on the matter, white folk not black folk have decided that one drop of black blood is all you need to seal the deal, your'e black!!!

For those who want to be technical about the matter, as I stated in a previous post. The standards that determine Obama to be bi-racial would determine that an overwhelming majority of black folk in this country are bi-racial. At the same time those standards would determine many white people to also be bi-racial or black with the level of black dna in their bodies.

Why aren't more white folk being truthful and calling themselves black or bi-racial???...I don't blame you, I'd be hesitant to give up that privilege too!!
Wow, just another leftist wants to parrot the white privilege line. That's a whole different topic. First, all of those whites that believed in the 1 drop rule were wrong. Why science is so hard for you to comprehend speaks to your lack of intelligence, or rather, your brainwashing in leftist politics. The truth is, is that if you are of mixed race, you are ...wait for it...mixed race. And yes, that includes many whites. I can't speak for all of them, because I am an individual white man.

You do know, don't you, that not all whites are the same person, don't you?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
LOL @ "majority rule" on a question of cultural self-identification with no hard boundaries via a C-D poll. Classic.

Had a poll been taken one hundred years ago, most people would have probably said that Blacks were a separate species or a subspecies or something to that effect. I suppose that would have been "official" as well.

ah yes, you avoided the facts. Here though, the majority was correct. It's a matter of fact, that Barrack Obama IS of mixed race. I know you can't deal with that well, I mean, you are a racist. If it bothers you that he's half white, you are a racist.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
AAAAAAAAAAAH HAHAHAHA!

Your post contradicts your position. YOU do know that not all WHITE people are related, don't you? You want the benefit of variability and non-involvement for black people, but you don't logically and morally give it for whites, for the exact same thing (and it is the same thing). You see, the overwhelming majority of whites didn't buy or sell slaves. Therefore, you are wrong on the facts. You do also know, don't you, that a major percentage of American whites and their lineage happened AFTER the HUGE population explosion that was the great European migration after the slave trade ended.

Also, you've made assumptions that african blacks haven't voluntarily migrated to America, so you are wrong there too.

Want to try again? We'll give you another shot at it. ok?
What are you talking about? I'm very well aware of all of those facts (after all, I'm a native Southerner and down here, we all know, both Black and White, that most Whites didn't own slaves) and I wasn't the one who even brought up slavery to begin with, nor did I even remotely imply anything you are saying. So how exactly am I "wrong on the facts" or how did I make "incorrect assumptions"? You've jumped the gun BIG time here as all I've done is responded to individual statements, not made some overarching argument about slavery. Get it right before you start flapping your gums, ok?

Old 04-13-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
ah yes, you avoided the facts. Here though, the majority was correct. It's a matter of fact, that Barrack Obama IS of mixed race. I know you can't deal with that well, I mean, you are a racist. If it bothers you that he's half white, you are a racist.
ROFL! My argument is that Obama self-identifies as Black because race, in this country, is largely a social, as opposed to biological, construct. I know other biracial people who self-identify as biracial and I have no problem with that at all.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
No

I've see more & more Black women dating White men lately than I have ever seen in the past 30+ years! Diversity is a good thing & I'm glad more people are finally embracing it, not hiding from it. I hear it really pisses the Black man off though is that true? In fact, my sisters step parents consist of a Black woman & a White man.

Face it, Black women are getting fed up with the way the Black man treats them & behaves. Not all are thugged out, drug dealing criminals, but you need not look any further than the demographics of this nations over crowded prison population to see who the majority of these crooks & repeat offenders are.
What does any of this have to do with the "white trash" comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies