Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: In your opinion, what is President Obama's race?
White 4 1.73%
Black 59 25.54%
Multiracial 142 61.47%
I don't believe in "race" 26 11.26%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-12-2011, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Metro DC area
4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Reputation: 1289

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Wouldn't bother me in the least...it would at least be factual.
LOL...I doubt this *very* seriously, but ok...whatever you say!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2011, 02:17 PM
 
31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Reputation: 15038
You know I just had a thought, while staring at the OP, question.

How else would we have known that Obama mama was white had he not acknowledged that fact previously. I would think that someone who has freely spoken of the white mother, their white grand mother need not, could not, do more to acknowledge their multi-racial heritage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Reputation: 2519
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
LOL...I doubt this *very* seriously, but ok...whatever you say!!
Why should I care?
It doesn't make the person any more or less special...

I am sure black race baiters would absolutely HATE it however,just the idea of losing some of their number....

Imagine if people stopped caring about the color of their skin,how would you have special interest groups for the various party's to pander to????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 07:15 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,180 posts, read 14,877,930 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Obama is just as much White as he is Black there by making him our first bi-racial president.
That doesn't contradict the fact that he's Black. Plus, as I said earlier, race is more of a sociocultural construct than a biological one.

At the least, no one should disagree that he's our first African American president in the most literal sense. His dad was African and his mom was Amercan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,180 posts, read 14,877,930 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
How else would we have known that Obama mama was white had he not acknowledged that fact previously.
We surely could not have known just by looking at him. No blond hair, blue/green eyes, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Why is she white trash? Because she dared have a "Black" baby?

BTW, the little biracial slavery children of white mothers could have REALLY used this sudden inclusion about 300 years ago...instead they were killed.
No

I've see more & more Black women dating White men lately than I have ever seen in the past 30+ years! Diversity is a good thing & I'm glad more people are finally embracing it, not hiding from it. I hear it really pisses the Black man off though is that true? In fact, my sisters step parents consist of a Black woman & a White man.

Face it, Black women are getting fed up with the way the Black man treats them & behaves. Not all are thugged out, drug dealing criminals, but you need not look any further than the demographics of this nations over crowded prison population to see who the majority of these crooks & repeat offenders are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 08:48 PM
 
10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
No

I've see more & more Black women dating White men lately than I have ever seen in the past 30+ years! Diversity is a good thing & I'm glad more people are finally embracing it, not hiding from it. I hear it really pisses the Black man off though is that true? In fact, my sisters step parents consist of a Black woman & a White man.

Face it, Black women are getting fed up with the way the Black man treats them & behaves. Not all are thugged out, drug dealing criminals, but you need not look any further than the demographics of this nations over crowded prison population to see who the majority of these crooks & repeat offenders are.
Frankly I don't know a lot of Black American men that are losing a lot of sleep over the fact some Black American women are choosing to date non-Black American men. Sure that might be a few out there but most of the Black American men I know aren't sweating it. Also quite as iits kept Black American men actually marry at higher rates than Black American women.

Also while Black Americans are incarcerated in higher proportions than White Americans. But majority of people incarcerated are still non-Hispanic White Americans.

Also from 1990 to 2008 the number of non-Hispanic White American jail inmates increased by 97%. The number of Hispanice jail inmates increased by 121%. During the same time the number of Black American jail inmates increased by 79%.

Jail Inmates By Race, Sex Hispanic Orgin 1990 to 2008

Your opinions about Black American men seem to formed by your own perceptions and biases than on any credible information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,180 posts, read 14,877,930 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Face it, Black women are getting fed up with the way the Black man treats them & behaves. Not all are thugged out, drug dealing criminals, but you need not look any further than the demographics of this nations over crowded prison population to see who the majority of these crooks & repeat offenders are.
With the way *the* Black man treats them, oh but not all of them are criminals. And while I don't doubt that Black men are overrepresented in the prison population (and you would be mistaken if you think it's because all of them are actually guilty of a crime), White men still constitute the majority.

The fact of the matter is that many Black women today are consciously choosing to remain single. For the ones that choose to date men of other races and ethnicities, more power to them. Black men have already been doing that for some time now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 08:54 PM
 
Location: Upper East Side of Texas
12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Reputation: 4890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
With the way *the* Black man treats them, oh but not all of them are criminals. And while I don't doubt that Black men are overrepresented in the prison population (and you would be mistaken if you think it's because all of them are actually guilty of a crime), White men still constitute the majority.

The fact of the matter is that many Black women today are consciously choosing to remain single. For the ones that choose to date men of other races and ethnicities, more power to them. Black men have already been doing that for some time now.
What are the other options when your "baby's daddy" is locked up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2011, 08:55 PM
 
3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Reputation: 2028
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
So what do you suggest? Should he start every campaign speech with a "Hello America, just in-case you didn't know, my mom is white"....?
Remember when Reverend Wright was giving one of his speeches on Obama, during the campaign, and he kept bellowing "This son of a white woman bla bla bla, this son of a white woman, bla bla bla . . ." He must have said it 10 times in rapid succession. I always wondered what that was about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top