Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:19 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,191,100 times

Advertisements

So, everyone thinks Medicare is going to be in trouble.....I don't doubt it.....BUT, I got a letter from them today and if we make less than a certain amount, and have less than a certain amount in the bank, they will give us extra help to pay for our part of the medical bills.

It states, "when you file an application for Extra Help, you can start the application process to get help under the Medicare Savings Programs." That doesn't really say how it will work, does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 07:36 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
MTAtech has a brilliant fact oriented post. I find it telling the righties have disappeared. Maybe they are watching pawn stars or whatever on reality tv, lol.

They toss out opinions, but have no facts. No wonder they like palin. stupidity incarnate.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:06 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
MTAtech has a brilliant fact oriented post. I find it telling the righties have disappeared. Maybe they are watching pawn stars or whatever on reality tv, lol.

They toss out opinions, but have no facts. No wonder they like palin. stupidity incarnate.
Why thank you for your kind words. I've even prepared a response for the anticipated response about Canada:

Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
You're welcome. Yes, I used to see them in So. Florida., they own condos on the ocean bcs their houses arent being encumbered with liens and medical bills.- they have a high quality of life there, one that has been systematically destroyed in the U.S.

I had recently looked up hip replacement surgery for a friend...The cost in India is 1/4 th of what it costs in the U.S....they have our jobs, and affordable healthcare.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I almost feel sorry for some folks. I mean, I understand why the very wealthy (or at least many of them) fight against the things that would help the typical American. After all, they live in a charmed world and control it all with the flick of a pen. And I can understand why the insurance companies fight against health care reform. After all, every year they get more and more wealthy as the manipulate the lives of the typical Americans.

But how pathetic is it that they have so brainwashed some folks that those people are actually willing to fight against their own...and their country's.....best interest just to enrich those who wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. Do they really not understand....do they really not get it....that the people for whom they are giving up their family's and their own future are sitting in the country club or on their yacht laughing at them?
I wholeheartedly agree. Sad indeed.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
You're welcome. Yes, I used to see them in So. Florida., they own condos on the ocean bcs their houses arent being encumbered with liens and medical bills.- they have a high quality of life there, one that has been systematically destroyed in the U.S.

I had recently looked up hip replacement surgery for a friend...The cost in India is 1/4 th of what it costs in the U.S....they have our jobs, and affordable healthcare.
Regarding hip replacements, Do you know who gets most of the hip replacements in the United States? The elderly.

Do you know who pays for care for the elderly in the United States? Medicare, and Medicare is single-payer system -- like Canada.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,145,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Begging for medical care | CJOnline.com

If you were among those without insurance, you either forwent care as long as you could, at a substantial risk to your life, or you asked for charity, never a pleasant task for an elderly person who has always taken pride in paying their bills. So many died from delaying care.
Who is this guy? I don't need him to tell me what it was like. I can ask my parents. The ones who would rather starve then be on "relief".

Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,191,100 times
India: 1/4 of what it cost here. OK, what do they pay as minumum wage in India?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Who is this guy? I don't need him to tell me what it was like. I can ask my parents. The ones who would rather starve then be on "relief".
If so, that's their choice, they can choose to pay out of pocket and not take advantage of Medicare. But don't impose their choice as the choice for the rest of us. Medicare isn't a hand-out. I paid my entire working life for it. That's why I'm entitled to that entitlement.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:57 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
what was wrong with the USA before 1965..what was so bad before medicare/caid

those two programs are so poorly run, there is no reason to keep them

get rid of them ,get government out of the medical field, abolish insurance companies and you will see PRICES GO DOWN

end insurance, both private and government
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies