Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
OKay, and if their victims had nothing to cope with?
What if they were not hurt at all?

So the teenager that was pulled over for driving on a suspended license, but got scared and fled, should starve to death and the world would be better for it?
darwinism at its best.
A teenager pulled over on a suspended license? Well speaking volumes about his character. Suspended for what?
He fled leading to a police chase that could result in injuries and death. The fact it didnt is luck.
No he deserves his fate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 10:57 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No because that is not a problem. The company does back ground checks.
If they did hire one and put him on my team I would not protect him, defend him, or stand up for him as I would anyone else. If he did his job I would not hammer him. If he didnt then the hammer would drop. I would do everything withing guidelines to make his life suck or atleast feel less than welcome.
If they decided to hire one, you wouldnt even know they were one, that is the point.

Plus, you do know that 100's of convicted felons are granted pardons every where and then have their records sealed, so even your company wouldnt know they were ever a felon.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
darwinism at its best.
A teenager pulled over on a suspended license? Well speaking volumes about his character. Suspended for what?
He fled leading to a police chase that could result in injuries and death. The fact it didnt is luck.
No he deserves his fate.
so he deserves to lose his life?

Also you do know there are many police chases that never result in high speeds or wreckless driving. and his suspension can be for as simple as a couple of speeding tickets.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
unbelievable !
No whats unbelievable is that some feel the convict deserves to be treated like those who dont commit crimes.
Compassion for a rabid animal? Thats a bullet to put it down. I have compassion for animals gone rabid or that attack humans. They are simple animals no ability to reason beyond instinct.
Humans have the ability and some elect to prey upon the weak. They deserve no compassion. Let the families who raised them care for them.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
I have no problem penalizing "Criminals", people who choose a criminal lifestyle, but offer them a clear-cut way out so they see an incentive to improve.
Well, it seems society has offered them a way out - it is called - attend school and learn a skill so they can support themselves in a legal manner.

What do you think incentivizes people and doesn't put others at risk while waiting to find out if the newly released felon is gonna stay on track or re-offend?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Also you do know there are many police chases that never result in high speeds or wreckless driving. and his suspension can be for as simple as a couple of speeding tickets.
I say he deserves his fate. If he starves thats his own fault.There are plenty of lowend jobs for such as him. Let the family that spawned him assume ownership.
How many tickets? In Pa quite a few depending how severe.
Once again he chose his fate. Its not like he had no choice.
I do know there are many that dont involve high speed chase. I also know that many do.
It should be an employers choice to hire a con or not. I know That I wouldn't not even to sweep the floors.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:06 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:

He did not lose anything. He recklessly threw it away.

I have a real hard time imagining that most jobs won't have 10 other candidates that will be much more attractive.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

I have a real hard time imagining that most jobs won't have 10 other candidates that will be much more attractive.
well said.
It speaks to an applicants character. He chose crime as a way of life. Do I want someone who would chose that path working for me?
He was a rapist. My business is landscaping. Many homes have wives and daughters. DO I need that problem in my life if he reverts to old habits?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

Seriously, you believe he threw away his actual life?.. No he didnt, if he did, he would already be dead, and so there would be no choice for employment.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
well said.
It speaks to an applicants character. He chose crime as a way of life. Do I want someone who would chose that path working for me?
He was a rapist. My business is landscaping. Many homes have wives and daughters. DO I need that problem in my life if he reverts to old habits?
How is a one time decision choosing crime as a way of life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies