Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where does this board lean politically
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the left 9 3.98%
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the right 112 49.56%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the right 25 11.06%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the left 80 35.40%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I would vote a 5th option : "Although I may lean left or right, I can always count on coming here for an honest unbiased discussion, which has changed my mind and expanded my horizon so many times".
Wait, What? Can you please point me to one thread on this forum that is unbiased? Please, I just want to see if one exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 09:41 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,688,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Wait, What? Can you please point me to one thread on this forum that is unbiased? Please, I just want to see if one exists.
I was being sarcastic.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The difference in interpretation between a European's definitions of "liberal" and "conservative" has been discussed before on other threads. From what I remember, the Europeans posted that what Americans think of as "liberal" is actually considered "conservative" in Europe. So, using that reference point, what you are saying then is that "90% of the posters on this board are [liberal]".
You lost me there...

Old 08-15-2011, 02:50 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Interesting poll. There are 54 posters who lean right vs. 70 posters who lean left. Yet, the lefties overwhelmingly (by 67 to 3 margin) feel that the forum leans right. It would appear to me that the lefties are even more delusional than previously thought.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM

910 posts, read 1,677,207 times
It depends on the issue being discussed, for the most part things can go either way.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Interesting poll. There are 54 posters who lean right vs. 70 posters who lean left. Yet, the lefties overwhelmingly (by 67 to 3 margin) feel that the forum leans right. It would appear to me that the lefties are even more delusional than previously thought.
Amazing, isn't it? It appears cluelessness transcends all possible bounds for our friends on the left.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The difference in interpretation between a European's definitions of "liberal" and "conservative" has been discussed before on other threads. From what I remember, the Europeans posted that what Americans think of as "liberal" is actually considered "conservative" in Europe. So, using that reference point, what you are saying then is that "90% of the posters on this board are [liberal]".
No, he's saying everything in American is shifted far right of European standards. Liberal by European standards is several orders of magnitude left of Obama for example. So most people who claim to be liberal in America, are actually quite conservative compared to our European counterparts. American Conservatives are practically off the charts to the right by Euro standards, since Europeans don't have anything as far right as our Republican party has shifted.

I have feeling that's largely due to the influence of Conservative and Fundamentalist Christianity in the United States, since Europe is primarily far more secular and religion does not invade politics like it does here. We have the largest, most conservative Christian population in the Western world, possibly the entire world.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Amazing, isn't it? It appears cluelessness transcends all possible bounds for our friends on the left.
And it appears insults are all those of you on the right bring to discussions.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:49 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, he's saying everything in American is shifted far right of European standards. Liberal by European standards is several orders of magnitude left of Obama for example. So most people who claim to be liberal in America, are actually quite conservative compared to our European counterparts. American Conservatives are practically off the charts to the right by Euro standards, since Europeans don't have anything as far right as our Republican party has shifted.

I have feeling that's largely due to the influence of Conservative and Fundamentalist Christianity in the United States, since Europe is primarily far more secular and religion does not invade politics like it does here. We have the largest, most conservative Christian population in the Western world, possibly the entire world.
World Debt Clocks

Old 08-16-2011, 02:12 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,920,399 times
Its a reflection of the nation I really believe the country is pretty centered and becoming more center left
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies