Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 09:13 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I can totally understand why that angered the Black guy. I agree that there are better ways he could have conducted himself in that situation.

With that said, it gets old that Black people have to keep watching what they do for fear that it reflects on their whole race. White people don't have to go around worrying about if what they do or say will reflect on their whole race, so why should Black people?

It shouldn't be all on Black people to "act upright." It should also be on racist people to change their primitive, misguided thinking.
I agree but unfortunately these are not isolated incidents and as such are not examined in the vacuum you describe. The young man is probably a good guy just exploded with anger. I've done the same but you have to be aware of your surroundings.

He is in a foreign country who knows what kind of laws they have there. Anyone who watches Locked Up Abroad knows the peril of running afould of the law in foreign country. Every country is not as permissive towards uncivilized behavior as the USA.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're right. I just anger easily.

Dirty laundry and all, fraternal dispute, etc.

I apologize.
you also have to remember this an online forum, which is why i could care less what people say.

people do and say stupid things to get attention.

people become somebody else when they get anonymity and arnt accountable for what they say.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Grammar is not subjective. Otherwise there would be no need for grammatical rules. Don't try to be a grammar Nazi unless you can handle the favour being returned to you.

So?
It was a statement of fact.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Please, I just don't want to be associated with the buffoonery emanating from your community,
Edward listen if you think that if you come to good ole South Carolina you will be treated any different by right wing tea party members than I am you are sadly mistaken. In fact do you have an accent? If so you may be treated worse. Don't get me wrong no one will be rude or call you names but they also wont do business with you and if they know some info that may help you it wont be passed on. Also you better not try to defend yourself against mistreatment the court system wont be kind to you.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I agree but unfortunately these are not isolated incidents and as such are not examined in the vacuum you describe. The young man is probably a good guy just exploded with anger. I've done the same but you have to be aware of your surroundings.

He is in a foreign country who knows what kind of laws they have there. Anyone who watches Locked Up Abroad knows the peril of running afould of the law in foreign country. Every country is not as permissive towards uncivilized behavior as the USA.
But even so, white people lash out and commit violent crimes all the time, in all kinds of settings and contexts, and it never, ever gets chalked up to their race. There's a very obvious double standard there.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,987,291 times
World ethnic segregation was and still is the only solution.

Keep the colors from running together.

Then anything that happens is based on stupid people.

Not people of any color.

Color is a distraction from the truly stupid.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:17 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Interestingly people didn't know what to do, nobody really wanted or knew how to help. I guess the Koreans are just not used to that kind of rude, physical behavior.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It was a statement of fact.
Sounds more like a discovery than something which can be taken for granted. Is there any other race/ethnicity you still believe is immune?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
World ethnic segregation was and still is the only solution.

Keep the colors from running together.

Then anything that happens is based on stupid people.

Not people of any color.

Color is a distraction from the truly stupid.
I thought language was the problem here Misunderstandings anywhere can lead to the most horrible things...

Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Having said that I will not let racist, closet racist,tea party racist and the rest use these people to justify their feelings about my people.
Who exactly are "your people"? I hope you don't consider all black people to be your people because that's an insult to well educated, intelligent black people everywhere. Face the cold hard facts, most black people would laugh hysterically at at the majority of the ignorant comments you make here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies