Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 08:27 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Crime statistics are racist.
Obviously...

Old 08-31-2011, 08:31 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Obviously...
They're only racist to those without a formal education in any statistics related field.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
I see no one addressed my comment. EdwardA, you are partly right. Yes many Black have fought and achieved gains in this country and abroad. What you should have also said is that it does not do the black community any good when we are stereotyped and lumped together because of an individual's action. Which is again happening in this thread.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
I'm having difficulty finding tea party on my voter registration card and as a moniker to these people you speak of. My tinfoil hat isn't strong enough perhaps?
Your a tea party supporter. I listed both members and supporters

Old 08-31-2011, 08:34 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It has a lot to do with it. In particular the same bahavior exhibited by Black Americans vis a vis flash mobs, wanton violence and generally uncivil behavior in the US is now being exported internationally.

I maintain the Black inner city culture is a cancer among civilized peoples and is having a disasterous impact on the healthy development and comportment of many young black people.

What's sad is this young man on the surface seems to be educated enough to land a teaching job overseas but his adherance to this assinine, destructive culture has now made him a pariah in a lovely country.
Part of the problem is discipline is not handled equally at our public schools amongst the different races. I've been in education a long time and have seen it first hand.

If a white child exibits misbehavior A and a minority child exhibits the same misbehavior, often times the minority child receives a harsher consequence.

At majority white schools, the children generally don't have to wear uniforms and have more freedom at school (i.e. don't have to be guided to lunch, dismissal times etc). I've seen a lot of majority minority schools where the children have to wear uniforms and are punished for every little misstep.

This extends into adult law enforcement where minorities are punished more harshly for the same crimes. Part of the reason for this, of course, is that whites generally can afford better legal representation. The police know this. This is why the police pull over the poorest looking people. They know they have a better shot of meeting a quota since the poor person will have to go with a PD in court.

Point being, we should not forget all of the factors that contribue to the culture this poster is referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Your a tea party supporter. I listed both members and supporters
Your -> You're
Missing a period at the end of 2nd sentence
Missing preposition

You sure I'm the tea party supporter? Seems like your grammar might stereotype you as one.

Quote:
They're only racist to those without a formal education in any statistics related field.
This is why we should trust anybody but the kind who lead the statistics... can't get a better guarantee than that!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Your -> You're
Missing a period at the end of 2nd sentence
Missing preposition

You sure I'm the tea party supporter? Seems like your grammar might stereotype you as one.
While you're bothered by someone's grammar, your question should read:

"Are you sure that I'm a tea party supporter?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
This is why we should trust anybody but the kind who lead the statistics... can't get a better guarantee than that!
lol wut

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It has a lot to do with it. In particular the same bahavior exhibited by Black Americans vis a vis flash mobs, wanton violence and generally uncivil behavior in the US is now being exported internationally.

I maintain the Black inner city culture is a cancer among civilized peoples and is having a disasterous impact on the healthy development and comportment of many young black people.

What's sad is this young man on the surface seems to be educated enough to land a teaching job overseas but his adherance to this assinine, destructive culture has now made him a pariah in a lovely country.
I see you're still trying to parade yourself in front of white people, saying, "see? I'm not like those Black people! Please treat me like I'm different! I'll do anything!"

And it still doesn't work. Keep on trying though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies