Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:32 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No need to add more additional information because I tend to become THE target of more idiots who are affiliated with certain groups. I can list more about the Baby Boom generation besides being self-centered.
Okay, so do it already... please tell us what makes them so selfish & otherwise awful?

P.S. I'm a libertarian, whatever that means in terms of this issue (since you seem to care).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 10:32 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,059,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
So you post things randomly in threads and expect people just go with it?
No, I just reply to a thread that interests me and give my opinion. Nothing else.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:35 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Are baby boomers being selfish, they might have lived through a couple of rough patches but overall the economy they grew up in is better than then the one their kids live in today.

"My goal is when they carry me away in that box that my bank account is going to say zero," Willison said. "I'm going to spoil myself now."

Many baby boomers don't plan to leave their children an inheritance - latimes.com
WoW! ! ! So some old guy is going to spend all his cash and the LA Times announces that 'boomers' are selfish.

Great reporting... just what I'd expect from the LA Times. Got any idea when they're going to release the video of The O'bama at the Islamic celebration dinner, toasting a jihadist, back before he was elected. (No, not Wm. Ayers). Yeah, thought not. Just more LA Times self serving agenda reporting.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Okay, so do it already... please tell us what makes them so selfish & otherwise awful?

P.S. I'm a libertarian, whatever that means in terms of this issue (since you seem to care).
Apart from inheritance and parenting, the Baby Boomers tend to be the most racist, misandric, feministic, one sided, greediest, and grouchiest generation. This is common among Baby Boom politicians and employers. What Baby Boom politicians are doing right now, their policies aren't to help people and society. It's all about the money, making ridiculous laws.

In regards to selfish baby boomers to their parents, I'm not talking about me.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,036,493 times
My father and his wife are displaying this characteristic. I doubt that they mean it, and I suspect that they think that it will make their younger children think harder about their future professions as opposed to just waiting for mom and dad to die and live off of all of their hard work and good fortune.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:40 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
All the Baby Boomer parents I know have already given their kids college educations and in some cases, down payments for their adult children's houses. Self-centered? Not true at all.
Exactly. I read a whole lot of silly twaddle in this post. Most boomers I know are busily holding down several jobs while putting their kids through college then helping them out after because the government has effed up everything.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Apart from inheritance and parenting, the Baby Boomers tend to be the most racist, misandric, feministic, one sided, greediest, and grouchiest generation. This is common among Baby Boom politicians and employers. What Baby Boom politicians are doing right now, their policies aren't to help people and society. It's all about the money, making ridiculous laws.
I think you just described ALL politicians, although I haven't been around long enough to judge the older generations... but the non-politician Baby Boomers I know are definitely not anything like you're claiming. Why so bitter? And what generation are you?

Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I think you just described ALL politicians, although I haven't been around long enough to judge the older generations... but the non-politician Baby Boomers I know are definitely not anything like you're claiming. Why so bitter? And what generation are you?
Y. I'm not going cut the Yers and Xers slack because they becoming the laziest and moraless generation.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
Quote:
Baby Boomers are definitely the most self-centered generation in history.
Good point. All they did was be in the vanguard of the civil, environmental, women's and gay rights groups.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:33 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I will be able to leave my 3 children inheritance and happy to do so. Also all 3 of them have always had bonds from when they were little, from Grandparents too.

I will be able to, do not believe in lying, because my Mother after my Dad passed away, had the ability to know how to save, when to save, and where to put her money. She had to do a damn good job, because she left all 3 of us kids quite an inheritance. So due in part to her, we will be able to do the same. If you can't you can't i believe in doing only what one can.

I am grateful to my Mother, because after my Father passed away, he would never ever dream that his wife, would be so good at saving and investing, but boy she did. Thank you Mom, i would of loved you even if you left nothing, because you were always the best Mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies