Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 01:53 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I can't stand old people that talk/act like that. Acting like they are going to spend every penny they have, so no one else gets any.

Let's hope that coffin cover slams smack on her pathetic selfish ass. Will probably die alone too - serves her right.
Quote:
so no one else gets any
uhm

its THEIR money..they probably spent a small fortune on you brats to begin with

and as the government keeps telling us SPENDING is GDP and creates jobs

message to the boomers....go ahead spend it..enjoy while you can..getting old sucks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 01:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

its THEIR money..they probably spent a small fortune on you brats to begin with
It's not the money - it's that selfish mentality that bothers me. Most folks that talk like that - have a marginal nest egg at most. When they get older, and they will... they are the ones that all of a sudden cry poverty, while everyone
else foots the bill for their own lack of long term planning.

Call someone else a brat. I not only have provided for myself - my child has a living trust. I plan on passing on
my assets to the next generation. We are a self reliant
people.

Last edited by pollyrobin; 09-07-2011 at 02:08 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 03:13 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
The only thing I want of my mom's is her sofa. Most comfortable thing ever, and it's older than I am.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,818,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes and no

You as their other children (your siblings and half siblings) are not liable for any of their bills, unless you co-signed something.

but

Once people die, everything they have house, cars, money in the bank, become their estate, someone is put over their estate. the person over the estate pays all of the bills of the people who died, from this.

They may sell the cars, and the house and pay the bills, After all this money is gone if there is still bills they merely notify them that there is no more money in the estate and they will not be paid.
Not yes and no. No. The estate is responsible for paying debts. Not the kids. So it's just No.

Big difference.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I read an article many years ago about how the WWII generation has amassed the largest amount of wealth in history. The article went on to say how big business, knowing that money was going to be inherited by the .

There was no "windfall". Boomers worked hard, paid taxes and saved money for retirement. There is no greed. They are not self centered. And they don't need leeches trying to get their hard earned savings.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:58 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
As long as my parents don't leave me their credit card bills from all the junk they buy, I don't care if they leave me any money or not. I don't want to be responsible for someone else's debt though.

Good news. They CANNOT leave you any debt. Debt is not passed on to heirs.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
One debt is passed on-the national one. This generations gift to the kids will be two wars costs' they gladly waved the flag for, but not the wallet.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It's not the money - it's that selfish mentality that bothers me. Most folks that talk like that - have a marginal nest egg at most. When they get older, and they will... they are the ones that all of a sudden cry poverty, while everyone
else foots the bill for their own lack of long term planning.

Call someone else a brat. I not only have provided for myself - my child has a living trust. I plan on passing on
my assets to the next generation. We are a self reliant
people.
If you ALL are self reliant people why do you depend on inheritance??? Doesn't sound too self reliant...

Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
I read an article many years ago about how the WWII generation has amassed the largest amount of wealth in history. The article went on to say how big business, knowing that money was going to be inherited by the boomers, was planning ways to relieve the boomers of their windfalls.
I would say for the most part, that goal has been accomplished.
The children and grandchildren of the boomers have been left with a country stripped of its job base and deeply in debt.
I only hope that thru their hardships they will learn to distrust bankers, corporations, and the politicians they buy.
You cannot defend yourself until you know who your enemies are.
My dad taught me well. he hated all banks. Even safe deposit boxes, he said the banks all know what's in it- its isnt safe- his Dad grew up in the depression-They were correct on all counts..also the "depression babies" knew what could happen...and acted accordingly, by finding their own ways to run a business, join a lodge/group.

Until CD's yield 9& interest, it is wise to put the money elsewhere.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Are baby boomers being selfish, they might have lived through a couple of rough patches but overall the economy they grew up in is better than then the one their kids live in today.

"My goal is when they carry me away in that box that my bank account is going to say zero," Willison said. "I'm going to spoil myself now."

Many baby boomers don't plan to leave their children an inheritance - latimes.com
Yep;the boomers have had it easy;vietnam;two recessio includig the 70's with double digit unemployemnt and inflatio at same time.What bothers this gernation is they are likely to be the first generation who doesn't build more wealth than their fathers did.Its the large number of those wanting to redistribute wealth since the 60's that are making the nation go downward since there are now too mnay dependent on too few. Eben illegal aliens see opportunity where many now see none at all;because they want in given to them.Certainly not all ;which shows in the widen income gap of this generation and more being wealthy than ever before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies