Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 05:25 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Depends. Was the request done in order to make the black patrons feel more at ease by having a black waitress?

Was the waitress fired because she refused this request? Or was she fired because maybe she was always late getting to work?

See this is what political correctness has wrought. People can no longer just serve people, now we have to separate groups into colors and sexual-orientation in order for other groups to "feel more comfortable", thereby making nobody feel comfortable around others.

Political correctness has ironically made us a more racist nation than we ever were. Score another "divide and conquer" point to the 'progressive' Democrats.
What proof is there that this request ever happened?
What is the record of this waitress regarding other claims made in the past? She could be a con artist.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:31 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
It's really no different than the police recruiting specific ethnic backgrounds to work in areas populated by the same. I don't like that either, but I'm not sure if there's a problem here. (legally)
It really is different than policing the neighborhood. Crime's not an issue, customer service is.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Come on guys. Here in almost 2012 this crap has got to go. No matter who is doing it, has to stop.

What age are we living in the dark ages!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Come on guys. Here in almost 2012 this crap has got to go. No matter who is doing it, has to stop.

What age are we living in the dark ages!

Well considering that 'treating all people equal in the eyes of the law' is considered racist and not good enough by the left, yes we are.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:12 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Instant millionaire for that? Give me a break.
Here comes the captain right on time.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:18 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
Sounds like a personality issue. I'm not hearing discrimination.

Although the general reputation in the restaurant industry is that blacks are horrible customers and servers of all races try to minimize their exposure to black patrons. When I waited tables during undergrad, servers used to call Black patrons "Canadians" and pay hostesses not to seat Blacks in their section. Ironically this was done mostly black servers who did this as the white servers still operated under the illusion that all customers were equal.

I find it hard to believe a restaurant manager in this day and age would be so bold as to assign a server a black section but I guess it's possible if the other servers are finding ways not to serve them.
You know I have had my friends and family say to me "they did that because we are black" and every time I said no we don't understand the seating or the way the order of appointments and such and such but with people like you running around I will explode on the manager and them the next time anyone suspects this.....thanks for the eye opener. I always tip very good but I will watch my service very carefully from now on. Thanks for opening my eyes to how Africans operate.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
telling her to wait only black tables is a mistake.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:31 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
It really is different than policing the neighborhood. Crime's not an issue, customer service is.
Reach for the gray area, Grey. I was talking about the legal issue, not comparing the occupations

I would think everyone would understand that without a full explanation.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:35 PM

6 posts, read 3,957 times
Quote:
When I waited tables during undergrad, servers used to call Black patrons "Canadians" and pay hostesses not to seat Blacks in their section.
They still are. This is common knowledge amongst wait staff throughout the U.S. Nobody wants them as customers because they are the most demanding and cheap.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
If she has good evidence, she will not only have a successful lawsuit, but the offending manager willl be screwed for life, as he/she should probably be.

However I remember the big federal case against Denny's from the 1990's. There may have been isolated incidents at one or more Denny's--I don't know about that. But there was no grand Denny's conspiracy. I recall that in the end the lawyers made millions and those who made claims got a pittance. People were invited to submit claims. Many were rejected because they were obvious frauds. For example some people claimed to have been discriminated against in a Denny's drive thru, but it turned out that no Denny's restaurant has a drive-thru.

I also note that the site where the article appears has engaged in race-baiting in the past. They were the source for a widely distributed 'top 10 racist Rush Limbaugh quotes.' Some of the quotes were made up or at least could not be verified. Others were not racist. One out of the 10 quotes was arguably damning; it was something Limbaugh had said in the 1970's as a rock DJ and later admitted and apologized for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies