Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 AM

25 posts, read 23,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Not true. In my state they make minimum wage.
Do you tip your hairdresser?
Off course! I am not generous but I tip properly, it takes 15-20 minutes for hair cut that costs 10$, how much do you think they get paid while owner of the business take some of it?

Try to put your shoes on workers depending on tips or even better try to work as waiter and deal with cheap demanding customers.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why don't they just add on the gratuity to the bill like they do on cruise ships?
O
Well it's the same, in many countries it's called as service charge
Servers get salary, your bill will be about the same or even more if you never tip or tip 10% or less.

Cheapskates are cheap. It's mind boggling that those cheapskates are mostly the most demanding and having bad attitudes customers.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 AM

656 posts, read 648,752 times
Obama needs to use the bully pulpit and speak out condeming this

Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry888 View Post
Hello waiters make 3 bucks an hour you get it now? People don't like to tip go eat at home, fast food joints or order take outs then. Cheap ignorants stay home and stop giving attitudes while dining out and refuse to compensate the service they demand.
Too many restaurants are adding these servers where they used to be self service. The customer simply ordered or stood in line and then sat themselves. just the other day, I went to one such restaurant. They insisted that I order from the waitress and then have the waitress bring the food to us. i refused because I don't want to pay a tip for something that I can do for myself. I will not be going back there again.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Too many restaurants are adding these servers where they used to be self service. The customer simply ordered or stood in line and then sat themselves. just the other day, I went to one such restaurant. They insisted that I order from the waitress and then have the waitress bring the food to us. i refused because I don't want to pay a tip for something that I can do for myself. I will not be going back there again.
I don't believe that lol, good don't go back for good, they will thank you, self serve means don't make a mess and clean after yourself and please put back the trays on the proper places and stop telling them about the taste "weird" etc to get something comped. Can't afford to tip properly stay home cook, do take outs or fast food isn't that simple!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post
Obama needs to use the bully pulpit and speak out condeming this
So many blacks are ashamed of their own kind and don't understand on how on earth they can treat others that shameful way. Black servers avoiding black customers that must be something.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You are indicating that this is a widespread problem. If that's the case, choosing to be a server is stupid.

It doesn't apply to my restaurants because they're base pay is higher than the state minimum wage to begin with. Who in their right mind would choose to work for $2.33/hr?
Good luck for you, no money no honey. Let's see you can retain good servers that can deal obnoxious customers with your compensation, I wonder how great is that.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbest View Post
federal law dictates take-home for wait staff to be a minimum of $7.25/hr. There's no (legal) way around that. A state like wisconsin, for example, dictates this same minimum rate of $7.25 per hour to be the take-home for tipped employees.

I don't know if you recently moved to the us, but it surprises me how many people who have lived here for some time don't know labor laws.... At least the labor laws for their own state.
y

Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
I've been in the restaurant and bar industry for over 10 years, and the stereotypes are 100% correct.

If a table full of black people enters a restaurant or bar, you can be guaranteed 2 things:

They will complain about everything and they will severely undertip, if any tip is left at all.

Stereotypes are not racist if they are continually proven correct.
I tip....at 20%. So your 100% theory fails.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwrek View Post
People who like cash daily, and those who seek to avoid paying taxes.

My hourly is 6.25, my first year in WI I made a little over 50k in tips, and an average year in my old home of Las Vegas, I cleared a little over 70k.

Best part is, I only reported the absolute bare minimum as required by my employer and have never actually paid a dime in federal income taxes.

A very good friend of mine left a high paying salary job in Vegas and became a bartender to avoid paying the extortionary alimony payments the courts imposed on him. He lives a cash lifestyle now and has had the amount reduced exponentially because the income his ex is able to prove he makes is based on $6.50 an hour and a nominal amount of tips that he is required to report. The hilarious part is in reality, he makes very close to what he did at his previous job, yet has more disposable income due to the reduction in alimony payments.
Wow. You and your friend should be in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies