Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Again, sick of the argument. YOU believe there are two bodies. Don't force your BELIEFS on me. So, yes, very simple.
Goes two ways, you expect taxpayers to pay for this. Payment plans are still an option,when someone has to pay things for their selves, it's a new priority.

You seem to have a soap box you stand on, while asking everyone else to stand aside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 12:46 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The problem is that YOU are the one trying to control another's behavior. That's the "force" part of the remark. You can believe that there are two bodies all you want, no one is trying to control you. But when you impose your belief on another person to stop that person from having an abortion, that's when you are forcing your beliefs on another.
And when one of those "others" has no voice? Then what?

Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Goes two ways, you expect taxpayers to pay for this. Payment plans are still an option,when someone has to pay things for their selves, it's a new priority.

You seem to have a soap box you stand on, while asking everyone else to stand aside.
What part of 'no federal funding goes to pay for abortions' don't you get? Are you angry that federal funds may pay for some of the electricity, or antiseptics involved? Because abortions are funded by donations and the women getting them.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
And when one of those "others" has no voice? Then what?
That's YOUR belief. You believe that their are two bodies. You believe that one of those bodies doesn't have a voice. Those are YOUR beliefs. Some of us don't share YOUR beliefs. And you don't get to impose those beliefs on others. Because that's FORCING your beliefs on others. My beliefs don't affect YOU. So there is no circumstance when I am forcing my beliefs on you. But by trying to stop someone from doing something that is 100% LEGAL, you are FORCING yourself and your beliefs on them.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,905 times
You would think Black-Americans would be pissed....since most PLanned Parenthood abortions are........black children.
Guess not....that Obama kool-aid must be something.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:13 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's YOUR belief. You believe that their are two bodies. You believe that one of those bodies doesn't have a voice. Those are YOUR beliefs. Some of us don't share YOUR beliefs. And you don't get to impose those beliefs on others. Because that's FORCING your beliefs on others. My beliefs don't affect YOU. So there is no circumstance when I am forcing my beliefs on you.
You are forcing your belief on the life that is being sucked to shreds during an abortion.
Simple as that.

Quote:
But by trying to stop someone from doing something that is 100% LEGAL, you are FORCING yourself and your beliefs on them
Slavery was 100% legal at one time as well.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:19 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
These are christian and pro life links, why doesn't that surprise me
Does that make them less valid?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Do you realize how illogical your statement really is?
I think there is more than just a little politics involved here and I do not respect that woman for backing down so soon. I do believe that all the people who rushed in to give money to the foundation because of the stand they had taken should be able to get every penny of it back before any of it goes to Planned Parenthood.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
You would think Black-Americans would be pissed....since most PLanned Parenthood abortions are........black children.
Guess not....that Obama kool-aid must be something.
What is your solution.....to ban abortion for black women? Black women shouldn't be allowed the same choice as other women? Is that what you want?

Do you really think black women are aborting against their will?

If your argument weren't so disgusting, it would be laughable.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:29 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
You are forcing your belief on the life that is being sucked to shreds during an abortion.
Simple as that.

Slavery was 100% legal at one time as well.[/quote]
Abortion used to be illegal...... and just like slavery, we did the right thing and changed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies