Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am neither a hunter nor a target shooter, and I own more than 20 so called assault rifles, otherwise known as a military lookalike firearm.

I keep them to keep proficent and to keep the USA from becoming a tyranny.

included in my firearms are 2 50 caliber rifles, 4 MBR's, 22 carbines, 3 semi auto shotguns and quite a bit of pistols.
In 2012, NO ONE needs to hunt. We have McD's for that. EVERYONE needs a firearm for their safety and to save their life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
My response draws out where that line is drawn. The question then relates to Congress' right to ban weapons it deems too dangerous to allow possession -- such as assault rifles.

real assault rifles are already controlled by the feds under NFA34. please do not confuse assault rifles with what congress wants to ban.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Have you ever bothered to check if the fighter jet carries any real ordnance?

I'm guessing there aren't any Sidewinders included with Google's jet.

actually, I do know someone who bought a mig 25, minus all the guns and hardpoints.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
You just have a limited magazine capacity, no bayonet lug and no flash hider. You can have Wilson Combat install a PERMANENT "muzzle break" ONLY that looks like a standard A2 no bottom slot flash hider though. It restores the look and still gives you faster follow up shots without eliminating signature flash. They look cheesy without at least something on the barrel.

Not all of them.
Close....but I do have some 30 round mags....and a fixed stock

Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
real assault rifles are already controlled by the feds under NFA34. please do not confuse assault rifles with what congress wants to ban.
Shhhhhhh....facts confuse the gun grabbers.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I support an assault weapon ban because there is no legitimate reason that hunters or target shooters require such a weapon and can cause massive deaths.
The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting and target shooting.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Don't need a lecture on the 2nd Amendment there. I know what it was designed to do. I'm explaining the reality of Constitutional interpretation to you...

FYI, if you had the money you could buy a tank. You just couldn't arm the thing from what I understand....

So anyway, that brings us to assault weapons. If it is your contention that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to combat government tyranny, I'd ask you what an assault weapon is going to do for you against a smart bomb? Or an F-35? etc...

That ship has sailed. So let's talk practical useage if you want to argue for the continued legalization of assault weapons.

Keep in mind I really don't have an opinion one way or the other on assault weapons. I'm just laughing at those who think its their 2nd amendment right to own one...

really? ask the USA about that war in vietnam, how the tanks, bombs and fighters worked against the people of that country, who mainly had assault rifles.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Holder tells Congress the Obama administration wants to ban guns

In light of the language you quoted, the technical term for the title of this thread is: a lie.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
ASSAULT WEAPONS, are not all guns.

As a retired cop, I wouldn't mind if assault weapons disappeared altogether.

as a civilian, i would not mind if all policemen had their retirements revoked, all police fired and only sheriffs and deputies carry out law enforcement duties.

shows you the difference that a real sheriff and what a law enforcement officer can do.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Holder has been stonewalling congress long enough. Congress should start impeachment procedings against him.
Do a little digging and i think you will find that the first Assualt weapon ban was started by Ronnie R in Ca as a way to stop the Crips and Bloods from getting heavy firepower. The law was very poorly written and created quite a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies