Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Close....but I do have some 30 round mags....and a fixed stock

only some Rick? I have hundreds of 30 rounds mags, and hundreds of 20 round mags for my 7.62.51's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:08 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
why would I want a muzzle break on a rifle when a flash hider works much better?
Not you or I. The '94-'04 AWB didn't sunset in all 50 States you know. I believe he was a Mass resident. They have certain crap on the books. Exactly what, I'm not sure. But I do know a Wilson break is 100% post ban legal.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
most cops shoot worse than the law abiding firearm owning public do. I have seen the sheriff and deputies in my county shoot before, they need lessons and instruction to be brought up to par with what the ccw classes are providing these days.
A gun to a cop is like a hammer to a carpenter. It's a tool that he has to carry around on his belt all day. Private citizens shoot because they enjoy it and want to go to the range as often as possible. Cops shoot because they have to. Most see it as an unwanted burden when they have to shoot twice a year to qualify. I know several and almost all agree.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The term is used broadly. What I mean is a MAC 10, AK 47, AR 15 and the like.

I've seen people turned into hamburger at close range.

none of these firearms are even assault rifles. but dont let the facts confuse people.

the only one that could be even close to an assault rifle is the AK47, but only if it capable of firing both semi-auto and automatic fire.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Not you or I. The '94-'04 AWB didn't sunset in all 50 States you know. I believe he was a Mass resident. They have certain crap on the books. Exactly what, I'm not sure. But I do know a Wilson break is 100% post ban legal.

better that he should move and vote with his feet then. let his pocketbook do the talking.

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:
A gun to a cop is like a hammer to a carpenter. It's a tool that he has to carry around on his belt all day. Private citizens shoot because they enjoy it and want to go to the range as often as possible. Cops shoot because they have to. Most see it as an unwanted burden when they have to shoot twice a year to qualify. I know several and almost all agree.
Those guys aren't the norm. Many love it and are into it just as much as anyone else.

Seagal and Team shooting Belsco POST Target - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Get some kind of break on it too if it doesn't have one. Stoner designed it to be on there for reason. Without it, the muzzle climbs under rapid fire. The flash (FIREBALL) out of a barrel isn't pleasant either. I know Wilson Combat and a few others do post ban breaks. You can't remove it though. The threads are useless as it's soldered or pinned. It sure looks better though.

I can take a per-ban lower and then add a brand new upper and all 5 evil features if I want. The trouble with gun laws is they're written by people who know absolutely nothing about guns....

Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:

dont get me wrong, I do know cops that DO know how to shoot and shoot very well. but for the most part, cops are very poor shooters, even the swat team here suck at their shooting.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The term is used broadly. What I mean is a MAC 10, AK 47, AR 15 and the like.

I've seen people turned into hamburger at close range.

So what you're saying is you don't know what an assault weapon is under the law. Since you're a former police officer this is not surprising. I have an AR-15 and it's not an assault weapon. Having said that, can you explain how an assault weapons ban makes sense?

Old 02-09-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
for all you cops, former military that dont know the difference and people that do not know what an assault rifle is.

an assault rifle is; A rifle that is a carbine cartridge ( with muzzle energy between a pistol round and a full size rifle round) that is magazine fed capable of firing both semi automatic and automatic fire and a capable effective range of 300 meters.

anything else is not an assault rifle.

assault rifle@Everything2.com

That's not what the law says at all. It's magazine fed semi auto and has two or more of the following features:

adjustable stock
flash hider
pistol grip
bayonet lug (all those drive by bayonetings have been devastating)
grenade launcher
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies