Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 02:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Guns-guns-guns and MORE guns. You will give your rifle a girls name because this is the only p**** you are going to get. Words to live by and not forgotten easily.

actually, my firearms have no female or male names. they are tools, i dont name my tools names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 02:21 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And some of that posturing includes the idea that we should all cower in a corner, clutching a telephone begging for the police to hurry because the bad guy is now in the house and making his way upstairs.

I prefer the Clint Eastwood posture myself.
Truely ignorant people believe that the Police can and will protect them. They aren't armed security available for your private use. They'll clean up the mess when it's all over and try to figure out "who done it" though. Any honest one will tell you that.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
dude...still wrong. If you want to debate this at least look up the actual legal definition.

to be considered an assault rifle:
  • It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);
  • It must be capable of selective fire;
  • It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;
  • Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable magazine rather than a feed-belt.
  • And it should at least have a firing range of 300 meters (984 feet)
Assault rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the point i was trying to make Rick, is that none of the firearms listed in AWB94 were actually assault weapons.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
My point was that THE REAL GUN (PEOPLE) can't stop talking about them. No matter how much some anti or metro tries to shut US up. I've had guys I haven't seen in a year... The first thing out of their mouth was... "what did you buy last?" You can sit for hours, days on end talking with others who love them too. "Rambo" can't do that. He's full of hot air and the broads that think he's so damn cool. Well...their just clueless and think a football player is bulletproof. You want a tough guy? Pick one that can defend himself and his family NO MATTER WHAT. Their mouth is completely bulls***! Buy a gun!

all 3 of my daughters love to talk about firearms. they love to shoot them and own them. if you asked them whether they would want go shopping at a mall for clothes or a gun store for firearms, they will choose the gun store.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
all 3 of my daughters love to talk about firearms. they love to shoot them and own them. if you asked them whether they would want go shopping at a mall for clothes or a gun store for firearms, they will choose the gun store.
I bet they have guys lined up to date them too. Guys don't like a smarta** when it comes to that stuff. lol Come on honey, let's go shooting! "What's taking so long?" Good-good girls they are!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I bet they have guys lined up to date them too. Guys don't like a smarta** when it comes to that stuff. lol Come on honey, let's go shooting! "What's taking so long?" Good-good girls they are!

the oldest does, the middle one is a lesbian who has a girl friend that is also into shooting. the youngest is not interested in guys yet.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
the oldest does, the middle one is a lesbian who has a girl friend that is also into shooting. the youngest is not interested in guys yet.
I wish more women felt that way and learned from the ones who are. Women like that are fun to be around. They NEVER accuse you of being macho or somehow have a little one in disguise. Those women can be so abrasive and ignorant with their comments. I never met one yet that when the chips were down, wasn't glad you were armed when things go bump in the night. They weren't fooling me or anyone else. If you want a good laugh, and a good read, go read what an alpha male is! lmao The alpha male would have those clowns in tears within minutes. That's a promise!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Speaking of posture ... I had a couple of buddies over one evening, and made the mistake of showing them a pristine federal issue 38 spec revolver I had obtained. Totally empty, which I informed them as I showed them the weapon with the cylinder open for reassurance.

You'd have thought I entered the room with a stick of dynamite with a fizzling fuse ... they stepped back, postures tensed, and recoiled at the very sight of this scary thing that was moments away from exploding the entire room.

I was taken aback by these rather roughneck friends who almost soiled themselves in the presence of a perfectly and obviously safe condition firearm, and then realized how deep the fear of firearms really are, and how emasculated the modern American male has become these days.

Now I might understand such a reaction if someone was carelessly handling a Glock ... I don't trust anyone's claim that the firearm is in safe condition since you cannot determine that by visual means, but a open revolver?

Anyway, I immediately recognized my error, and returned the weapon to it's bedroom drawer, but overheard the quiet comments "why did he bring that thing out" .... since it was not intended for me to hear, I decided to keep the answer to myself ... thinking it instead ... "because I thought you boys would appreciate such a fine example of an old weapon that looked brand new, never realizing that you all would shrivel up like frightened turtles".

By contrast, another friend was a federal agent who rushed at the sight of weapon like a kid at Christmas time, with a twinkle in his eye ... "wow, how old is this .... I remember when this was the carry of choice".

Sad.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Speaking of posture ... I had a couple of buddies over one evening, and made the mistake of showing them a pristine federal issue 38 spec revolver I had obtained. Totally empty, which I informed them as I showed them the weapon with the cylinder open for reassurance.

You'd have thought I entered the room with a stick of dynamite with a fizzling fuse ... they stepped back, postures tensed, and recoiled at the very sight of this scary thing that was moments away from exploding the entire room.

I was taken aback by these rather roughneck friends who almost soiled themselves in the presence of a perfectly and obviously safe condition firearm, and then realized how deep the fear of firearms really are, and how emasculated the modern American male has become these days.

Now I might understand such a reaction if someone was carelessly handling a Glock ... I don't trust anyone's claim that the firearm is in safe condition since you cannot determine that by visual means, but a open revolver?

Anyway, I immediately recognized my error, and returned the weapon to it's bedroom drawer, but overheard the quiet comments "why did he bring that thing out" .... since it was not intended for me to hear, I decided to keep the answer to myself ... thinking it instead ... "because I thought you boys would appreciate such a fine example of an old weapon that looked brand new, never realizing that you all would shrivel up like frightened turtles".

By contrast, another friend was a federal agent who rushed at the sight of weapon like a kid at Christmas time, with a twinkle in his eye ... "wow, how old is this .... I remember when this was the carry of choice".

Sad.
It sure is, because the "alpha male" didn't think anything about it or give it a second thought. He's thinking all guys are like him. Guess we just figured out "who has the little one" eh? The "alpha male" doesn't give a s*** what other people think about him and would rather die than give up something that is so important to him. Watch out for the guys who rawr instead of telling you what you want and need to hear. The betas will come to him to save their asses too!

Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
please read the federalist papers. the 2nd is there to let the people be armed with the same sort of weapons as the ordinary soldier is, not crew served weapons.

The second amendment is there so citizens can be armed just like the government.
It is in there so the people have every right to bare arms against a ruling central government.
So no King's men(President's men) could take your rights away.

Citizens could and did have cannons, in the 1800's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies