Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:03 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Here ya go, folks. Have a nice read.

If someone wants to research Fully automatic weapons, have at it. I'm late for my dialysis, and the wife is pissed.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

Editor’s Note:
The following provisions of the GCA were repealed when the semiautomatic assault weapon and large capacity ammunition
feeding device bans sunset on September 13, 2004.

18 U.S.C. § 921 (30): The term "semiautomatic
18 U.S.C. § 921 (30): The term "semiautomatic
assault weapon" means -
(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as –
(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);
(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);
(iv) Colt AR-15;
(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;
(vii) Steyr AUG;
(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and
(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has
an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of -(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a bayonet mount;
(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor;
and
(v) a grenade launcher;
(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of –
(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and
(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that
has at least 2 of –
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.
18 U.S.C. § 921 (31) The term
"large capacity ammunition feeding
device" -
(A) means a magazine, belt, drum,
(B) feed strip, or similar device
(C) manufactured after the date of
(D) enactment of the Violent Crime
(E) Control and Law Enforcement Act of
(F) 1994 that has a capacity of, or that
(G) can be readily restored or converted
(H) to accept, more than 10 rounds of
(I) ammunition; but
(J) (B) does not include an attached
(K) tubular device designed to accept,
(L) and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition
That's good to know. Thanks. Can you please point out where and how full auto has anything to do with the assault weapons ban?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I call them like I see them. If I see ignorance I point it out. If the ignorant party gets hurt over being called out I can't help that (especially when they come back time and again after being told they're wrong).

Under the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban, which is still in force in some states, a rifle is defined as an assault weapon if it is semi automatic, accepts a detachable magazine, and has two or more of the following features:

adjustable stock
pistol grip
bayonet lug
flash supresor (or threaded barrel)
grenade launcher

That's just to bring you up to speed because you apparently missed it the three or four other times I posted it. A Ruger 10/22 could be configured as an assault weapon. Should we ban those? So as you can see, what you consider to be an assault weapon is not relevant nor will it ever be....

And you continue to reference only rifles.

As for relevance, well, we'll just leave that one alone.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
sorry man, when you need a cop they are never around. plus other things that are questionably unconstitutional that they and fed leo do is not good either.

I believe that the only law enforcement that should be in effect in the 3000+ odd counties in the USA are sheriff's and their deputies.

all other cops and law enforcement should be fired to include the dea, batf, fbi, and tsa. I know there are others leo's i forgot, but they need to be fired as well.

Don't worry about it, I'm no longer a cop. I retired a long time ago. A lot of people don't like cops, I figure that's their problem, not mine.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Some cops carried the Beretta 92 FS AKA the M9 which is the current standard U.S. military sidearm. A horrible weapon of war!

I used a standard issue, Smith & Wesson Model 10 M&P .38. Hardly a weapon of war. It was a tool, nothing more.

Haven't used, bought or needed a gun since I retired and turned in my side arm.. Seen enough of them to do me for a lifetime.

A weapon of war blew out my right kidney, I wouldn't touch one now.

You want to get all wet over guns, fine. The 2nd amendment gives you the right to.

Last edited by carterstamp; 02-10-2012 at 12:22 PM..

Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
That's good to know. Thanks. Can you please point out where and how full auto has anything to do with the assault weapons ban?

Nothing. I thought I'd throw that in for good measure.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:14 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just because the fedgov consider the above items to be assault rifles does not mean they actually are.

just because the dollar is actually considered the currency of the USA does not mean that it actually is.
Therein lies the problem. The statist antis can't figure out that just because the government calls something an "assault weapon," it doesn't mean it is. The author of the AWB thinks a barrel shroud is a "shoulder thing that goes up." lmao

Old 02-10-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I call them like I see them. If I see ignorance I point it out. If the ignorant party gets hurt over being called out I can't help that (especially when they come back time and again after being told they're wrong).
I take very little of what is said in this forum personally. Life's too short.

...clicking ignore... See how that works? I invite you to do the same.

Last edited by carterstamp; 02-10-2012 at 12:30 PM..

Old 02-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
And you continue to reference only rifles.

As for relevance, well, we'll just leave that one alone.
Who was it that said "what I consider an assault weapon"?

Were shotguns or handguns ever mentioned in the discussion? Keep trying though....

Old 02-10-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I used a standard issue, Smith & Wesson Model 10 M&P .38. Hardly a weapon of war. It was a tool, nothing more.

Haven't used, bought or needed a gun since I retired and turned in my side arm.. Seen enough of them to do me for a lifetime.

A weapon of war blew out my right kidney, I would touch one now.

You want to get all wet over guns, fine. The 2nd amendment gives you the right to.
Wow....M&P revolver....a relic

You would touch one now?

I do get excited knowing I can defend myself. It's a sick world. It's always good to be prepared.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:

A weapon of war blew out my right kidney, I wouldn't touch one now.

Do you know M&P stands for military and police? Model 10's were used in WWII, it was a revolver marketed for military use in its various versions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies