Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 05:45 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Not that i am a conservative, but you really think that this country is conservative?

Maybe 100 yrs ago. Pre Woodrow Wilson.

Progressive degeneration has turned this country into a cesspool of sensualism and acceptance of vile behaviours, in the name of freedom.

I'd say True Conservatism has been dead quite some time mate...
Nope i never said that at all, read my statement again .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 02:50 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The truth is that most black christians are extremely homophobic. My mom, who lives in PG and is christian asked me about this last week. I told her I don't care what two consenting adults do as long as it doesn't hurt anybody and she walked away from me.
Not agreeing with homosexuality and/or gay marriage does not make you homophobic. How many times will you have to be told this before it sinks in?

Old 02-19-2012, 03:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Prop 8 case, if accepted by SCOTUS, will be ruled against because it clearly violates the 14th Amendment, equal protection of the law. Justice Kennedy ruled in the majority in romer v evans that the gov't cannot single out a group of ppl for different treatment under the law. It would be a complete reversal of his previous opinion, which he wrote in romer v evans. If the Scotus does not agree to hear the case, then the Appeals ruling will stand and voila, we will have same sex marriage equality in Calif again!!
We'll see.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:28 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We'll see.
Nope it's already a fact you have lost. Get used to the changing times my friend as they are now likely to move faster

Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Not agreeing with homosexuality and/or gay marriage does not make you homophobic. How many times will you have to be told this before it sinks in?
Being against homosexuals having equal access to the law (in this case civil marriage law) is most certainly an expression of one's homophobia. How many times will you have to be told this before it sinks in?

Old 02-19-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Being against homosexuals having equal access to the law (in this case civil marriage law) is most certainly an expression of one's homophobic. How many times will you have to be told this before it sinks in?
Tell me where I said what you wrote and then we'll talk. Otherwise, you've completely warped my words.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:50 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
As the opposition to gay marriage in Maryland is being led by African-Americans I have chuckle at your segregationist reference.

The same phenomenon was noticed last year in the petition drive to overturn the Maryland Dream Act. African-Americans as a whole opposed it in greater percentages than Whites.

Why chuckle?

People on the wrong side of history are on the wrong side of history, no matter what the topic, or their skin color.

Is it always a bit more exasperating and disappointing to see one group that claims to be oppressed actively involved in oppressing others? Yes, definitely. But that's a different thread.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Tell me where I said what you wrote and then we'll talk. Otherwise, you've completely warped my words.
Answer me a very direct question if you will. 40 some states deny gay couples access to civil marriage law. Should gay couples have equal access to these laws?

Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:

Doesn't make sense at all.

I could believe in a biblical based explanation for being opposed to interracial marriage. Still makes me a racist. Or if not explicitly racist, borderline stupid.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Why chuckle?

People on the wrong side of history are on the wrong side of history, no matter what the topic, or their skin color.

Is it always a bit more exasperating and disappointing to see one group that claims to be oppressed actively involved in oppressing others? Yes, definitely. But that's a different thread. Maybe a very complex thread about how blacks became more susceptible to ignorant church groupthink than whites. Probably a complex historical explanation.
Yet another attempt to guilt blacks into approving of homosexuality.

It doesn't matter that we were once oppressed, we don't OWE anyone our approval. Are we not allowed to have free thought without being shackled with the chains of our past?

On the one hand, blacks are told to "get over the past" when we talk about our struggles today. But if it has anything at all to do with gays, we're told to "remember where we came from/the struggles we had".

I don't appreciate that blacks now have equal rights. We should have had them all along. And I darn sure don't owe gays my support, if I don't want to lend it. Has nothing to do with feeling superior to anyone/anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies