Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 04:41 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,023,462 times

Advertisements

Hey as far as I'm concerned, black democrats are largely responsible for this problem. As long as young black men are being told that racism is keeping them from getting ahead, they'll continue have these types of behavioral issues. I don't see where the incentive is even to improve oneself if all you continue to be fed is the idea you're a victim of your circumstance mantra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,400,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Hey as far as I'm concerned, black democrats are largely responsible for this problem. As long as young black men are being told that racism is keeping them from getting ahead, they'll continue have these types of behavioral issues. I don't see where the incentive is even to improve oneself if all you continue to be fed is the idea you're a victim of your circumstance mantra.
You have so oversimplified a very complex socio-economic issue.

Expectations are placed on a child by the family (hopefully 2 parents) but even without a stable home unit at some point a child becomes self-aware and must decide the type of life they want for themselves.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,809,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yes lets have an honest open debate about race and racism, but lets not get confused with facts please.
Cheering wildy

Facts are poison to progressive mind melts

Old 03-29-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
You have so oversimplified a very complex socio-economic issue.

Expectations are placed on a child by the family (hopefully 2 parents) but even without a stable home unit at some point a child becomes self-aware and must decide the type of life they want for themselves.
I don't see it that way. I use to, but not anymore. As far as I can tell most people (except for socciopaths, psychopaths and other mentally corrupt individuals) are indoctrined with the same principles of right and wrong in this country. Adults are well aware and in full control of their individual choices.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:56 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,400,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I don't see it that way. I use to, but not anymore. As far as I can tell most people (except for socciopaths, psychopaths and other mentally corrupt individuals) are indoctrined with the same principles of right and wrong in this country. Adults are well aware and in full control of their individual choices.
I grew up in the horrible inner cities everyone talks about, single parent home, blah, blah, blah. I stayed in school and college and university. I decided to get into prep school after thinking the school on Facts of Life seemed better than where I lived. You may not be able to hold a kid completely accountable, but even a kid has to decide in the direction if not destination they're heading towards.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
I grew up in the horrible inner cities everyone talks about, single parent home, blah, blah, blah. I stayed in school and college and university. I decided to get into prep school after thinking the school on Facts of Life seemed better than where I lived. You may not be able to hold a kid completely accountable, but even a kid has to decide in the direction if not destination they're heading towards.
And your experiences are what I am alluding to. Black children in poor areas have choices--they may have less than of them, but they are there. It's just a question of who they want to listen to. All those kids, poor or not, dad or no dad, know right from wrong. And they'd be lying if they said they didn't.

I think I saw the reality when I volunteered in a refugee camp in the middle east one Summer. I mean the people, and kids literally had nothing. They were deprived of every human right taken for granted before they were even born, and yet they just did not have these social-behavioral problems. No babies OOW, no violent crimes, and no wolfpack wildin. They were well behaved, ambitious and respectful. I think it was then that i largely understood that the problems in the BC were and always will be cultural; money and politics can only do but so much and they are certainly not a substitute for values.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 AM

744 posts, read 813,370 times
If White people were enslaved by Black people then White people would murder 10x as much as Blacks

Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,229,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
If White people were enslaved by Black people then White people would murder 10x as much as Blacks
When black people WERE enslaved by white people, their murder rate was infinitesimal.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:12 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,395,611 times
It really doesn't help when role models for inner city kids...NBA players...father kids with several different women, then blow their NBA paycheck and don't look after their kids. That happens a LOT. If a group of people kids respect started a dialogue, at least some would listen.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:17 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,032,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Most racial/ethnic groups on this planet (including different groups of whites) WERE enslaved by another group at some point in history.
The evolutionary method of dealing with this is to regroup and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies