Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Bill Cosby told the blacks what they needed to do and they hate him for it.
How many black people have you interviewed that brought you to this conclusion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 04:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
No.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:36 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
That's ALWAYS funny, isn't it? This case has really brought out the clueless in some people. The reason why this is a big deal is because of HOW things happened.
- unarmed black teen
- white, non police officer packing a gun shoots and kills said teen.
- this kind of thing (a non-black person killing a black person) has happened before and it's just another example of how stereotyping can be dangerous. Even deadly.
There are more facts in the case than any of us know.And you left out one 'non' there. Right before 'white'. I agree how stereotyping can be dangerous and deadly. You are 100% correct. Why do you practice it?

Quote:
When people say they want justice for Trayvon Martin, they're also saying they want justice for Emmitt Till, James Craig Anderson, Victor Steen, Steven E. Washington, and etc.
Horrible things that shouldn't have happened. I sincerely hope the perpetrators get their due. Shall we list names of victims in black on white crimes? We can play that if you want. Why not stick with justice for all?

Quote:
(BTW, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are NOT the spokesmen for black Americans.)
Then WHY are THEY at the forefront of everything black? Who's following them? Step up and take action if you don't agree with their direction. Make the difference!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:46 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
When black people WERE enslaved by white people, their murder rate was infinitesimal.
Yeah, yeah, we saw the movie. Sharks trolling slave ships for free food tossed overboard.

There's a preacher in Dallas (I don't recall his name) who professes the people of Egypt were actually black and they did all the engineering feats like building of the pyramids, agriculture, etc.

If he's right, then who were the people that enslaved the Hebrews?

If we believe that then it looks like we're 'even' on the slavery issue.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So, Edward, did you bother to take the time last night to listen or call into WPFW's 2K Nation show? (note: radio station local to both Edward and myself). The black host was presenting the question, "how can we, the black community, take all the energy that's been produced by the Trayvon Martin shooting, and turn it into doing something to address the problems within the black community?"

This could not be, according to you! I must have imagined it.

Black callers were bringing up ideas about strengthening the family, reducing absentee father-ism, church involvement in trying to reduce black violence, presenting a message that if you're going to fight, then using your fists and then calling it 'done' should earn more respect than shooting your opponent, which should earn you great disrespect, teaching kids to spend their money wisely and that spending money on symbols of conspicuous wealth does nothing for enhancing the lives of black people, whereas they could instead invest that money back into the community, stressing higher education and being an involved parent, looking out for others just as you would for your own family members, etc etc etc. They weren't pulling any punches about endemic problems of crime and violence, under-achievement, young and single motherhood, and more.

I kept thinking about you, since you continually charge black people and the black community with refusing to acknowledge societal problems and blaming everything on whites. Were you doing your part to work on a problem by giving your views or taking notes from the show, or did you just continue your lovefest with white bigots on internet forums?
You had such a thoughtful and great post going but totally blew it with your very last statement. Does talking about all the things you mention make anyone a bigot ?

No

Old 03-31-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Guess you never watched "To catch a predator".

Why doesn't the media ever deal with the fact white men commit child molestation 10x the rate of blacks?
I'm sure you made up the figure 10X but actaully white men out number black men by maybe 6X-8X so I'd suspect because there are more white Pervs to start.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Did the perp in this crime get a free pass like Zimmerman? That`s the issue.
zimmerman has not gotten a free pass-that's the point.

he is going before a grand jury investigation and then we will see what happens after all the evidence is presented.

i will tell you who got a free pass from the media-those looters who robbed the walgreen's "in response" to the trayvon incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRQpMBQskT0

has obama called them out, or even addressed the issue?

ALL of us have to pay more for our goods at stores because of incidents like this, and it disproportionately affects the poor among us. the trayvon incident is a tragedy, but there is a bigger tragedy playing out in america right now-----and that is unaddressed out-of-control behavior.

i would like to see a jury convened for all those looters.

why is it that it seems when we have white flash mobs they usually start dancing and singing, but when we have black flash mobs they often are looting stores? black merchants, no doubt, are being affected by these looting episodes.

Last edited by floridasandy; 03-31-2012 at 05:21 AM..

Old 03-31-2012, 05:44 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'm sure you made up the figure 10X but actaully white men out number black men by maybe 6X-8X so I'd suspect because there are more white Pervs to start.
Well that a start. White men commit more sexual crimes,and they also lead in arson.

Haha,you admitted there are more white pervs,something we already knew in the black community.

In any event,if drug laws were tossed out(Ron Paul spoke about this) there would be less black men in prison.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
In any event,if drug laws were tossed out(Ron Paul spoke about this) there would be less black men in prison.
I agree with RP on this issue, prohibition creates criminals. It's one of the areas that needs to be addressed.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Its getting to the point it might be best to just keep them on their side of town and let them eradicate each other. No hope, as far as rehabilitation. We gave them one of their own as president and all they did was take a four year vacation instead of using the situation to advance their cause in a positive way.
Maybe its best to continue to let them killing each other off.
Bill Cosby said it best and they ran him off.
Thanks for showing that your a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies