Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 08:48 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,672,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
It's not?

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

The answer to ones personal safety is do what the Kennedy's do and segregate. What's the black crime rate in Martha's Vinyard? Exactly.

Safety is a basic human need, for most of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 08:53 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post

Safety is a basic human need, for most of us.
Agreed. Which is why I stay away from poor rural areas.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:22 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Sigh...not the African argument again.

Let me ask you this: Are most Africans (who live in Africa) successful and crime free? If not, why?

Hint: Almost all of the African immigrants that come to the US, are middle/upper-class. They usually get here by way of student VISA. So, right off the bat, you have folks from a middle/upper-class background who are pursuing higher education. What else would this people do, besides succeed?

These African immigrants are on par with middle/upper class African-Americans, so I'm not sure why there's always a need to compare them to AAs who are on welfare.

If we're going to do a comparison, let's keep it honest.

More excuses.....who wuld(sp) have thunk(sp) it.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Some rural areas I stay AWAY from too and I'm white. I'm talking about white "Deliverance" type places most back east. Black ghettos and most Hispanic barrios I'm edgy in too.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
More excuses.....who wuld(sp) have thunk(sp) it.
So, no intelligent response to my socio-economic comparison? Do you know the difference between an excuse and a comparison?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:56 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,215,957 times
This isn't a subject that can ever seem to be debated without it going out of control within minutes. Here in Chicago there are as many black people as white people. Black people are 75% of the murders and whites are 4%. Those are pretty crazy stats, but it's never ever discussed out loud.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:54 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,664,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
This isn't a subject that can ever seem to be debated without it going out of control within minutes. Here in Chicago there are as many black people as white people. Black people are 75% of the murders and whites are 4%. Those are pretty crazy stats, but it's never ever discussed out loud.
I dunno why white people even care how often black people kill each other. It might as well be Iraq for most white people.

One reason (among many) is that there is no credible police here in the inner city. If I get rolled here, no one will follow up. I've never called the cops in my life even though I've experienced serious crime (a home invasion with my baby son inside, I was out at the time for example). People take care of things themselves more around these parts, it's a very small world and everyone knows whose ****ing over who. When people are forced to take justice in their own hands, outsiders just view that as more crime and mayhem. Well it is and isn't. The bottom line is you can pick up 911 and get a response, people in my neighborhood can't.

Another story for you, some old lady a couple houses from mine called the cops to tell them her house was on fire. They showed up....hours later when the house and her went up in smoke.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:57 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
End welfare, get fathers back in the home is a good start.
When the father has 6 or more kids by 6 different women which home do you get him back into???

Last edited by Houston3; 04-01-2012 at 02:20 AM..

Old 04-01-2012, 06:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Poor rural areas in Maryland have a far lower crime rate than PG County and better schools to boot.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I saw this stat somewhere in regards to Chicago, I was shocked. I always thought Chicago was a Blacker city hence the crime but they only make up a third as do whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies