Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 12:53 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I agree with RP on this issue, prohibition creates criminals. It's one of the areas that needs to be addressed.
To some extent. Prohibition just creates an environment where criminals can prosper.

If you made all drugs legal tomorrow there would certainly be some that would turn straight....however, some scumbag with no real skills in life making 200k a year selling drugs....isn't going to go apply for an $8/hour job.

Those guys will merely transition to other types of crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 12:57 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What's your solution Edward?
White Power??

Old 03-31-2012, 01:50 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
When black people WERE enslaved by white people, their murder rate was infinitesimal.
This is an interesting point, and brings up another inconvenient truth: the breakdown of the black family/community began around the time of desegregation laws and the civil rights movement.

I'm certain I'm not the only one who wants to know why that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
There is a book and here's the movie. There's 10 parts.

"BLACK LIKE ME" (1964) - Part 1 - YouTube
Thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
One more article. White man who altered himself to look black reveals chilling accounts of racism, oppression | Jet | Find Articles

I hope no one is going to take any of this information personal. No one person represents a race of people or is responsible for the actions of individuals. It's all about understanding why some things are the way they are.
Thanks for the link, and I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Google it. It also helps if you grew up in a black community or have spent significant time in a black community. If you haven't, no offense, but you really have no clue of the mindset of the black community.
Most people don't know or understand the mindset of any community other than their own which is why tension between different races, ethnicities, cultures, and religious groups will always be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I don't care what the statistics say, Trayvon was an innocent African American child with a promising future assasinated in cold blood by a white coward with a gun....
Zimmerman is latino.

Quote:
who is of course "hiding"....cause that's what cowards do.
Who could blame him? Hollywood lunatics such as Spike Lee and Rosie O'Donnell keep trying to publish his home address and many are calling for his head on a plate. The man's already been tried and hanged by the mainstream media before he's been given due process. That is un-American.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
End welfare, get fathers back in the home is a good start.
Mission Impossible 5

Old 03-31-2012, 04:36 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Maybe if the White devil didn't push the Black man into a corner he wouldn't bite.
maybe if those blacks quit blaming white devils for all their problems they wouldn't wind up being "victims" so often, ready to be exploited by predatory community leaders.

i will tell you what the failure is in the poor black community (which is the same as in any poor community). those are often single family homes where the mothers don't have the tools or the time to point their kids in the right direction--and a lot of them weren't taught anything by their own mothers/grandmothers/etc.

if the government really wanted to help those people (which it clearly does not) we would see workshops around the country helping these parents interact with their children, find out what the child is interested in, get the child FOCUSED and started on the right direction. all these rudderless children are unhappy, unfulfilled, usually poor, and not going to be able to live up to their potential.

where are all those dads anyway??????

it's pretty hard to say "i screwed up", but it isn't hard at all to say "it's somebody else's fault".

what about business classes to start them learning about finance? it sure would beat the heck out of watching those you tube videos where the poor are just waiting around for their "handout". i only need to remind people that the government, when push comes to shove, will NOT be watching your backs-look at greece or any other heavily indebted country where the SHTF.

don't think it isn't coming here, either.

inflation ROLLS back towards the united states.

how many of these poor parents are even watching their children to see what they are interested in? how many have looked for mentors? have talked to their children about their goals?

Last edited by floridasandy; 03-31-2012 at 04:47 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 04:48 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I definitely do. Crime as a whole (regardless of race) would go down significantly. We'd also save thousands of Mexican lives a year. The Drug War is financially draining this country and doing nothing to stop the use of drugs. All it does is inflate the prices and flood our jails.

See Portugal for a great example of how a change in drug policy can actually lower its use and greatly reduce crime rates. They chose to legalize everything and heavily fund rehab, counseling, etc.
a good article today on CNN online regarding the prison situation. here is an excerpt:

In the past two decades, the money that states spend on prisons has risen at six times the rate of spending on higher education. In 2011, California spent $9.6 billion on prisons, versus $5.7 billion on higher education. Since 1980, California has built one college campus; it's built 21 prisons. The state spends $8,667 per student per year. It spends about $50,000 per inmate per year.

isn't that mind-boggling?

ron paul is right about so many things.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,109,304 times
Default Will the MSM ever deal with the fact young Black males kill at 10 times the rate of Whites and Hispanics combined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Guess you never watched "To catch a predator".

Why doesn't the media ever deal with the fact white men commit child molestation 10x the rate of blacks?
You are off topic! We are not talking about child molestation.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:50 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
There are few things I dislike more than:

-young teens acting like dumbasses, committing violent acts just for the hell of it
-young teens acting like jackasses in school, preventing other kids from getting an education
-deadbeat Dads who have no conscious
-Mothers who have multiple children with said dead beat Dad(s)
-those who milk the welfare system

But honestly, what do you want me to do about it? The only thing I can do is work on my family.

What some fail to recognize (or choose to ignore) is that a lot of black on black crime involves drug activity. I would love to see what the black community would look like if drugs became legal. I doubt that they will become legalized though because the communities most severely affected are minorities. Folks aren’t as motivated to end the violence of the Prohibition era. I wonder why??

Old 03-31-2012, 06:52 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
End welfare, get fathers back in the home is a good start.
Ed, isn't your brother being raised by your single mother? Isn't your brother's father back in Africa?

Perhaps your teaching moments should start in your own family.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:03 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
Maybe the FACTS pointed out by the OP should have an influence on our immigration policies???

Maybe.....just maybe certain "groups" are a better fit for living in a modern society when compared to other "groups".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies