Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
+100
See Post #218.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
If you poll the people here on CD it looks about 50-50 on who's at fault. Unless they pick a completely biased jury I can't imagine a conviction.

As of today, there is way enough evidence that supports reasonable doubt.

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
#1-Fight or flight does not necessarily equal Trayvon hitting Zimmerman first. He very well could have. But only a fool would claim to know what happened.

#2-Zimmerman was not beaten to a bloody pulp. I think that claim has been effectively squashed.
You draw your conclusions, I'll draw mine.

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
ChocLot"#2-Zimmerman was not beaten to a bloody pulp. I think that claim has been effectively squashed"

Did you not see his boo boo 36 minutes after he murdered Martin?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
One doesn't have to have blood drawn by their attacker before they use lethal force.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Actually I missed your comment. We're not talking about a criminal mastermind here, he was already suspended 3 times in a year. He seemed to get caught quite frequently.

He goes to the store. First time getting the lay of the land and he notices the homes are pretty nice on the way back and starts peering into homes. He's from Miami it's not like rain would be a foreign concept to him.
Again, who cases homes at night? Who can even notice the details of a home at night? Not to mention that none of these properties stand out as "pretty nice".

If you're casing a home, it's not just to see how nice it is. It's also to see if there's an alarm system in place, a dog, homeowners home during the day, etc. NONE of these things can be effectively checked out when it's dark outside.

There's no proof that any "peering" was taking place. Stop playing.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
EDwardA, No doubt he was arrested based on facts. The reality is SYG does come with constraints; it is not the hunting license this vigilante thought it was.
The idiot rots in his cell tonight because he WANTED to KILL. The time he decided that was when he ignored the logical advice of the 911 operator.

Are the masses happy over todays news? Yes, as most people despise murderers.. But Zimmerman remained unharmed for 2 months; peaceful protests ensued, just as they have for 200 years. If you dislike peaceful protest, I'd suggest you ask the Tea Party leaders to be thrown in jail; they use the same techniques.

PS, Even though I find the crook in training comment racist as there is no reason not to based on your other rants, the reality is a cop who used deadly force on a burglar would face internal hearings, which could cost him his job and his liberty.
Some people have visions of "007 License to Kill" fantasy come true, which is why this legislation is so ambiguous ansd dangerous.

I for one, am very happy for Trayvon's parents. His mother said that she might finally get some peace in her heart. That is what most of us empathize with...a mother and father knowing that the son they loved is acknowledged as a person that had rights and not just some nameless victim to be swept under the rug.

Zimmerman should also look forward to coming out in the open with his defense. If he stands by his claims, it should be a relief for him to state so and be tried by a jury as opposed to being tried and judged in the court of public opinion. This is justice served and everyone should be glad that this is going through the due process of law.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-11-2012 at 09:39 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You draw your conclusions, I'll draw mine.
That's where we differ. I'm not drawing anything because I don't know the facts. I will discuss the evidence as it comes to light. I'm certainly not going to look foolish claiming to know things that I don't.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
LOL-Edward. This clown has changed his story so often, he has no credibility. There will be a plea bargain, no doubt, as a conviction of 2nd degree, with his past criminal record, would mean life, no doubt. I'm sure his lawyer and GZ will play up no deal for a while, but when its getting too close to the start of the court case, they'll bend at the knees and take the deal. Than GZ can practice SYG in the prison courtyard with other murderers.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
That's where we differ. I'm not drawing anything because I don't know the facts. I will discuss the evidence as it comes to light. I'm certainly not going to look foolish claiming to know things that I don't.
The State Prosecuter obviously knows a lot more than we do, which enabled her to decide on the charges that she brought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies