Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:24 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times

Advertisements

Zimmerman's credibility is "zero." I don't believe anything he says anymore, after he lied about the money....(come to think of it, I never believed him even before he lied about the money).....

Think,.. if he could lie to the JUDGE about that, what else might he lie about?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Documents Tell Zimmerman’s Side in Martin Shooting

"Zimmerman said he was driving when he first passed by Martin, who he saw "leisurely looking" at a home that had been robbed before in the Retreat at Twin Lakes gated apartment community. "

Anyone want to see the original transcript of the 911 call? Where does he even mention that Martin was looking at a home that had been previously robbed? Please show me once where even said he was looking into houses! He said he was "suspicious" and "just looking around." PERIOD

He is trying to cover his behind and, just like the recorded calls about the money and his statements at the bond hearing, this video is full of contradictions.

Sorry, I tried to be impartial before and only said he should be held accountable for Martin's death, but he has lost his credibility by lying over and over. Again, this man looks very calm and has no serious injuries the day after he claims he was seconds away from becoming a vegetable.
I'd like a link to where he said he was seconds away from becoming a vegetable. An actual transcript or video, and not just something in your imagination.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I can't watch/listen to video/audio tonight, so I'm stuck with the broken nose issue. When gz is found guilty, I'm half-expecting you to say, 'See, he didn't have a broken nose.'

Not all broken noses look like a mass of mashed tissue and bone pointing every which way. Not every broken nose even requires medical attention. From his Dr.'s report and the looks of it, he had the type of broken nose that athletes get, leave the game for a while, and come back in.

The head injuries always mattered more to me. If, for instance, the crime scene photos show no blood on concrete, that would be serious.

As for his appearance. Would you expect a white supremacist with a swastika and heil hitler tattoo on his forearm to wear a short sleeve shirt in court ? Or the adulterous woman seeking bond for murdering her hubby to wear a low cut dress ? Trying to look 'better' for the legal system is so routine, you finding it strange is strange.
His doctor said that he may have a broken nose.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You still cling to that?
The severity of his injuries have no bearing on
whether he feared for his life and acted in self defense.
Fact is Zimmerman had injuries consistent with being beaten up.
Martin's only injuries were bruised knuckles and a bullet wound.
In the audio he said that TM was circling his car and then left. He then got out of the car to see where he went. If someone is circling your car why would you get out of your car in the first place? Any normal person would call the police and get out of there.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'd like a link to where he said he was seconds away from becoming a vegetable. An actual transcript or video, and not just something in your imagination.
His brother said it.

His brother, who he had apparently not seen in years, said George was "one head pounding away from being a vegetable and having to be spoon fed for the rest of his life."

Google it.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
His brother said it.

His brother, who he had apparently not seen in years, said George was "one head pounding away from being a vegetable and having to be spoon fed for the rest of his life."

Google it.
My question wasn't directed to you, but thank you for answering that indeed, George DID NOT say anything about becoming a vegetable.

You made my point. I already knew his brother said it. That's not what the poster said, though.

When someone lies and/or spreads ridiculous rumors whilst getting quotes completely wrong or out of context, the result is: CREDIBILITY..........ZERO!!!!!

99% of the nonsense in these Sweet Little Trayvon threads is lies and innuendo spawned by erratic imaginations.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
In the video, the neighborhood watch captain claims he "didn't know the name of the street he was on."

George, you were on Twin Tree Lane. There are four streets in the gated community and Twin Tree Lane is the street that is the actual entrance to the community from the main artery (Oregon).

So George goes in and out the main entrance every day but doesn't know the name of the street.
I don't get that either. He said in one of the audio's that he knew most of the people and children that lived there but he didn't know the street names.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Here you go...
You really missed this?

Quote:
George was out of breath … his last thing he remembers doing was moving his head from the concrete to the grass, so that if he was banged one more time he wouldn’t be — you know, wearing diapers for the rest of his life and being spoon fed by his brother,” he said, “There would have been George dead had he not acted decisively and instantaneously in that moment.”

Yet another version of the story comes from George Zimmerman’s brother, Robert Jr., who told CNN’s Piers Morgan this week that his brother was jumped from behind by Martin, and shot the teen in order to save himself from becoming a vegetable, due to his head being repeatedly bashed into the ground.
Trayvon Martin case: George Zimmerman's evolving narrative | theGrio

Since GZ had his brother speak on his behalf, we can safely assume that his brother was retelling the story the way GZ told it to him.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here you go...
You really missed this?

Trayvon Martin case: George Zimmerman's evolving narrative | theGrio

Since GZ had his brother speak on his behalf, we can safely assume that his brother was retelling the story the way GZ told it to him.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I don't get that either. He said in one of the audio's that he knew most of the people and children that lived there but he didn't know the street names.
It makes perfect sense to me. I lived for 20 years on a drive surrounded by other roads all of which began with the letter A. I knew the name of the drive I lived on and certainly never had a problem finding my way home, but I couldn't tell you the order of the other roads. When people asked for directions, I told them they would pass a bunch of roads beginning with the letter A, and when they got to mine, to turn right onto my drive.

I've lived at my current location for nearly a year and couldn't tell you the name of the street 1 block over. I have no reason to know or care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies