Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Because selling the pride t-shirts actively puts down no group of people.

Selling anti-gay t-shirts actively puts down a group of people.

Logic.
Careful, you are discussing a social issue with a conservative. The term "logic" is more likely than not totally alien to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,793 times
Toilet paper costs more at Target than Walmart, as do many other things.

Wallyworld is where I'm hangin my umbrella!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
[quote=Katie1;24436995]Soon they will have to go Nekked! Boy wont the Kiddies ask mom about this LOL Gee Mommy If he Nekked WHY cant I be Nekked???

Great.....Here is another fashion statement or two...

People of Walmart - Music Video - YouTube

Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times
I will continue to shop at Target and support gay marriage but I sure don't support "Everything" that is thrown out there by the GLBT community. Not like you can get agreement between Gay, Lesbians, Bis and Trans either.
I seem to equally be at odds with the Libs and Conservs.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Social engineering through mass-marketed retail is where I draw the line.
Why? Target has been selling "graphic tees" (often with political and/or social messages) for years, but I guess you never noticed since they didn't offend you - or because it wasn't brought to your attention. I actually love their men's graphic tees, even though I'm a woman, and have bought more than a few over the years. Matter of fact, I might go buy one of those pride shirts now! Some examples of their current stock:

Political-ish
Target.com : Furniture, Baby, Electronics, Toys,...: Target

Oh my goooodness - should I and my fellow Jewish Americans protest this one?

Pro-military? I bet some Berkeley liberals wouldn't like that, LOL.

You could say these promote alcoholism... college/underage drinking in particular, since we all know that's who uses those red cups.

Haha - I want to get this one for my (Pug-owning) brother.

And last but not least, they're promoting heterosexuality and promiscuity too!!

Sheesh, talk about shooting oneself in the foot... you guys aren't going to have anywhere left to shop, if you get your panties in a wad over some t-shirts at Target. I mean, seriously?? They also sell Bibles and crucifix necklaces there, but you don't see us non-Christians getting all outraged over it.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-23-2012 at 10:02 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I will continue to shop at Target and support gay marriage but I sure don't support "Everything" that is thrown out there by the GLBT community. Not like you can get agreement between Gay, Lesbians, Bis and Trans either.
Do you support everything "thrown out there" by the heterosexual community, and do we agree on all issues? Nope. So why would you expect things to be any different with the LGBTQ community? They are individuals just like us, and will have differing opinions on various things... and we/they don't have to LIKE it all, we should just be accepting of their rights to say it.

Quote:
I seem to equally be at odds with the Libs and Conservs.
Or maybe you're just odd... sorry, couldn't resist! (j/k)

Old 05-23-2012, 10:13 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
I guess conservatives are now against capitalism and free enterprise. Hypocrites!
It's more of people having the right to know how their money is being spent by those they do business with, and their right to spend it elsewhere.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The AFA says Target is "ramming same-sex marriage down the throats of the American people".
Something just sounds wrong about that without considering how ignorant it is to claim they're forcing it on people when you have the option to either buy the shirt, or not buy it. You even have the option to avoid the clothing area of the store or the store in general. But, as usual with that crowd, they make it out like they're out in the streets putting the shirts on everyone and beating up anyone who refuses them.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
It's more of people having the right to know how their money is being spent by those they do business with, and their right to spend it elsewhere.
Do you examine every single product at every single store where you shop? Are you aware of the products (and owners' political or social opinions) in every supermarket, mass retailer, gas station, restaurant, etc, where you have spent money? If so, I would say you're more aware than 99% of consumers in this country... but heaven forbid they have a few t-shirts with rainbows and messages of harmony/love, and people are acting like there was a store-sponsored orgy in Aisle 10.

Yes, you have the right to know what is being sold, which can easily be accomplished by visiting their websites or stores - and you also have the right to boycott whatever merchants offend you. But why make this into a big media issue, as these conservative groups are doing? I don't really see the point in that, unless they're trying to push their own agenda or drive the company out of business. Thankfully most people don't care about these loonies, and AFAIK this type of "protest" hasn't caused any other businesses to go bankrupt yet. Gotta give them credit for persistence, though!

Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Something just sounds wrong about that without considering how ignorant it is to claim they're forcing it on people when you have the option to either buy the shirt, or not buy it. You even have the option to avoid the clothing area of the store or the store in general. But, as usual with that crowd, they make it out like they're out in the streets putting the shirts on everyone and beating up anyone who refuses them.
Yup. I don't believe in Jesus, but it doesn't make me feel like they're "shoving Christianity down my throat" by selling crucifix jewelry.

Oh noes, somebody might catch the gay by walking past a rainbow t-shirt!! For the love of Buddha, this is just beyond ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies