Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Those "job creators" are not creating jobs. Even after 12 years of tax breaks. Hello?

Do we, the American tax payers, have to give them even more tax breaks (free stuff) before they will create a job or two?
Everyone needs to remember this fact, business' do NOT "pay" taxes, they collect them (for the government) from the consumer.
This translates to you and I paying more taxes. Tax increases on business have been used for decades as a back door way to get money from the people that the government knows would cause an uproar if they did it the honest and upfront way.
Almost every time costs are raised on the producers it is passed right on down to we, the consumers.

So, for all those that are "oh so happy" to see increased costs for the producers I hope y'all are just as happy to pay more for their products.

Y'all want everyone to pay their fair share? FLAT TAX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Everyone needs to remember this fact, business' do NOT "pay" taxes, they collect them (for the government) from the consumer.
This translates to you and I paying more taxes. Tax increases on business have been used for decades as a back door way to get money from the people that the government knows would cause an uproar if they did it the honest and upfront way.
Almost every time costs are raised on the producers it is passed right on down to we, the consumers.

So, for all those that are "oh so happy" to see increased costs for the producers I hope y'all are just as happy to pay more for their products.

Y'all want everyone to pay their fair share? FLAT TAX.
Go one further. Flat tax, no write offs. Of course this is for earned income. Investments have to be handled differently because of the risk of losing money one year and making it back the next. Unless you allow for negative taxes during years of loss....wouldn't that be interesting?

If you go a flat tax no write offs, how much of the IRS could you eliminate?

An even better idea is sales or value added taxes then no one can work under the table or illegally without paying taxes. I wonder how much revenue we'd gain/or taxes the legal public would save if drug dealers had to pay taxes at the register. I hear it's a big business in this country. I also hear we have a lot of illegal aliens working without paying taxes. It catches them too.

Maybe the solution to our debt problem is a federal sales tax. Everyone would pay this. Even the drug dealers and those working under the table.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Go one further. Flat tax, no write offs. Of course this is for earned income. Investments have to be handled differently because of the risk of losing money one year and making it back the next. Unless you allow for negative taxes during years of loss....wouldn't that be interesting?

An even better idea is sales or value added taxes then no one can work under the table or illegally without paying taxes. I wonder how much revenue we'd gain/or taxes the legal public would save if drug dealers had to pay taxes at the register. I hear it's a big business in this country. I also hear we have a lot of illegal aliens working without paying taxes. It catches them too.

Maybe the solution to our debt problem is a federal sales tax. Everyone would pay this. Even the drug dealers and those working under the table.
Kind of sounds like the Fair Tax (which I support btw). Unless there's a great uproar from "we the people" it'll never happen because (I think) the government loses so much control without the IRS.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:05 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I'd rather spend government tax dollars on bombs and planes rather than on an overpriced edsel like the Chevy Volt.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:13 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd rather spend government tax dollars on bombs and planes rather than on an overpriced edsel like the Chevy Volt.
Yep, at least you get to kill a few people thus eliminating their carbon footprints.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Let all the Bush tax cuts expire, they are evil, and the main cause for our federal deficits, according to you guys. In fact, raise taxes on everyone in the top 10% by 20%, then increase the corporate tax rate and the capital gains taxes by 20% too. Then sit back and watch the economy explode. Because we all know that government knows best how to spend all of our money. Obama's corny capitalism with green energy proved this is all true.
Yes defecits and massive spending means nothing tax them evil rich guys .
All hail Obama

Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime
Sounds like someone needs a nap! Are you still grumpy because "he who dares not reveal his tax returns" lost? It's ok because Uncle Obama said that he can come over to the Whitehouse and play as long as it is nicely

mitt was extended a hand in helping this country get back on it's feet, due to his "financial expertise".
Obama did this after the 2008 election, extended his hand to McCain, of course it was just a show just like it is now. We got what Americans voted for and will suffer the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You dont think its a little hypocritical to be asking Mitt for help? I thought he, and he alone was destroying america, outsourcing jobs, only cared about himself, now you want him to come in and bail out Obama?
Yep, it's hypocritical. Obama is hypocritical but this does not surprise me, he is well known for passing his work off on others.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Flat tax would mean the poor would have to pay ,you do not have a grasp of new America
Poor pay nothing are given welfare and food stamps for life while we should tax the evil rich at a 100 percent because their money should be for all to use

Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 AM

Does anyone know how much Americans spend each year on taxable items? I'm wondering how much of a federal tax you'd have to put on taxable goods to eliminate the federal income tax alltogether.

If you think about it, there are a lot of people who pay no taxes. Illegal aliens, drug dealers and those who get lots of write offs. If they started paying, what would our tax bills look like?

What would happen if we eliminated federal taxes and enacted a federal sales tax instead? The evil rich would pay more because they spend more. The poor would take more home and could decide how to spend it or to save it. You could elminate the IRS.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Flat tax would mean the poor would have to pay ,you do not have a grasp of new America
Poor pay nothing are given welfare and food stamps for life while we should tax the evil rich at a 100 percent because their money should be for all to use
They should pay...or forfiet their right to vote. If you're not paying the bill, you shouldn't be making the decision for those who are.

I agree it will never happen. There are too many taking from the system. They outnumber us. But we can vote with our feet. I wonder what will happen if the baby boomers decide to take their retirement incomes and leave the country?

This election has dh and I thinking abot leaving. If not now, at retirement. There are places where we can live better on less where the weather is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies