Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 11:27 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times

Advertisements

Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Kroger Food Store

Kroger Confronts Obamacare by Reducing Employee Hours | FreedomWorks

The sad thing about the layoffs and reduced hours is that the very people that need income the most are the ones being hurt by ObamaCare. Yet these people are likely the ones that voted for him. That said, I am hopeful those people who voted for Obama are the ones hurt most...because they deserve it for being so damn stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 11:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse, Kroger Food Store

Kroger Confronts Obamacare by Reducing Employee Hours | FreedomWorks
But they did hire lots of new employees so they can juggle hours and still keep people under 30.
At 29 hours they tell you to clock out. You don't work again until the next pay period starts.

My son has spent the last 2 weeks doing nothing but training new employees at his restaurant.
He's loving it because he gets $1.00/hour more when he trains.

Some of his friends are actually job hopping now because of all the openings and going to the better, higher class restaurants for jobs.

It's great for college students right now with the hiring going on.
And I haven't heard of job hopping for a long time now but it's happening.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:34 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
I must say it's kind of amusing to read the indignation, disbelief, shock and anger that's been expressed on these boards the last few days, as more and more companies announce lay-offs/hour reductions.

Didn't ANYONE on the left pay attention to the bill? I mean, we know those that voted on it didn't read it...but come on now. It's been over a year, and you've had plenty of warning (from the right mostly) about these 'unintended consequences'. Did you think it was just made-up fear mongering? Did you think companies will just absorb additional costs??

Truly...why are some sooooo surprised??
This is the logical consequence of forcing employers to pay for health care for full time employees. Another consequence will be increased prices in grocery stores, pharmacies and at the gas pump as businesses try to generate enough income to cover the extra expenses for the full time employees they have to cover. As a result of obamacare, if you don't have a full time job, good luck finding one but it's ok, two 29 hour per week jobs will be needed to pay the higher prices you'll be paying for luxuries like food, clothing, sundries and gas.

I am finding it quite amusing, in a very sad way, that people actually thought nothing would change other than employers would open their pockets and bleed red ink. Sorry, they're not like the government. They can't just print money and rack up more debt. They have to be fiscally responsible or go out of business.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But they did hire lots of new employees so they can juggle hours and still keep people under 30.
At 29 hours they tell you to clock out. You don't work again until the next pay period starts.

My son has spent the last 2 weeks doing nothing but training new employees at his restaurant.
He's loving it because he gets $1.00/hour more when he trains.

Some of his friends are actually job hopping now because of all the openings and going to the better, higher class restaurants for jobs.

It's great for college students right now with the hiring going on.
And I haven't heard of job hopping for a long time now but it's happening.
The people it will be great for are the ones who want to work part time and the ones who want a second job. It's a disaster for those who want a full time job with benefits. Now instead of having a full time job without benefits, they won't have either. But you will see unemployment rates go down because there will be plenty of under 30 hour per week jobs to be had. They just won't be making a full time wage.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The people it will be great for are the ones who want to work part time and the ones who want a second job. It's a disaster for those who want a full time job with benefits. Now instead of having a full time job without benefits, they won't have either.
That's not how it was supposed to work out on paper.
The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry.

If the Obamacare didn't make that "30 hours is now full time" ruling these folks wouldn't have been effected.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:58 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's not how it was supposed to work out on paper.
The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry.

If the Obamacare didn't make that "30 hours is now full time" ruling these folks wouldn't have been effected.
I think that Obamacare wished to include ALL employees, but knew it could only go so far (down to 30 hrs), before Obamacare wouldn't work.... even on paper.

(I'm not saying that it is workable, sustainable, in present form either....)

Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,502,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
I must say it's kind of amusing to read the indignation, disbelief, shock and anger that's been expressed on these boards the last few days, as more and more companies announce lay-offs/hour reductions.

Didn't ANYONE on the left pay attention to the bill? I mean, we know those that voted on it didn't read it...but come on now. It's been over a year, and you've had plenty of warning (from the right mostly) about these 'unintended consequences'. Did you think it was just made-up fear mongering? Did you think companies will just absorb additional costs??

Truly...why are some sooooo surprised??
I think many on the left are just not exposed to the 'business side' of business.

They have a job at a university, or with government, or are a union worker, or work for a large company, and they may be even somewhat, anti-business. They haven't seen the books, or even heard about trying to keep the cash-flow, or anything else, balanced. They don't know the owner may be the last to be paid, if he's lucky, etc, etc. What shocks me is when a SMALL business owner is on the left! I have met one - though he was also a retired policeman from Chicago (first! ).

And I think they so badly want their 'pie in the sky' -- they think it is just so 'right' -- it just has to happen, come hell or high water. So they are a bit taken by the ensuing hell and high water.....

Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Sounds like someone needs a nap! Are you still grumpy because "he who dares not reveal his tax returns" lost? It's ok because Uncle Obama said that he can come over to the Whitehouse and play as long as it is nicely

mitt was extended a hand in helping this country get back on it's feet, due to his "financial expertise". Now far as I'm concern this will show what type of a man that he is if he accepts and if he really believes in this country. We shall see
Slimetime, are you still whining about Mitt Romney not submitting every tax return for the last ten years, something he is not legally required to do?

I wouldn't help this ass hole either. Let Obama own this (as he already does). Most of us realize that it's not "Bush's fault." Boy Obama cannot take responsibility for his own ineptness (it's really ignorance). Or is it that Dinesh D'Souza is right? We shall see.

At any rate, I wouldn't give this man a hand if it was to save his sorry ass. Let him die, as he did the four Americans in Benghazi. The man is a traitor. Charge him, impeach him, and punish him to the full extent of the law. For treason, it should be death by firing squad.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Sorry, but last I checked, businesses knew this was coming.

Only the strong survive.

And using an industry that everyone knows is a part-time industry? Really?
I love how the left wing has turned from the party which demands full time jobs, and full benefits using forces like unions, to.. who gives a **** if no one can find work and companies cant afford it..

Really?

Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Sounds like someone needs a nap! Are you still grumpy because "he who dares not reveal his tax returns" lost? It's ok because Uncle Obama said that he can come over to the Whitehouse and play as long as it is nicely

mitt was extended a hand in helping this country get back on it's feet, due to his "financial expertise". Now far as I'm concern this will show what type of a man that he is if he accepts and if he really believes in this country. We shall see
You dont think its a little hypocritical to be asking Mitt for help? I thought he, and he alone was destroying america, outsourcing jobs, only cared about himself, now you want him to come in and bail out Obama?

Nothing says failure like asking the loser for help...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies