Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 03:05 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Seems like the talk about layoffs is really cranking up lately. Hopefully its just talk. America cannot afford to lose more jobs. There are so many programs to pay for and I maybe a simple thinker but working people pay the bills or has that changed? We need more workers to pay for the next four years of spending or am I missing the Santa conversation? Even Santa needed a lot of helpers.....Elves! No more layoff talk, please.....
Unfortunately, there is more lay off talk to come. obama will usher in a full blown depression before he's out of office. Of course he'll just blame Bush.

All you can do is try and protect yourself. I'm cutting spending, increasing contributions to my 401K (to reduce my taxes) and putting my assets into securities like gold, silver and foriegn bonds. All we can do is batton down the hatches and hang on for the ride. It's going to be bad. VERY BAD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I did see where Rush said "My brain tells me that we're going to win big on Tuesday, and if I don't know what I'm talking about, why are people listening to me"
He screwed up on this one, for sure, but what about him calling Obama, Santa Claus? Is he wrong about that, too?

Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sorry ~ you lost most of us at RUSH. That pretty much tells us all what we need to know.
You did just what leaners tend to do when you say you stopped reading at Rush. Ok, I am calling Obama Santa Claus these days and still you don't discuss that and why we would do such a nasty thing. You do know that most people love old Santa Claus because his presents don't cost the donee anything other than a vote now and then, I hope.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:36 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I did see where Rush said "My brain tells me that we're going to win big on Tuesday, and if I don't know what I'm talking about, why are people listening to me"
Rush's problem was he thought the rest of America was voting with their brains too.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Me too, I'm done caring what happens to these idiots any more. I wanted Romeny to win, not for political reasons, but because I knew how bad things would get if Obama had another four years.

I forgave them in 2004, figured they were just misguided, because he was an unknown quantity and they fell for the hype. Now they reelected Obama knowing what he was, and what his policies have done to us, they are welcome to the suffering they voted for.

I'm fresh out of sympathy for people who reelect the very man whose policies over three and a half years put 15 million of them into poverty. It takes a special kind of stupid to feed the hand that bites you.
Well said: "It takes a special kind of stupid to feed the hand that bites you."

I'm gonna steal that one.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:10 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He screwed up on this one, for sure, but what about him calling Obama, Santa Claus? Is he wrong about that, too?
Miss the part where he said "if I'm so wrong why would people be listening to me" huh?

He was so wrong, so why listen to him?

Old 11-09-2012, 04:21 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Seems like the talk about layoffs is really cranking up lately. Hopefully its just talk. America cannot afford to lose more jobs. There are so many programs to pay for and I maybe a simple thinker but working people pay the bills or has that changed? We need more workers to pay for the next four years of spending or am I missing the Santa conversation? Even Santa needed a lot of helpers.....Elves! No more layoff talk, please.....
Well, it is not just talk at all. There are lots of layoffs that have been announced and some businesses closing their door, not to mention the doctors that are now refusing to take Medicare or Medicaid patients. You ain't seen anything yet.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,226,730 times
I wouldn't underestimate "self-fulfilling prophesy" and certainly not fear; stock market is well known for being irrational and the losses last couple days are probably transient. Might as well buy stocks - they'll be going up again soon.

As for coal layoffs...wouldn't have mattered who won. Electric prices here in Pittsburgh - near the heart of coal country - are dirt cheap because of the boom in marcellus shale gas. Natural gas is taking market share from coal, and obviously coal guys don't like that but is is easier to blame politicians I guess. Who cares about facts and reality when it is so much more fun to rant and rave about Democrats, right?

We'll see what happen in Congress during the next several weeks to resolve revenue collection and spending issues. It's amazing how recalcitrant certain Republicans have become; it almost borders on sabotage and like they are believing in their own scaremongering, which is a dangerous thing.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I just thought I'd help you learn what you really voted for:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ets/budget.pdf

By 2016 $400 billion a year will go to servicing the debt.

by 2015, according to Obama's own appointees, OADI and the HI trust funds will be completely exhausted. You can find that in the SS Trustees Report.

Of course if the choice is to go over the fiscal cliff then those numbers will be even worse.

Maybe now you understand the sheer full weight and consequences of your vote for "moving forward?"

Probably not...

Why don't you listen to the Obamagogue you laid in bed with?
The*President's*Budget for*Fiscal Year 2013 | The White House

Will you compare it to mitt's plan? Oh thats right he did not tell you what it was because he LOST!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:19 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
I love all these sour grapes threads..Don't you all realize the tricks failed badly? Nobody cares what you righties have to say. You lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies