Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you seen the Rush rant about voting for real or voting for Santa Claus. Too many of the younger generation that came on for Obama were doing just that. I consider the handing out of contraceptive measures to be a form of Christmas giving that we never had before. Santa Claus may have to change his suit to one like Obama wears.
Sorry ~ you lost most of us at RUSH. That pretty much tells us all what we need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:22 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMD67 View Post
Regardless, it is still a company that employs people. People that may own home, people that have families and ,ouths to feed, people who may have kids in college, people who were previously laid off from another job and this was all they could find...
It.Employs.People.

welp you didnt complain before why complain now? people were losing there jobs and homes in 05 06 07 too etc etc

Old 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Hopefully the vast majority of layoffs are people that voted for Obama. They deserve it for being stupid...
How many of them will make more money, unemployed than when they had jobs? I wonder about that but I am sure that the ones you speak of see Obama as Santa Claus.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Except for the dude who fired 22 employees I don't see how any of this is related to the election. Could you please make the connection?
Look at these coming layoffs then:

PICKET: Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality - Washington Times

short synopsis:

Welch Allyn - was a proactive response to the Medical Device Tax mandated by the new healthcare law.

Dana Holding Corp. - "additional U.S. health care expenses".

Stryker - countering the medical device tax in Obamacare

Boston Scientific - the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses"

Medtronic - Obamacare taxes

A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:
Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs

Beyond the complete elimination of a significant number of American jobs is another looming problem created by the health care law - a shift from full-time to part-time workers.

Read More

Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The American public voted for this...give them what they want.

People need to learn that actions have consequences. I hoped we would be smart enough to learn from the trickle up poverty of the last 4 years...but the population of this country isn't that smart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
You are incorrect. I take no pleasure whatsoever in people being laid off.
I do. I'm with Toyman. Actions (or lack of actions) have consequences.

People need to learn that, and the faster they do, the better off everyone will be.

Agreeing...(with Toyman)...

Mircea

Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
According to the analysis so far, it appears those that have explicitly claimed it is because of Obamacare, seem to be doing so for political--not business--reasons. Cry-baby syndrome, it appears.

So basically, companies are still hiring even though Obamacare is going to destroy the world. Good to know.

Once again--the reason nobody takes you seriously. Keep calling your Fellow Americans fleas and parasites.
You aren't going to give small business people a chance to survive, are you.

I just handed out a rep point to jet graphics in which I stated that they probably wouldn't understand that post. I guess I was surely right.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:42 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Seems like the talk about layoffs is really cranking up lately. Hopefully its just talk. America cannot afford to lose more jobs. There are so many programs to pay for and I maybe a simple thinker but working people pay the bills or has that changed? We need more workers to pay for the next four years of spending or am I missing the Santa conversation? Even Santa needed a lot of helpers.....Elves! No more layoff talk, please.....

Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM

724 posts, read 592,967 times
Default Urban Legend

Man this urban legend is, i'm sure, a direct result of right wing propaganda combined with some pissed off Romney supporters cutting their nose off to spite their faces. No matter what happens, how painful it is, we need to tackle health care reform and the president was the only one that had the 6allz to do it. So if you don't like it then take your boy, Bohner's statement to heart, "Obama care is the law of the land." So pull your panties up, dust off your dolly and get on with life.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
So make up your mind. Do you want to cut the deficit and debt by government spending less, or do you want to keep defense contractors keeping people employed making items the military neither needs nor wants? Does government not create jobs, or does government spending directly influence employment?

Seriously, what do you want because you can't have it all?
The problem is we have NOTHING. We have government spending but where are the jobs? If we had something to show for the spending, it would still be bad, but we have NOTHING except a string of bankrupt alternative energy companies. Bankrupt companies don't employ anyone.

Unfortuntely, we're long past the point this could have been solved without a lot of pain. The spending has to stop. If you want to promote alternative energy, you HAVE TO CREATE A NEED FOR ALTERNATIVE ENERGY. Just because you make something doesn't mean the public will buy it. Talk to any business owner, they'll tell you it just doesn't work that way. Manufacturing something there is no demand for is just stupid.

Obviously, taxes have to go up, because of the mess obama has made, and where they need to go up is the 50% of American's who pay no taxes. Get everyone on board supporting the government.

If you want businesses employing people here, you need to make it easier and cheaper to do business here. Otherwise they do what they've been doing and open plants in China. Driving manufacturing from our shores is working so well, isn't it?

Slap a $2/gallon tax on gasoline...THAT will create all kinds of demand for alternative energy vehicles and they'll be cheap by comparison. Use the money to entice businesses back to our shores....businesses that employ people....who pay taxes...who contribute to paying off the national debt.

People, it is time to pay the bill BEFORE obama bankrupts us. The longer we wait, the more painful it will be. This is a wound that is badly infected and the infection is spreading. We need to amputate before we lose the patient.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:04 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I do. I'm with Toyman. Actions (or lack of actions) have consequences.

People need to learn that, and the faster they do, the better off everyone will be.

Agreeing...(with Toyman)...

Mircea
Me too, I'm done caring what happens to these idiots any more. I wanted Romeny to win, not for political reasons, but because I knew how bad things would get if Obama had another four years.

I forgave them in 2004, figured they were just misguided, because he was an unknown quantity and they fell for the hype. Now they reelected Obama knowing what he was, and what his policies have done to us, they are welcome to the suffering they voted for.

I'm fresh out of sympathy for people who reelect the very man whose policies over three and a half years put 15 million of them into poverty. It takes a special kind of stupid to feed the hand that bites you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies