Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
War on Coal = Switching to Natural Gas, because it's cheaper, cleaner, and abundant............
The war on coal was declared by Obama during his first campaign and nothing has been done to make it look any better other than "fracking" for natural gas which the EPA doesn't like, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You can't support something and then just choose to ignore the fallout.
Business warned of layoffs and now they are happening.

Supporters of Obamacare should be concerned and angry that it didn't turn out the way they thought.
But those supporters should be glad that the businesses are just following Obama's orders.

REVENGE.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Paaleeze, businesses are pro business, period. They are not pro republican or democrat, they make their decisions based on the business needs. To think otherwise, is very, very naive or perhaps FOX like.
Surely you people can read the links about people having to lay off workers because of the impending disaster of Obamacare. When they see what Obamacare will do to them they have two choices other than just closing their doors. They can lower the number of employees or just drop their insurance policies and have to pay the fine for so doing. You are doing some great deflecting but you haven't said anything about what I say.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
According to the analysis so far, it appears those that have explicitly claimed it is because of Obamacare, seem to be doing so for political--not business--reasons. Cry-baby syndrome, it appears.

So basically, companies are still hiring even though Obamacare is going to destroy the world. Good to know.

Once again--the reason nobody takes you seriously. Keep calling your Fellow Americans fleas and parasites.
Nope, just for revenge. Isn't that what Obama called for?

Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Of course businesses are pro business. Who said otherwise?
Deflection is one of their main means of dealing with many things.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I don't know. While a lot of Americans may be misguided, and given the 2 choices that we were presented in this election that is quite obvious, I still don't advocate the suffering of my fellow Americans. I will agree however, that we are indeed in trouble.
Have you seen the Rush rant about voting for real or voting for Santa Claus. Too many of the younger generation that came on for Obama were doing just that. I consider the handing out of contraceptive measures to be a form of Christmas giving that we never had before. Santa Claus may have to change his suit to one like Obama wears.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you seen the Rush rant about voting for real or voting for Santa Claus. Too many of the younger generation that came on for Obama were doing just that. I consider the handing out of contraceptive measures to be a form of Christmas giving that we never had before. Santa Claus may have to change his suit to one like Obama wears.
I did see where Rush said "My brain tells me that we're going to win big on Tuesday, and if I don't know what I'm talking about, why are people listening to me"

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Keep burying your head.

"In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company. Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while simultaneously shifting investments and workers overseas - to China" [1]
Welp, here's the CD "joke of the day". There was no health care law back in October 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They had a crystal ball that told them Obama was going to win? I want one!
No crystal balls were needed since they could plainly see what they would have to do when Obamacare takes over. They were all ready, just in case he did win with his Santa Claus promises.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^You just go on taking great glee in someone being laid off. One day, it might be you! I hope you're as happy then.
But Kat, it seems that Santa Claus Obama is the main reason for most of these layoffs. Yesterday and Wednesday were lefty celebration days and now it is time for them to see what they really voted in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies