Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:45 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
They can't change flats if they get them on the highway. They are big supporters of Obamatirecare.
Thank you for the prefect illustration of why republicans failed to capture the Asian vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 03:01 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Asian Americans overwhelmingly backed Obama, Democrats - latimes.com
This is not a serious question. It is just another whiny conservative slap at people who voted for Obama. People like you would be less confused by Obama's victory if you didn't live so completely within a self-affirming, non-reality based right-wing thought bubble. The simple truth is, most people, Asian or otherwise, didn't want what Mitt and Ryan were selling. Case closed.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Simple. To the older generation Asians, The GOP reminds them of the communist/authoritarian regimes that drove them away from their motherland.

To the younger generation Asians, the GOP is symbolic of the close mindedness that many Asians find appalling.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Almost all of the top 10 wealthiest and most educated counties in the US overwhelmingly voted for Obama. I'd call that hard-working and ambitious. Most intelligent academics vote Democratic.

Quit getting your lies from Faux News. The Democratic party as a whole has a huge population of hard working, intelligent people. Inner City blacks and hispanics who want free cell phones are not the majority of the party.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:

When reality fails to align with our preconceived notions, it's very rarely reality that is at fault.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:38 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:

You never will get it. Asians = educated. Educated people have a vision for the future. They don't buy into the "we can't afford it" mentality of the Republican Party.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 11-10-2012 at 03:47 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 03:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Thank you for the prefect illustration of why republicans failed to capture the Asian vote.
You are welcome. Now explain to me again how Obama overwhelmingly won the educated vote.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
You never will get it. Asians = educated.
Romney won the college educated vote. Why don't you just cut and paste that fact?

Old 11-10-2012, 03:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Almost all of the top 10 wealthiest and most educated counties in the US overwhelmingly voted for Obama. I'd call that hard-working and ambitious. Most intelligent academics vote Democratic.

Quit getting your lies from Faux News. The Democratic party as a whole has a huge population of hard working, intelligent people. Inner City blacks and hispanics who want free cell phones are not the majority of the party.
So does that nearly 7 million people suddenly became uneducated?

Obama won the popular vote with 61 million or so votes in 2012 and 69 million or so in 2008.

The amount of eligible voters increased by 10 million from 230 million to 240 million over that same time period.

Obama should have won with 72 million votes but he lost 11 million over the past 4 years.

4.6% of the voting population gave up on Obama.

59 million voted for McCain while 58 million voted for Romney.

What that tells me is there's growing discontent with the two party system.

Just a thought to throw out there.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
If you have lived in a heavy Asian area like San Francisco or Los Angeles it would make sense to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies