Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
Yea...it must have been real tuff being a community organizer getting hand outs all your life....

Oh...just curious if Obama is such an intellect heavy weight why doesn't he release his college transcripts...whats he scared of...
It must be real tough losing to one.

[eh?]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 07:08 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
This is not a serious question. It is just another whiny conservative slap at people who voted for Obama. People like you would be less confused by Obama's victory if you didn't live so completely within a self-affirming, non-reality based right-wing thought bubble.
I am a Eurasian-American and a Buddhist. I voted for Obama.

President Obama is hard working, ambitious, and intelligent ... that is why he won re-election.

Romney was a successful businessman ... but not very intelligent in my opinion. His gaffes were apalling.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Asian Americans overwhelmingly backed Obama, Democrats - latimes.com
Yeah, a lot of things slipped by you guys this election season. Better luck next time.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,945 times
This must pose a problem for you -- here they voted for Obama, and you never even bothered to do everything possible to alienate them from voting Republican.

I am sure you'll soon be working furiously to rectify this oversight!

Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
Quote:

I think you mean they are opposite of yourself and your ilk.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,853 times
Asians have surpassed Hispanics as the largest wave of new immigrants to the United States, pushing the population of Asian descent to a record 18.2 million and helping to make Asians the fastest-growing racial group in the country, according to a study released Tuesday by the Pew Research Center.

Multimedia

Graphic
Asians Are Immigrations New Face

Connect With Us on Twitter

Follow @NYTNational for breaking news and headlines.
Twitter List: Reporters and Editors

While Asian immigration has increased slightly in recent years, the shift in ranking is largely attributable to the sharp decline in Hispanic immigration, the study said.
About 430,000 Asians — or 36 percent of all new immigrants, legal and illegal — moved to the United States in 2010, compared with 370,000 Hispanics, or 31 percent of all new arrivals, the study said. Just three years earlier, the ratio was reversed: about 390,000 Asians immigrated in 2007, compared with 540,000 Hispanics

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/19/us...rant-wave.html

Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,936,908 times
Quote:

You don't get it? No surprise there. Obama didn't work hard to get where he is, you say? Is this the old-white-republican line that Obama was handed everything in life (as opposed to Romney of course)?
Except for you obviously, it's not hard to figure out. Asian Americans are smart enough to reject corporate fascism and right-wing lies.
Oh, and where did you pick up this racial stereotyping? Whites aren't ambitious or intelligent? Maybe so, but I think it's more on the individual.
I know the Hispanic agricultural harvesting community works amazingly hard. Since they backed Obama as well, what innate personal traits do you think they lack as a race? Interesting to know your opinion on that.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,555,033 times
Quote:
If thats true then why "Obama To Consult Romney On Way Forward"

Obama couldn't run a Kool-Aid Stand...
No, but he IS running the United States. Why? Because he is hard working, ambitious, and intelligent. Honestly, you should have been on the first plane out of the U.S., given your thoughts on the person leading it. But alas, your still here, complaining. Lame. Just lame.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:16 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
How about these reasons.

1. The GOP is all about old white guys holding on to power, and insulting everyone else.
2. The GOP considers math and science to be like kryptonite, and scientists to be liars and leeches.
3. The GOP considers all urban people (where asians usually live) to be morally bankrupt.
4. The GOP promotes closemindedness and intolerance of minority cultures, nonchristian religions, and rejects climate change and evolution.
5. The GOP routinely saber rattles and talks with contempt about Europe, Asia, Latin America, and just about any place other than the American South.

I could go on, but the point is, why would anyone want to jump on that bandwagon?

Asians are proof that the GOP has no monopoly on intelligent, hard working, and self-reliant people. The fable of the hard working Republican and the layabout Democrat was cooked up at Fox News. And Asians are usually smart enough to figure out who is talking out of their....

Old 11-10-2012, 10:31 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Yea...it must have been real tuff being a community organizer getting hand outs all your life....

Oh...just curious if Obama is such an intellect heavy weight why doesn't he release his college transcripts...whats he scared of...
Oh, NOW I understand why you don't get it. You're a birther! That explains everything. Birthers are dead from the neck up. No use trying to explain anything to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies