Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, NOW I understand why you don't get it. You're a birther! That explains everything. Birthers are dead from the neck up. No use trying to explain anything to you.

What do the college transcripts have to do with the "birther" issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 10:40 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Asian Americans overwhelmingly backed Obama, Democrats - latimes.com

TorpeTejano1 at 12:31 PM November 09, 2012 Getting a GOOD education certainly DOES pay off. Most Americans' "research" never goes any further than their favorite "talk radio"program.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
What value would Asian-Americans see in the Bible-banging, retrograde craziness of the GOP?

Old 11-10-2012, 10:53 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What do the college transcripts have to do with the "birther" issue?
Birthers believe the president was a citizen of Indonesia or Kenya, and that he got into college here in the U.S. with foreign student aid. They think that information would show up on his college transcripts.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:01 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,555,033 times
In other news.....Florida went for Obama. lol. This is just so classic.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
What value would Asian-Americans see in the Bible-banging, retrograde craziness of the GOP?
hard work = republicans

asians have to be republican since they work so hard and usually have a strong family household, this is the GOP, old white racist men and some loyal foot solider women that follow senile husbands to the grave.

What really bugs the GOP is that minorities come here and don't "give back" to their cause, they don't follow American values, rules and tend to bring themselves and their country to USA. This irks them, when GOP sees asians they really think "we're friends" but Asians don't think that way, asians.. like other minorities usually come to America for better opportunity, keep to themselves and don't deal with whites...

Usually the only place minorities in general deal with white is at the workplace... outside of the workplace alot of whites feel out of place with others since others don't deal with them... alot of "white guilt" is basically "white acceptance"

Asians aren't usually religious and the ones that are attend very diverse churches usually non GOP country hill churches..... Asians are very minority regardless of education or a higher sense of family values and them usually staying out of American culture in the household is a big reason they're so educated and organized.

Whites... even to this day... in a sense don't have many true friends, what they believe in the majority is against, real WN's know this and scream separate for a reason... the history is done, too much damage and it's payback time.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Honestly...I'd have to see the age breakdown of those who voted for Obama and Romney. My guess is that the older 50+ age groups probably had a tendency to vote for Romney while the younger age groups had a tendency to favor Obama.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
I'm sure Rove will happily interview a few hundred 3rd-5th generation middle aged , suburban white men, (like myself) to try to understand why they failed to get this voting group (asians).

Will Rogers old line "I'm not a member of an organized party, I'm a Democrat." now applies to the GOP.

America has greatly changed, and the change to come will make the change so far seem tiny. Retail politics , done in a manner that means speaking to a microcosm of 2012 America, not 1952 America, is the minimum requirement for America's smallest party to regain any reasonable chance at the level of the election for POTUS.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,992,839 times
One big reason Asians might have a jaded view of American society is after all that hard work and studying is walking out of an job interview and never getting the courtesy of a polite rejection. The message is we don't hire your kind here!

Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
I know a few Asians that attend a majority Asian evangelical Christian church. They have stated to me on a few occasions that they support the Republican party more because they don't really like gay marriage. I don't know who they voted for but I assume Romney. I think this shows just how much the GOP has become a single issue party and is tied to religion and church. They are no longer the big tent party like they used to be. I remember in the 70s there were many Chinese and Vietnamese Republicans but now they have all gone to the Democratic side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies