Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Really? On the customers tab these things are itemized?

I've never seen it at any restaurants around here...

I was under the impression that the tab would have a 5% surcharge added as a line item, you know, to rub it into peoples' faces.

Coffee $2.00
Doughnut $1.50
Tax $0.25
Affordable Healthcare Act Surcharge $0.18
Total $3.93
But since he apparently plans on arranging his employees' hours so he won't have to pay, in the interests of 'Truth in Advertising', shouldn't the AHA Surcharge be changed to Whiny Employer Pi$$ed Off That His Guy Didn't Win Surcharge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 AM

328 posts, read 471,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Not that I ever patronized liberal/Obama-hating establishments like Denny's, Papa John's, Applebee's, or Chick-Fil-A prior to all the controversy...but I certainly won't be starting now.

I prefer to do business with companies who treat their employees well, though that list seems to be getting smaller by the day.
Add Jimmy John's to the list. See the video.
Jimmy John's avoids Obamacare by Reducing Employee Hours. Sick People to serve you Food!!! | Opinion - Liberal

Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
shouldn't the AHA Surcharge be changed to Whiny Employer Pi$$ed Off That His Guy Didn't Win Surcharge?
And all the other Floridians pished off that their guy didn't win should demonstrated their pishedness by happily buying scambled eggs and toast and paying his ridiculous surcharge.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Unlike most in this nation, I don't believe that I'm going to live forever. When my health fails, I die. Pretty simple concept.

Do your "benefits" include a free tushy wiping?
Not if you are in agonizing pain. Especially if your condition can be turned around by one little expensive pill that you can not afford without insurance. But, if you own a home, I'm sure some money maker will except the tradeoff. Many do, even from those with private for profit health insurance. You see, health insurance is now turning into the new business model in which monthly premiums are paid in, little benefit paid out. Got to love success!

Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
No, when they get sick they will get canned. Thanks to the repeal of the 13th amendment that got rammed down our throats. It was SUCH a great idea! You people knew damned well that folks would just find a way around it... making things worse than they were before. Hope everyone is happy.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Those who have health insurance don`t care about those who don`t.Nothing new here just typical republican greed and selfishness.
I have health insurance. I have an adult daughter who doesn't, and another who won't once she turns 26. You think I don't care? Of course I care. I just don't think Obamacare or universal healthcare is the answer.

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
So are personal attacks.

God, some people are such children. Unbelievable.
Like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
You're a sensitive little fellow aren't you?

Quote:
A corporate business owner is what you call a CEO!!
A CEO is the "Chief Executive Officer". There can only be one, and it's not this jagoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'd be interested to see whether the 5% on every single check has any wiggle room in it, to, you know - increase profit margins a tad? Are we going to get to see the accounting? Especially seeing as he's already cutting the hours and won't be implementing the healthcare that apparently costs so very very much.
Exactly! Costs go up 1%? Raise prices 5%.

I'd be willing to bet that by the end of business today, Denny's real CEO comes out with a statement that such is not the opinion of the corporation. That's what happened with the Applebee's flap.

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
I wonder if this legislation would nudge the US towards fewer chain stores and more independent, small businesses. How interesting.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Yes, as well as a CEO to his stores.

No, he's a francisee, genius. Unless he has incorporated his restaurants, he is not a ceo....genius. But keep on denying, it makes me laugh.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:49 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
At this rate, we'll be boycotting every business in this country! LOL! Love their Moons Over My Hammy BTW!
I like their food, or used to, but I haven't eaten at a Denny's in years because they never replace their buildings and every Denny's, at least in this area, is in an old rundown building that been there forever. Unappetizing to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies