Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2012, 04:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
I have one question. If Christmas is being killed this year, does that mean the war on Christmas will finally be over?
No, the christians will ALWAYS have to make something up (like making up a "god') so they will continually have something to whine about...they're whiney babies whose faith is challenge by lack of plastic figures (Made in China) on public property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Not until the minorities, including atheists, stop whining about Christmas...
Ya, you're right...christians are NOT leaders and don't know how to set a good example....

Old 11-20-2012, 04:58 PM

353 posts, read 458,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Originally Posted by skoro
We know we're small fish in a big pond full of angry believers who'd dearly love to see us all disappear.

But we're not whiners.

Are you kidding me? Every time an Atheists sees a religious symbol anywhere he/she starts whining. Threats of legal action, etc. Most can't let things go. How is it hurting them?
That's an awfully broad brush you are painting with there, my friend.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Wintery decorations ARE a part of chiristmas. They may not be part of the story of the birth of Jesus but they are part of the american christmas traditions and to even TRY to deny that is rediculous. Jesus himself isn't into decorations and the bible even says so with the "don't bring in a tree and decorate it" line. No leg to stand on there...no leg at all.

Decorations are a fashion statement, not a christian stand.
Christmas is all about the birth of Christ, and most decorations we use and see are part of it, including Christmas trees, color red and green, stars of Betlehem, Nativity Scene, Angels, Christmas bows, etc.

Meaning of Christmas Symbols and Symbolism with Christmas Prayers

^ Look at the list.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are correct, it doesn't matter what someone celebrates, I will greet you with Happy Holidays. If you don't like it, tough.
You greet me with "Happy Holidays" on Christmas Eve, and I will tell your manager + calling corporate for insulting me, being Anti-Christmas, and Anti-Christian. I do wear a big cross, and you know I'm Christian.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Happy Holidays is undifferenchiated among all the holidays occuring at the time. It refers to christmas and everything else. The religious celebration of christmas is NOT the legal holiday, its the cultural connitation of the holiday which applies, or something is very wrong here.
Sure it isn't. That's why on the US Federal website under observed holidays for Christmas, it says:
Christmas Day is a celebrated on December 25. Christmas is a Christian holiday marking the birth of the Christ Child. Decorating houses and yards with lights, putting up Christmas trees, giving gifts, and sending greeting cards have become holiday traditions even for many non-Christian Americans.

http://www.usa.gov/citizens/holidays.shtml

Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
You greet me with "Happy Holidays" on Christmas Eve, and I will tell your manager + calling corporate for insulting me, being Anti-Christmas, and Anti-Christian. I do wear a big cross, and you know I'm Christian.
Quote:
Sure it isn't. That's why on the US Federal website under observed holidays for Christmas, it says:
Christmas Day is a celebrated on December 25. Christmas is a Christian holiday marking the birth of the Christ Child. Decorating houses and yards with lights, putting up Christmas trees, giving gifts, and sending greeting cards have become holiday traditions even for many non-Christian Americans.

American Holidays | USA.gov
It's Christians like the poster above that drove me away from all organized religion.

I hope you are proud to be showing everyone the way a "true Christian " behaves towards his fellow man.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Good grief! What if the sales clerk isn't Christian? Lots of non-Christians work for Christians on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

I have a policy of "no shopping" on Christmas Eve. Otherwise, my husband would never quit. We try to do something family-ish on Christmas Eve, like ice skating.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:55 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
You're in the wrong country buddy. The founding fathers were clearly Anti-Christian according to your definition. I think you best pack your bags and move to somewhere that sees things your way. America isn't it.

"I concur with you strictly in your opinion of the comparative merits of atheism and demonism, and really see nothing but the latter in the being worshipped by many who think themselves Christians." - Thomas Jefferson, 1789

Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It's Christians like the poster above that drove me away from all organized religion.

I hope you are proud to be showing everyone the way a "true Christian " behaves towards his fellow man.
What you decide to do and believe in your life is your personal problem. God gives us all a free will, and let you decide in this short-lived life, and you will be judged based on that.

So being proud of being Christian is something bad?!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
No you wouldn't. You'd smile and come to the forums and talk tough. NOBODY calls on a manager for hearing "happy holidays" unless they are severely brain addled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies