Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 09:45 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Yah, they're not industrialized nations and your stats are WRONG! You have no source! AND you have only the homicide rate not murder rate with guns! Total BUll! Here's the real rate (you know there is this thing called google):

http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/...d-States/Crime

The USA has 14 TIMES as much gun violence as Spain. .0245 per 100,000 vs. 3.6 per 100,000 for the USA. Keep drinking the NRA kool-aid dude. Look it up on a real site not some NRA made up bull site.

So , is it just gun violence you are concerned with , or violence in general ? Other countries have the same issues, just with a different tool. That being said, yes , our country does seem to have a propensity for violence. That in itself should be the main concern. Why ? Why is our society getting more violent after years of seeing a decline ? And why a certain demographic (mass shooters) ?

Old 08-05-2019, 09:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Guns- “We are the only industrialized country that has this problem. In the whole world, the only one.” (Israel, Canada)
Trump blames video-games but does not realize people play the same games all over the world, but dont have this problem.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:54 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,817 times
I hate to say this but as a black man what I'm concerned about is this, if you take out the black on black crime where does American stand with gun deaths? I have no answer when presented this question. I know my people in poor areas need to change. I'm not bashing blacks. But if you present the data that way then America doesn't even compare. I know we are ALL Americans so when you look at data you have to include everyone. I bet if you only look at gun deaths from people with a certain income or two parent homes it would change drastically. That leads me to believe that it's not a black problem but a poor broken home problem.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I hate to say this but as a black man what I'm concerned about is this, if you take out the black on black crime where does American stand with gun deaths? I have no answer when presented this question. I know my people in poor areas need to change. I'm not bashing blacks. But if you present the data that way then America doesn't even compare. I know we are ALL Americans so when you look at data you have to include everyone. I bet if you only look at gun deaths from people with a certain income or two parent homes it would change drastically. That leads me to believe that it's not a black problem but a poor broken home problem.

Awesome, logic and common sense , finally !

I think you can even take the "poor" out of that and just leave it at broken home. That is where the issues are, whether in the inner city, or the hills of the south. Kids are being brought up in the street, where one has to be tough to survive and violence is the only way to prove it. This is an entirely different situation though than the mass shooters, although I do think much of it has to do with their home life.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:03 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Trump blames video-games but does not realize people play the same games all over the world, but dont have this problem.
One word, Japan. Makers of all our video games had 12 gun homicides... IN A YEAR! We go through that in a shopping trip to Walmart.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
One word, Japan. Makers of all our video games had 12 gun homicides... IN A YEAR! We go through that in a shopping trip to Walmart.

Japan, a purely homogenous somewhat racist country... Absolutely zero comparison to the U.S.

And when they have issues, instead of lashing out and killing others, they just kill themselves.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/healt...ntl/index.html

Old 08-05-2019, 11:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Japan, a purely homogenous somewhat racist country... Absolutely zero comparison to the U.S.
Right. 12 homicides certainly does not compare to our sky-high numbers.

We have that many every other hour.

Old 08-05-2019, 11:16 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,119,845 times
We’re the only developed country where it isn’t surprising..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies