Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:08 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times

Advertisements

I am a Weirdo-Americans and H8 little kids, grannies, feminists, Urban Hipsters, flaming men............and just about everyone else. AND.....I truly hope the feeling is MUTUAL!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 10:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You're living the dream.
Yep. I sure am. You should try it sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I don't need to do anything about "it". I live in a white neighborhood, where the few minorities keep to themselves and mind their own business. As long as property values remain high, I don't need to do anything about "it".
If the property values dropped by half overnight, you still wouldn't do a damn thing about it.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:55 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

If the property values dropped by half overnight, you still wouldn't do a damn thing about it.
Spoken like a true statist.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:32 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My MIL is racist and anti-semitic, and she does NOT keep her mouth shut about it. It's embarrassing at times.
Maybe to you she doesn't, but I doubt she goes out in public and says that very often.

I like Muslim nasheeds and play the music from my car all the time. Windows down, music audible to everyone. I do this in the middle of red country and never has anyone said something to me. Most I get is weird look which I return the favor. I think white racists are more brave on the internet and with their family members than they're in person.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:34 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
It's absolutely sickening.

My grandpop was from North Philly (when it was Irish) and my grandmom from SW Philly (when it was Italian). I couldn't walk those streets today. Same goes for the town I grew up in, section 8 and de industrialization turned it into a gang infested hellhole.
I'm sure you could walk those streets just fine. I've never been to a US city that had a neighborhood so dangerous you couldn't walk. I lived in Detroit btw.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:38 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
On holidays such as this it is common for friends to invite co-workers or other acquaintances to dinner if they are far away from their own families (or don't have family).

Do you have a racist family member who would be offended to sit at the Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner table with an outsider from another race?
I would love to ask your family members the same question.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:40 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Maybe to you she doesn't, but I doubt she goes out in public and says that very often.

I like Muslim nasheeds and play the music from my car all the time. Windows down, music audible to everyone. I do this in the middle of red country and never has anyone said something to me. Most I get is weird look which I return the favor. I think white racists are more brave on the internet and with their family members than they're in person.
One thing that I AM prejudiced about is those meat heads who go about in their cars blasting music that is not appreciated by everyone. What's the point?

I had a neighbor who had regular noisy productions going on in his backyard. I just put my quad speakers in my windows and started blasting opera at him. Opera acts on low lives similarly to Raid on ants, I have found.

Really, nasheeds are fine, but loud music of any kind that is inflicted on others against their wishes is just bad taste. If people DO look at you disapprovingly it may not be because of what you're playing, but that it is irritatingly loud.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,477,416 times
I have an 80 year old uncle that still likes to throw out that n word on occaision but he doesn`t have a hateful bone in his body. He was raised by hillbillies and that`s what he learned.Those people would be appalled to know that their only son voted for Obama twice.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:51 AM

764 posts, read 597,497 times
My mom's side of the family can sound pretty bad. I know my mom for one will openly admit she's "a little racist". Nothing bad though. Like nearly every one of my friends growing up was either mixed or black and there was and still isn't a bad word said about them, but it's because they are decent people. She still proudly talks about how non judgmental I was/am towards all people. So obviously it's nothing severe. It's more anger towards general ignorance most of the time.

My dad on the other hand would usually scold my mom for saying some of the racially charged things she'd say in the past. But in the past few years, ever since he started listening to right wing media, his comments about "THOSE" people (minorities, not just black) can be really frequent. Once again, it's usually just anger towards ignorance, but sometimes it happens. I'm not just saying that to get in some "shot" at the right wing or whatever. Right there in front of me, I've watched it happen...

Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
YES! Back in the 1980s we use to go camping with two groups of relatives. During a fun night of music and games put on by the campground, they played the song Cotton-eyed Joe. I got up and joined in the circle line dance. I just happened to jump in next to a black girl. She and I had fun through the whole song and dance, especially when they sped it up. The next morning my aunt and uncle were giving me some very dark ugly looks. I asked them what's wrong. They said and I quote, "we saw you dancing with that negress". If they gave me dirty looks over that, I wonder how they'd feel knowing some of the women I dated? Their racism doesn't include hispanics especially since some of their ancestry is from Spain.
You should've said, 'and I enjoyed every minute of it, sisters got soul, you gotta problem with that?' lol jk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies