Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 11:02 AM

1,733 posts, read 1,822,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So you're assumption is that all teenagers will drink until they pass out or start raping those passed out, all teens will lie and stay out all night so parents can just forget making a single rule.
No, we are the ones who think that its important to teach kids to be responsible. And know that it is difficult. That kids make mistakes, thats how they become adults. And we know that you don't just tell them how you want them to behave. You set an example. And that if your attitude is "its her fault for being drunk" thats the attitude your sons are going to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
See I don't take that parenting attitude where I shrugged in helplessness as soon as they were born. My kids are home when I tell them to be home and they don't come home passing out from drinking. I think it comes down to parents attitudes toward parenting. If you think your kids will never abide by any rules so you cannot make rules then you're going to have kids who drink and party and stay out all night. If you believe you can set down some rules, then you will.
Your kids are home because they are imaginary.

Your attitude to how kid-adult interaction looks from the adult perspective, is mildly put, out of whack. I mean, your attitude to the fact that kids have to be taught rules, and that it involves the kids testing the limits, occasinally misbehaving etc is some kind of absolutist crap about attitude to parenting. No-one whos ever had a teenager thinks it works the way you think.

Also...you've not come across as much of an adult in this thread. To put it mildly. This thread is about a girl who were raped, and perpetrators who thought they could get away with that. You've not only done everything possible to back the rapists up, you've tried to make it a political liberal/conservative issue. And you've tried to take the issue that the rapist were just victims.
Not what we'd actually call the conservative stance. And not adult behavior.

You've stated that it wasn't the rapists fault, they couldn't say no because they were drunk. And that you're teaching your kids this. If you actually had kids, they'd be soaking up your attitude to girls, rapevictims, perpetrators, liberals, rape and responsibility. Thats what you'd be teaching them. You've stated, from nothing but your imagination as far as I can see, that the victim was a liberal, her parents were liberals, and its all because of Bill Clinton.

You sound like an angry 14-year old hammering away at the keyboard, with lots of testosteron, no idea what its like to be 16, far less raise a teenager, and a great wish to make everything be about liberals, whom you seem to have built up in your head to be the boogyeman.

You're frankly not marture enough to have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 11:05 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
People need to understand that there is the pretend liberal utopia where nobody has a "right" to be mean to anybody or beat anybody up or rape anybody etc. Then there is the real world where this crap happens on a daily basis. You try and tell your children to never put themselves in a situation that this can occur. I never let my kids go anywhere without their friends in tow. There is safety in numbers. I tell them to look out for each other. Once they reach a certain age you can't have your eyes on em 24/7. They will leave the nest and if they aren't prepared then something will happen and it could be bad. There is no excuse for what these boys did but if that girl had been with three or four friends looking out for her it most likely wouldn't have happened either. If some of those kids were her friends then they are some horrible friends that's for sure.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Gays compare themselves to the animals in the world all the time and folks nod their head in agreement. Now it's not so??
Congratulations to another knob!!!

You brought gays into a thread that has nothing to do with gay people!!!! Right up there with the posters who brought in politics, God and race into the thread.

Can't wait for your next "relevant" post where you bring in Muslims.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,207,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Who are the human beings who make mistakes in your post? The young rapists, or the gal who got raped? Or both?
The girl. She lied to her parents and said she was going to a sleepover, and went to a party with her friends instead. Then she got drunk. She made a mistake, and she was in a vulnerable position. In most universes, you hope that someone would step in, take her home, and that she'd be grounded for the next year for lying to her parents and drinking. Unfortunately, no one made sure she got home ok. Drinking--a mistake--doesn't make it her fault that a group of boys carried her around like a rag doll from party to party while she was unconscious (and possibly drugged), offered to pay people to urinate on her, repeatedly sexually assaulted her and masturbated on her, and then bragged about it to their friends, posted pictures all over the internet, and told people their coach would get them out of trouble. Those boys knew exactly what they were doing, and they fully intended for what happened to happen. There was no "mistake" involved on their part.

Last edited by mb1547; 03-19-2013 at 11:35 AM..

Old 03-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Congratulations to another knob!!!

You brought gays into a thread that has nothing to do with gay people!!!! Right up there with the posters who brought in politics, God and race into the thread.

Can't wait for your next "relevant" post where you bring in Muslims.
Knob? That is a violation. I'd report you but I'm not a crybaby liberal. lol

Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The girl. She lied to her parents and said she was going to a sleepover, and went to a party instead. Then she got drunk. She made a mistake, and she was in a vulnerable position. In most universes, you hope that someone would step in, take her home, and that she'd be grounded for the next year for lying to her parents and drinking. Unfortunately, no one made sure she got home ok. Drinking--a mistake--doesn't make it her fault that a group of boys carried her around like a rag doll from party to party while she was unconscious (and possibly drugged), offered to pay people to urinate on her, repeatedly sexually assaulted her and masturbated on her, and then bragged about it to their friends, posted pictures all over the internet, and told people their coach would get them out of trouble. Those boys knew exactly what they were doing, and they fully intended for what happened to happen. There was no "mistake" involved on their part.
Now I doubt they went to this party looking to rape some girl. They get some booze in em and some joker comes up with a grand idea and next thing you know they all go along with it. I can't believe somebody didn't step up and put a stop to it real quick. Or who knows maybe they did stage the entire thing. Some pretty messed up stuff going on in this little town if that's the case.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,784,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You are the one who started in with the word "stupid" and now you are complaining?

DNA does govern behavior, among a great man other things. It sounds like you haven't bothered to learn anything about DNA..
FFS, they are still researching if DNA tags dictate bee behavior. Where's the science that says DNA tags in humans GOVERN behavior?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now I doubt they went to this party looking to rape some girl. They get some booze in em and some joker comes up with a grand idea and next thing you know they all go along with it. I can't believe somebody didn't step up and put a stop to it real quick. Or who knows maybe they did stage the entire thing. Some pretty messed up stuff going on in this little town if that's the case.

If any in the crowd were real men, they would have put a stop to it. Just like if that coach at Penn State was a real man, he would have intervened to stop that scumbag Jerry Sandusky from molesting that boy in the shower!

I think we can all agree that the girl was careless, but it by no means excuses what these boys did! And again, were it my daughter, I'd find it very hard not to find those boys and stick them in a hole!!!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:26 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Kat View Post
Perhaps we should blame the guy who built the house these kids were in, or the manufacturer of red Solo cups. Get a grip, folks. This isn't the fault of the girl who was brutally raped, the parents of the girl or the rapists, or anyone else. There are two people responsible for this crime and they were found guilty. They aren't crying because they're sorry for what they did — they're crying because they got caught. Had they not gotten into trouble, they would have finished out their high school careers drinking, drugging, and raping other girls.

Their sentence is not nearly severe enough for what they did.
i even saw them smiling in court, imagine if they had got a not guilty..they would have been cheering, on tv saying "justice is service" , saying "thank you god/jesus/higher being for helping me" and all other b.s people do

Old 03-19-2013, 11:28 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,678,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You should learn how to diagram a sentence. You'd see the difference between what I said and what you said.

*LOL* You'd better rush out an publish your findings if you have somehow discovered that DNA determines behavior. How you'll account for the variety that exists in human behavior will certainly prove fascinating.
I am not going to rush out and publish findings (even though what I said is accurate) because unlike you, I post here for fun. I am not all bent out of shape when people disagree with me... that's your bag. Perhaps you are one of those people who finds it pleasurable to walk around all angry and accusatory just because someone has a differing perspective, but I don't view the world that way. You are angry and bitter, and I am merely posting my thoughts. That my thoughts make you even more angry and bitter isn't my problem. Being able to have a nice day in the face of adversity and disagreements is a great skill, I suggest you work on that before you give yourself a heart attack!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies